Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 15: October 2019 - July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 15 of the thread for Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 14: April 2019 - October 2019 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Queen Letizia at an audience with the Board of Directors of the European and Spanish Academy of Dermatology and Venereology today, October 8, wearing her Massimo Dutti snake print dress again:

** Full view ** Upper part ** February 2019 **

I think I like the shoes from Feb better with the dress. A very "just ok" look today. Not bad, but not outstanding.

Oof, not a fan of this dress at all.

I like this look I though queen Letizia looked very nice today.

A really nice look today asides from the shoes,the plastic strap is horrible.

I agree, she needs to get rid of the shoes, they look so cheap...

Beautiful dress! Agree that the shoes need to go.

I don't like the design of this dress and Letizia hairstyle looks a little messy which is a pity on National Day.

The dress is quite pretty but it is totally wrong choice to this National Day event.

What should she have worn?

Hats are not commonly worn by Spanish ladies ( I guess it is not part of their culture ?), but they would look nice on a national day parade (cf. on the Belgian national day).

This dress is quite awful in my honest opinion. It's sort of retro and girlish, but in a bad way.

I quite like today’s look. Watched her on tv, and after long I’ve liked her look

i like the midi skirt length, but the design is way too feminine for my liking and for letizia's personality. the baby pink colour, the embroidery, the transparencies... it is a bit much all together. the hair up in a bun also gave it a really severe appearance. not a fan of this.

I don't like the pink ND dress. I personally don't think these overly girly styles suit Letizia's personality. She looks better in more tailored styles. I also think the color is an odd choice for October. Baby pink just doesn't strike me as an autumn color. She needs to trash the cheap looking plastic shoes.

It's a pretty dress, but seems wrong for something as important as National Day. It doesn't stand up well next to Felipe's uniform. I also don't like Letizia's hair, which looks bundled up at the last minute.

I'd like to see this dress again, for a garden party, or a spring time event.

I don't like the pink ND dress. I personally don't think these overly girly styles suit Letizia's personality. She looks better in more tailored styles. I also think the color is an odd choice for October. Baby pink just doesn't strike me as an autumn color. She needs to trash the cheap looking plastic shoes.

Probably a stretch, but could the color choice be associated with breast cancer awareness month ?

I don't like the design of this dress and Letizia hairstyle looks a little messy which is a pity on National Day.

Not to mention the shoes with the plastic strap again:flowers:

The dress might be nice on someone else, but it doesnt suit her. Its way too feminine and girly. It doesnt fit Letizia's usual style.

I don't mind pink in October. I guess maybe because I have never been a stickler for fall colors. And it is the breast cancer color.

I cant even imagine Letizia in a hat. And it's not expected of the Spanish royal women, not just her. But she needed a better hair style.

The dress might be nice on someone else, but it doesnt suit her. Its way too feminine and girly. It doesnt fit Letizia's usual style.

I don't mind pink in October. I guess maybe because I have never been a stickler for fall colors. And it is the breast cancer color.

I cant even imagine Letizia in a hat. And it's not expected of the Spanish royal women, not just her. But she needed a better hair style.

Sha has worn hats. The latest was with Queen Maxima at Windsor: https://i0.gmx.at/image/206/33794206,pd=1/royals.jpg

Last edited:
As has Queen Sofía, but only overseas. They don't normally wear hats inside Spain, not even for state visit welcome ceremonies.

In the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, etc. , hats would be standard for a daytime military event like that.

That is true. The strange thing is that weddings are often hats affairs. Why is it okay to wear hats at weddings and not for a solemn act?

A Spanish wedding: http://www.lamesaonce.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/INVITADOS-PORTADA-750x410.jpg

Because traditionally a wedding is taken place at a Catholic Church. Spanish women wear mantillas, hats or the traditional mantilla with a comb. As a sign or reverence and respect.

Last edited:
Queen Letizia looks spectacular with that beautiful rose dress. I think the Steve Madden shoes must be very confortable. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom