Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan, Fashion & Style: October 2011 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another rising royal on the horizon. Jetsun seems so suitable for her role and Jigme certainly did himself and his state proud upon his marriage. The center robe is absolutely stunning.

The Queen Ashi Jetsun during Japan-Bhutanese friendship society's reception in Tokyo - November 17th, 2011.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2**

Last edited:
The Queen Ashi Jetsun's outfit during visit to Fukushima pref - November 18th, 2011.

Full view

A review of HM the Queen's national dresses during state visit to Japan

The Queen Ashi Jetsun dressed in traditional Japanese kimono for a banquet hosted by the city of Kyoto - November 19th, 2011.

Full view

Another rising royal on the horizon. Jetsun seems so suitable for her role and Jigme certainly did himself and his state proud upon his marriage...
I like the way HM the Queen Jetsun Pema carries herself - beautiful but not attention grabbing, smiling but not simpering, and always walking behind her husband instead of acting as 'celebrity'.
Her makeup is clean and fresh as well, not overdone. Overall, a very attractive, smart and proper woman. Real 'queen material'.
I like her! :flowers:

Queen Ashi Jetsun's casual (Western) style - shopping at Ginza (Tokyo), November 17th, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, i LOVE that kimono. it suits her a lot^^
what a nice Queen we've got

she looks cute in the Japanese kimono:)
she looks stunning in almost all outfits.

Such an enchanting queen whose subtle grace and beauty are reflected in the superb clothes she has worn.

That is a nice array of robes we've seen the Queen wear up to now. Really marvelous.

HM the Queen Jetsun Pema leaving Kansai international airport on November 20th, 2011.

Full view

Whatever that bag is, I want, I want!!! I love that butter yellow color.:wub:

Don't they both look elegant in their Western attire. Love the Queen's black and beige outfit, simple but classic.

Love the Western outfit. The black and gray combo is classic.

What a girl. She is absolutely stunning and her choice of clothes are really nice aswell. We've got another star here, hopefully.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Is she wearing a Hermès Birkin bag? Très jolie!

Yes,this is a Birkin bag,a cult object among fashionistas,but also a very expensive one...I like the colour she is wearing,she has a good sense of style and looks beautiful in almost everything :flowers:
However I must say that I prefer her colourful Bhutan outfits,it is very refreshing to see something so completely different,delicate and creative.

Queen Jetsun has definitely got a sense of elegance in her fashion, and I see some similarities with Queen Rania of Jordan in her Western styles, not overly flashy but sophisticated for her position :)

Am I the only one who's uncomfortable with the fact that this lady is carrying around a handbag worth at least $10k (in the case of the Birkin bag) when the GDP per person in the country she represents is less than $2k?

Am I the only one who's uncomfortable with the fact that this lady is carrying around a handbag worth at least $10k (in the case of the Birkin bag) when the GDP per person in the country she represents is less than $2k?
Isn't Her Majesty allowed to receive wedding presents from the Indian friends? My goodness...:whistling:

Yes I imagine so. Given that the king's lifework is for the benefit and happiness of his people, I doubt if the bag made him uncomfortable he would have allowed the queen to use it. Bhutan is not a rich country yet it is one of the happiest nations on earth, which I think says it all.

I was thinking the same,but I didn´t want to come off as negative by pointing it out...politicians and royals are always better off than the average citizens of their country so I guess we got used to this kind of of discrepancy. If she is using the bag more than just once I guess we can say it´s an investment into an elegant wardrobe,she can use it for many years because it is a timeless style and good quality. Maybe she got it as a present,I´m sure she received a lot of beautiful things for her wedding.

jetsun is absolutely charming. it's nice to see her so often. her mix of traditional clothing and western style clothing is also a nice mix.
it's a shame thought that the visit to UK hasn't been that commented on...

I like her Birkin bag. I'm not uncomfortable seeing her with one. It's not as if she's been carrying a different color for every visit/event they've had.

Should a movie about her be made, I suggest the magnificent and luminous Gong Li to play her.

The story of the Queen and the King would make a great movie & it would be a good opportunity to show the beautiful landscape of Bhutan to a larger audience :)

It's not like she bought the Birkin by their money. She might even got send one. Hèrmes sends bags to the people who are really famous or important and are able to promote the brand by just carrying it. It's not that strange she's wearing one.

Also, I hope you guys don't honestly think Kate pays for her High Fashion outfits, even if she claims otherwise. Wouldn't surprise me most royals don't ever have to pay it, let alone full price.

If royals genuinely are routinely accepting gifts of extremely expensive fashion then that is a complete disgrace and they should be raked over hot coals for it.

We have no problem in criticising the King of Swaziland who spends money on luxuries when his subjects live in poverty, I fail to see why we would not do the same with the King of Bhutan simply because his wife is stylish and pretty.

Swaziland's GDP per capita is actually HIGHER than Bhutan's! The idea that some 'happiness survey' legitimises their actions really smacks of the 'let them eat cake' philosophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom