Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan, Fashion & Style: October 2011 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let the Queen have her Birkin Bag, her jewls and beautiful dresses. She is representing her country and I am sure her people are proud of her. So far I haven't seen/heard any coments on how Bhutan's royalty have been spending outrageously on luxuries. At least the present King has just one wife, so the expenses have decreased 2/3 since his father abdicated! ;-)

HM the Queen Ashi Jetsun at 20th anniversary dinner of UK Bhutan Society at the Inner Temple, London. - November 25th, 2011

Sorry for the pictures so tiny, folks!:sad:
Full view
Upper view

Isopix gallery

As somebody described her on Begian tv "the most beautiful Queen in the world".
Because of her Bhutan is no longer only the name of a State for me !

If royals genuinely are routinely accepting gifts of extremely expensive fashion then that is a complete disgrace and they should be raked over hot coals for it.

We have no problem in criticising the King of Swaziland who spends money on luxuries when his subjects live in poverty, I fail to see why we would not do the same with the King of Bhutan simply because his wife is stylish and pretty.

Swaziland's GDP per capita is actually HIGHER than Bhutan's! The idea that some 'happiness survey' legitimises their actions really smacks of the 'let them eat cake' philosophy.

I agree with you in many ways about this issue, but it is a reality I think that under some circumstances free gifts are given to and used by royalty. I am not sure we know where Queen Jetsum's bag came from - whether it was given to her, bought for her by family or friends or she bought it herself. I would like to think positively about it (I am naive and hope for the best at all times) and imagine that she is not going to turn into an international fashion icon through the use of expensive designer labels. I think time will show that she will not.

I think that it is quite probable that there is a very big difference in the moral characters between the King of Swaziland and the King of Bhutan. I can only say that at least the people of Bhutan have been given the chance of a happiness survey!

indeed!!!they are a handsome couple.
I like the red bag.

Her bag is so bright it really adds some good color to her outfit.

Lovely, animated couple. I really like that handbag and agree that it gives a shot of color to her beautiful coat.

HM Queen Ashi Jetsun during Dochula Druk Wangyal Festival - December 13, 2011

**Full view **

I know I repeat myself but thanks for these beautiful pix !

She is totally fabulous-love love love the hair worn behind the ear setting off the earrings!:flowers:

The Queen is a gorgeous young woman and her Western styles are very nice. I do love to see her in the country's traditional dress, such great shoes! Love the shoes.

Is that a pashmina wrapped around like a blouse? That's really lovely and so is the Queen. Thank you for the photo, Kasumi.

HM the Druk Gyaltsuen Jetsun Pema Wangchuk's western style during last year visit to Kyoto, Japan - November 2011.

**Pic**

What an incredibly lovely photo of the couple in their Western attire. But I think Jetsun's beauty really shines through in her traditional embroidered robes. Thank you for all these photos, Kasumi.

Last edited:
Wow she is really beautiful. In my opinion the most beautiful queen and he the most handsome king at the moment. I love the way she dresses herself. If not the most beautiful royal at the moment. I love her fashion sense ( both traditional and western), really fitting for a queen and rather modest.

HM Queen Jestun Pema and her husband The King in India, late October, dressed with a modern green dress and white lace.

**Full view**

HM Queen Jestun Pema in a lovely pink traditional clothes for her husband 32nd birth anniversary - 21st February

**Full view**

HM Queen Jestun Pema in a official royal event wearing traditional dark blue & yellow top and skirt with shades of blue and purple - 9th March

**Full view** **Close up**

HM Queen Jestun Pema with grey traditional clothes and HM King Jigme Khesar in an audience - 16th March

**Full view** **Full view 2**

HM Queen Jestun Pema in India wearing a beautiful pearl/beige traditional clothes - 31st March

**Full view**

One of the best-looking royal couples out there. :)
The young Queen emits beauty and elegance; she looks quite stunning whatever attire she's wearing, whether traditional or western.

I like it but I wish she could have worn heels with straps.

ITA with the earlier poster who says she looks equally fantastic in Western as well as Bhutanese clothing-she is absolutely exquisite!:flowers:

Traditional or "ordinary" they always look nice and so in love !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom