Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan, Fashion & Style: October 2011 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An effortlessly beautiful young woman, and I like the affection shared between the couple. Thank you all for the photos and links and glad to see a thread devoted to the Queen of Bhutan.

I'm a fan of Jetsun and her style, she's indeed gorgeous. In fact I find the way she mixes traditional clothes with modern clothes quite inspiring. Of course she could also wear a potato sack and look gorgeous, but so far her fashion choices have also been very nice! :flowers: I hope we'll see her regularly from now on, I'm looking forward to see more of her!

Me too,I adore Jetsun Pema and her style!She has such an aura of grace and purity and she could wear almost every type of fashion but I am happy that she is promoting her countries traditional,colourful clothes.It is great to learn about different cultures and it´s refreshing to see something different and new-because conformity is really boring...
I hope she will be happy in her new role as a Queen and have a good,long-lasting marriage:)

I do so very much agree with you concerning the style; and also the outlandish jewels make a big impression on me.

It's funny(not in a joking haha way) that queen jestun is known as the Asian Kate Middleton, and she is a young Queen so she pulls off fashions well;)

:previous:
Some Western journalists refer Her Majesty as 'Asian Queen Rania'.
They are definitely wrong about it.
The Queen has her own elegant and impeccable style.:flowers:

HM Ashi Jetsun at Udaipur, October 30th, 2011.
Casual style
Evening gown

Last edited:
Ah, yes, the inevitable comparisons; I guess we'll be seeing the battle of the royal ladies in the press, if the tabloids have anything to say about it. What next: side-by-side photo comparisons of "Who Wore It Better" a la Hollywood style? ;)

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for those links, especially that side-by-side photo; I wasn't even aware of that when I made my post. That's how predictable the press is!:bang:

Last edited:
It occured that an Indian designer Ritu Kumar created...
...six garments for the newly-wed Queen Jetsun Pema.
“Three outfits were designed with brocade from Benaras and one was a pure white outfit with cutwork,” says Kumar, describing some of the pieces she created for the royal wedding. “Since the Bhutanese are very traditional people, it was interesting to design something that was representative of their culture, while using different unusual fabrics.
She (Queen Pema) is an extremely beautiful and stylish woman.”
Hindustan Times article

Loved to see the Queen wear traditional garb; not only indicates national pride in her culture but enhances her beauty as well.

Last edited:
I love the lace bolero.
I'd love to have one like that.

That's a lovely lightweight bolero, so suitable for the warmer climates. It looks really nice with the long dress.

Queen jetsun looks so pretty the yellow mustardy outfit plus the white lacy piece

The combination of the color and the lacy bolero is absolutely wonderful-very fresh and appealing. She looks like a dream!:flowers:

i LOVE her hair!!!

also, i wonder which gala dress she will wear at the state banquet. cant wait^^

Very nice I like pink-dark blue combination. I'm wondering what we will see at the banquet - traditional dress like this or something more modern.

Those wide pink sleeves against the midnight blue robe are outstanding. The simplicity of her hair and jewels against the intricate pattern is a wise choice; she really needs no other embellishment. I can't wait to see photos from the banquet.

Thank you, Kasumi, for posting all these wonderful pictures of the Queen.

Last edited:
Everything about her is just beautiful the white outfit in India was so lovely...

My pleasure, rominet09!:flowers:

HM the Queen Ashi Jetsun during the welcoming cermony at the Imperial palace on November 16th, 2011.
Full view
Upper view

Very beautiful fabrics on Jetsun's robe and, of course, she's looking amazingly beautiful. Her earrings look gorgeous; I hope there will be a jewelry thread soon for the Queen's collection.

She's amazing. Has nice body, gorgeous shiny hair, perfect skin and lovely smile. And she looks great in yellow (her husband too).

Here you are, Baroness. :flowers:

The Queen Ashi Jetsun arriving at the state banquet on November 16th, 2011. No tiaras for the ladies this time.

Full view

Thank you for the redirect, Kasumi, and that's where I'm heading now! :flowers: I also agree with agami.pearl's assessment, and they both make a striking couple.

Last edited:
The Royal couple arriving to take part at the ceremony at the Keio University - November 17th, 2011.

Full view
Upper view

Last edited:
Queen Jetsun Pema and King Jigme of Bhutan visit Japan - hellomagazine.com
New style icon of the Orient Queen Jetsun Pema makes Bhutan proud on Japan visit.
Her natural beauty and elegance and her colourful traditional outfits have helped Bhutan's Queen become the new fashion icon of the Orient.
And the 21-year-old royal, who has become an ambassador for the ethnic style of her tiny Himalayan state, did her people proud on an official visit to Japan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom