The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2017, 01:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree. It looked extremely odd, the summerly dressed Letizia, with bare arms, surrounded by coated folks everywhere.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:34 AM
Majesty

UK state visit:

Queen Letizia of Spain stuns in yellow on state visit

Spain's Queen Letizia meets the Queen and Prince Philip | Daily Mail Online

She looks wonderful in yellow. A very regal and elegant outfit. One of her best.

Old 07-12-2017, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Finally the Queen of Spain with a hat and gloves... hopefully Letizia will discover the pleasure of dressing like a royal indeed.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Yellow isn't flattering to a lot of women but Queen Letizia looked lovely, very chic. She doesn't usually wear hats so this yellow chapeau was a beautiful bonus.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I'm not a fan. Designer is likely to be Varela and it's very similar to at least 2 or 3 outfits Letizia already has (communion of her daughters, Lux wedding), so no creative ideas here.
It's a proper outfit incl hat and gloves but I don't think the yellow is flattering.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Majesty

It is from Varela but for me too something don't like it. She is of course very elegant with her everything but ..maybe the color.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

The outfit is appropriate but not a good one. The dress and the coat would be great without the applications at the hem. The hat was a wrong choice, it doesn't look good on Letizia. And yellow isn't Letizia's colour, at least not in the hat.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

I don't like it. Yellow is a difficult colors and she looks like a moving scrambled egg. Maybe it's a bit too matchy matchy...
Old 07-12-2017, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I do like it and great to see Letizia wearing a hat ,do we know who designed it.

The Spanish millinery industry must be rejoicing that a Spanish royal is finally wearing a hat

The entire look reminds me of the Duchess of Cambridges style.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I do like it and great to see Letizia wearing a hat ,do we know who designed it.

The Spanish millinery industry must be rejoicing that a Spanish royal is finally wearing a hat

I think Letizia looks lovely, young and fresh. What a profile !
Old 07-12-2017, 08:17 AM
Courtier

Letizia looks good overall today at the start of the state visit. That shade of yellow isn't really her colour but the cut is nice and I like the effect of the ruffles on the coat and dress at the bottom.

I love the hat and thank god she wore her hair up and properly styled. Now is not the time for scraggly ends and a "wind blown" - thank you, Daily Mail - look.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Serene Highness

Lovely outfit, can't complain.

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 07-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Nobility

She looks lovely, appropriate, and her hair is up so no scraggly ends showing. Her make-up does look too dark to me however.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

Queen Letizia of Spain channels the Duchess of Cambridge for her first appearance in the UK *

Here you go. At least The Telegraph things so
Old 07-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Its def a Kate outfit, incl the nude shoes
Old 07-12-2017, 09:00 AM
Majesty

i am not sure what letizia decided to wear but that colour (and that hideous hat) are not flattering on her. not disastrous and still totally appropriate, but not the elegant chic and modern letizia i was expecting to see. she almost never wears yellow either, and i think there is a good reason why (it just doesn't look as good on her, and on many people, as other colours), so i am unsure why she thought it would be a good colour this time.

does letizia travel with a hairdresser and a make up professional? i assume for certain low key events she probably doesn't but given this is a state visit i wonder if someone came with her that she trusts or if maybe her committee / the hotel arranges for some professionals to come to her. we know kate travels with her hairdresser, and so does mary, but we never heard anything on letizia. her hairdo looks quite complex to do it herself.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Serene Highness

I personally think that Queen Letizia looks stunning. Actually hate hats 95 present of the time but at least this one matches color. Yellow or gold colored cloth is one of my favorite on women under 50. I actually love the tone on her. The cut and shape of this outfit is striking on a slim figure. I personally can find no fault. Hope they enjoy themselves.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Its def a Kate outfit, incl the nude shoes
I was actually thinking she reminded me a little of Maxima.

Now that I'm seeing higher quality images I'm not liking this look as much as I initially did. I still like the fact she's well groomed with the hat and hair appropriate for the occasion. But the yellow is really doing her no favours and I agree with whoever said her makeup is very heavy. If it looks that way in photographs it will look ten times heavier in real life.

That being said, this particular outfit may not be my favourite but there's no denying she's dressed appropriately for the role of the wife of a head of state visiting a foreign country, which is what matters.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Aristocracy

Letizia looks stunning. The best looking Royal couple. Bravo!
Old 07-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i am not sure what letizia decided to wear but that colour (and that hideous hat) are not flattering on her. not disastrous and still totally appropriate, but not the elegant chic and modern letizia i was expecting to see. she almost never wears yellow either, and i think there is a good reason why (it just doesn't look as good on her, and on many people, as other colours), so i am unsure why she thought it would be a good colour this time.

does letizia travel with a hairdresser and a make up professional? i assume for certain low key events she probably doesn't but given this is a state visit i wonder if someone came with her that she trusts or if maybe her committee / the hotel arranges for some professionals to come to her. we know kate travels with her hairdresser, and so does mary, but we never heard anything on letizia. her hairdo looks quite complex to do it herself.
I am sure she does travel with hairdresser, make up artist and everything else,I think all they have the same, from Maxima, Mary, Mathilde, all of them1 they look too perfect Add to dictionary, all this ladies so I am sure they have a group of people to their feet!

Tags
queen letizia, queen letizia casual outfits, queen letizia daytime fashion