Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, maybe Felipe's suit is a little outdated, but Letizia looks fine. Nothing too tight, too short or inappropriate. Having her hair pulled back is a nice change. Also, I have to say that since the abdication, she looks more and more relaxed (like a weight was lifted) and she is smiling more. Wonderful to see.

I think she looked lovely. Very professional and elegant at the sometime. The jacket is very flattering. I like her ponytail, it suits her.

Last edited by a moderator:
These shoes need to be replaced by now!

I always love her ponytails and updos in general.

Today's outfit was ok,no leather thankfully.

Her hair looks better I think in either of those styles as its been a bit hit and miss of late.

I think her outfit was fine. I (like many, it seems) tend to get bored with the pants outfits, but this one is nice - I like the jacket, and the pants look nice with it. The only thing I don't like are the shoes.

And I love the ponytail. It's well-styled and very flattering on her.

I think her outfit was fine. I (like many, it seems) tend to get bored with the pants outfits, but this one is nice - I like the jacket, and the pants look nice with it. The only thing I don't like are the shoes.

And I love the ponytail. It's well-styled and very flattering on her.

The jacket is very nice and her hair looks great like this. I don't like the pants. This style or fit doesn't look good on her tiny frame. And I hate the shoes. Not sure if I've said that enough in her threads:lol:

Letizia really does look more relaxed. Her smiles appear more genuine and go all the way up to her eyes. My mother used to say that you could tell if someone was happy if they smiled not only with their lips but with their eyes as well, and it looks that way with Letizia now.

Letizia's make up is flawless! Sadly, her attire is just too middle class. Sorry, IMHO a Queen should dress like one. While I can appreciate her thinking that she shouldn't overdue the attire while the country is going through a financial crisis, I do think that she should consider that she is the Queen and not one of "us". It's O.K. Letizia, you are the Queen and no one will hold it against you. Wear a nice outfit (sans pants), some minor bling, and enjoy it! Perhaps you should spend some time with Maxima?

I like her hair but the outfit is just so disappointing.

I like the jacket very much it's chic , but dislike the pants not so bad but not nice on letizia & not good match with the jacket , she ruined the outfit with the pants ,, it would looks much better with navy color skirt & gray shoes .

Last edited:
I love Letizia's outfit. I think it's wonderful to see a Queen wearing pants. Letizia has a slender body and looks very good in pants. I think far more modern Royal women should wear pants, especially for everyday and business wear.

I think dresses and skirts are limiting and the fact women feel compelled to continue to wear them and high heels can be attributed to sexism and discrimination.

I despise the fact that women are held to a different standard than men regarding dress, and that they feel compelled have a far more extensive wardrobe than men and to kit themselves out in accordance with the latest fashion and spend hours and fortunes in the clutches of hairdressers and "beauticians", or to do all this stuff to themselves. The beautician's task it is to make the skin look artificially young and to then to paint it with colours to make the skin look smooth and evenly coloured and make their eyes look seductively larger and sexier and paint their lips to darken them to a colour that connotes sexual arousal. This is all the result of the pressures and expectations placed on women by our still male-dominated society. And I particularly lament the fact that it is other women who most vehemently disparage women if they fail to conform to these standards and dare to march to the beat of a different drummer. Such individuality is threatening and not welcome.

Yes, I am one of those feminists. :lol:

Yay, Letizia and all other Royal women who dare to wear pants.

Last edited:
I guess I am in the minority here in reference to slacks/pants on women. I happen to like Letizia in pants whether narrow or "slightly" full. I feel that she and Catherine of UK look the best. I strongly dislike Mathilde, Maxima or Zara in pants. Their figure types are better shown off in skirts and especially not full palazzo style pants. JMO

I hate Letizia's pants and Felipe's suit looks odd, something Ron Burgundy would wear.

King Felipe's suit looks a bit odd because it is a 10 year old style with the double right pocket flap. Material is also of a light weight causing it to pucker in spots.

Letizia's make up is flawless! Sadly, her attire is just too middle class. Sorry, IMHO a Queen should dress like one. While I can appreciate her thinking that she shouldn't overdue the attire while the country is going through a financial crisis, I do think that she should consider that she is the Queen and not one of "us". It's O.K. Letizia, you are the Queen and no one will hold it against you. Wear a nice outfit (sans pants), some minor bling, and enjoy it! Perhaps you should spend some time with Maxima?

She looks great. And she is one of us, so to speak. ANo one wants some overdressed woman to represent their nation.

I guess I am in the minority here in reference to slacks/pants on women. I happen to like Letizia in pants whether narrow or "slightly" full. I feel that she and Catherine of UK look the best. I strongly dislike Mathilde, Maxima or Zara in pants. Their figure types are better shown off in skirts and especially not full palazzo style pants. JMO

This is one area in which women do have an advantage over men. They don't have to wear pants if their figure type is better suited to a skirt.

Letizia is lucky that she looks fabulous in pants and I hope we see more of this look with her in smart suits for her engagements.

She looks great. And she is one of us, so to speak. No one wants some overdressed woman to represent their nation.

I agree. Just like someone else said, she is dressed for business. She is dressed well but 'no fuss, no muss'. We all know she can dazzle when she needs/wants to.

Remember this? :flowers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0HKTTUMqUo

:previous: Oh yeah!!!!! And I am hoping to see many others just like it because, after a "retiring" look in the early years of marriage she is getting back to her own style. And that dress epitomises the very best in Letizia. Her style, her self confidence, her general joie de vie that has been pretty restrained over the last few years but . . .

I think she's back!!​

I love Letizia's outfit. I think it's wonderful to see a Queen wearing pants. Letizia has a slender body and looks very good in pants. I think far more modern Royal women should wear pants, especially for everyday and business wear.

I think dresses and skirts are limiting and the fact women feel compelled to continue to wear them and high heels can be attributed to sexism and discrimination.

I despise the fact that women are held to a different standard than men regarding dress, and that they feel compelled have a far more extensive wardrobe than men and to kit themselves out in accordance with the latest fashion and spend hours and fortunes in the clutches of hairdressers and "beauticians", or to do all this stuff to themselves. The beautician's task it is to make the skin look artificially young and to then to paint it with colours to make the skin look smooth and evenly coloured and make their eyes look seductively larger and sexier and paint their lips to darken them to a colour that connotes sexual arousal. This is all the result of the pressures and expectations placed on women by our still male-dominated society. And I particularly lament the fact that it is other women who most vehemently disparage women if they fail to conform to these standards and dare to march to the beat of a different drummer. Such individuality is threatening and not welcome.

Yes, I am one of those feminists. :lol:

Yay, Letizia and all other Royal women who dare to wear pants.

It's not about pants in general but about pants that don't suit the body type or are ill fitting. I don't mind pants at all, Letizia looks good in wide legged pants with a good cut but not in these slim Varela suit pants.

The peeptoes were gone for some time, I am horrified if they come back now in full force!!!

:previous: Yeah, I agree. She looks great in pants because she has the legs to pull them off. But I wish she had worn some wider, better tailored pants because I think those skinny ones don´t look good with formal jackets like this one. They look better with more casual looks pired with a t-shirt or wide blouse, IMO.

Same goes for peep-toes. I love them and I really don´t understand why there is so much hate towards them :D But I understand why people don´t like them for example in this case. A pair of stilettos would look much better, I think.

Letizia looks lovely and professional. I like the colour combination and she looks good with her hair up. She does seem to favour those shoes! I don't have anything against them, though.

Letizia and Maxima are two different women from two different countries. Max has her style and Leti has hers why should she change it. She needs to be comfortable in her clothes and represent her country in a way that won't cause problems and spending and dressing too over the top would definitely cause her a lot of problems.

Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2014 -

I actually think very wide-leg pants drown her petite frame-they also look old fashioned. I am not a skinny pant person at all but she looks good in a slimmer pant.

Queen Letizia looked lovely at the military parade today in Madrid,that suit is always a good choice.Can't make out her earring but I assume its her ever permanent diamond stars that seem to be super glued on of late :sleeping:

Queen Letizia looked lovely at the military parade today in Madrid,that suit is always a good choice.Can't make out her earring but I assume its her ever permanent diamond stars that seem to be super glued on of late :sleeping:

Image 856 Queen Letizia is wearing her star earrings.
The monarchs seem to be happy, QL smiling and both of them looking at each other with "stars" in their eyes. KJC and QS were so good for Spain. KF and QL are bringing a modern perspective, they are going to be an example of the young Spain. ¡Vivan los Reyes de España!:spainflag:

I agree she looked very smart today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom