Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan, Fashion & Style: October 2011 - October 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I can't see it. What a pity.

EDIT:
I found a streaming link online, I'm going to watch now.

EDIT 2:
I just watched the documentary, it was very cool. But I was fascinated with the Bhutan segment. They showed lovely traditional designs. I loved Jetsun Pema voice, so deep, and she was very lovely and welcoming to Louboutin. And it showed that despite wearing traditional clothes, she was wearing western shoes when she greeted Louboutin...and oh, I didn't know he came to my country Portugal, I was so excited!!!

Last edited:
9 September 2015: Her Majesty dressed in blue granted an audience to the outgoing Ambassador of Thailand to Bhutan Ms. Madurapochana Ittarong

**Full view** **Upper part**

Jetsun Pema always looks so polished and sophisticated, and her latest look isn't an exception. The colour of the top is gorgeous.

The world's most beautiful queen, no contest imo. She really is exquisite. I wish we saw more of her!

She is unbelievably beautiful and that blue color is so flattering to her! (But she could wear a feed sack and still be stunning!:flowers::))

6th October 2015: His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen in purple with the Chief Minister of West Bengal.
**Full view**

11th October 2015: His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen in pink graced the 2-day Haa IMTRAT Mela, as it also commemorates the 60th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo this year.
**Side view**

(..)

20 October 2015: Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen in blue with the people at the Chhukha Tshechu.
**Full view** **Close-up**

Last edited by a moderator:
21st November 2015 - Our lovely pregnant Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen with her husband The King, graced the consecration ceremony of Yangthang Gonpa, which was rebuilt upon the Royal Command of His Majesty The King, after it was damaged due to the 2011 earthquake.

**Full view** **Picture 01**

This will more than likely be one of the most beautiful royal babies ever! She is angelic!:flowers:

25th November 2015 - Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen graced the consecration ceremony and inaugurated the Democracy House:
**Close-up** **Picture 02**

27th November 2015 - Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen graced the Salhang Tendril ceremony for the construction of the new 150 bedded Gyaltsuen Jetsun Pema Mother and Child Hospital:
**Full view** **Side view** **Picture 01** **Picture 02**

1st December 2015
- December calendar (PLEASE CHECK THIS = Lovely Jetsun Pema! :D)
**Full view**

As if they have come from the pages of a fairytale. Beautiful!!.

The Queen wears the traditional clothes of Bhutan like everyone else there - at appropriate occasions she will wear more Western-style clothes. It works the other way round for everyone - you have your normal clothes and when appropriate will dress otherwise.
Well stated Jack. National dress and language is not optional in Bhutan, it's mandatory, so we are really only going to see their Dragon Queen wearing Christian Louboutins and wearing pricey clothes in the privacy of her own home and overseas on private occasions.

All state occasions are performed in National Dress both at home and abroad so, for all of us drooling over the gloriously rich colours and textures, and even the textiles themselves, can look forward to a long love affair with all of it.

:previous:One thing that impress me is that they keep their dress, language and traditions alive in their home country and don't become westernized like the rest of the world. I think that more countries need and should keep their own heritage alive and well. It makes for a more interesting society on the whole. Here in reading this form for years I have learned a great deal about the different holiday traditions in foreign countries which makes me want to learn more about that country. She is one extremely beautiful woman, just gorgeous and I wish her and her husband well and for them to have a very healthy baby.

She is just so stunning they are a handsome looking couple

:previous: That's a beautiful photo of Jetsun Pema and I love the vibrant colours of her traditional dress. Her bump is starting to become more visible now - I'm excited for the arrival of her baby.

I am absolutely in LOVE with the fabrics of Bhutan. I find myself almost drooling over the keyboard. Beautiful clothing for a beautiful queen.

:previous:One thing that impress me is that they keep their dress, language and traditions alive in their home country and don't become westernized like the rest of the world. I think that more countries need and should keep their own heritage alive and well. It makes for a more interesting society on the whole. Here in reading this form for years I have learned a great deal about the different holiday traditions in foreign countries which makes me want to learn more about that country. She is one extremely beautiful woman, just gorgeous and I wish her and her husband well and for them to have a very healthy baby.

It is actually the law in Bhutan that the citizens must wear the traditional national dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
17th December 2015 - 108th National Day celebrations in Paro:

**Picture**

Thank you for the picture, she is just beyond beautiful, such a gorgeous lady. And the colors of clothing of all the ladies, is amazing. Can anyone tell me where a person can buy their fabric, the colors, the design, the pattern, I would love to get my hands on some of that fabric, it would make a beautiful dress. Gorgeous colors, just gorgeous.:)

SnowBirds: I googled "fabric from Bhutan" and saw pictures and several articles about these fabrics, about the country and about The King and Queen. I think you would find it all interesting. I definitely got sidetracked. Fascinating country.

As per usual, Jetsun Pema looks beautiful and I love the colours of her traditional dress.

SnowBirds: I googled "fabric from Bhutan" and saw pictures and several articles about these fabrics, about the country and about The King and Queen. I think you would find it all interesting. I definitely got sidetracked. Fascinating country.

Thank you for this - I'll be sure to do some research as well. Bhutan seems to be a fascinating place.

20th January 2016 - Their Majesties, with a wonderful snow-covered Tashichhodzong in the background:
**Upper part**

9th February 2016 - Celebrating the 2016 Losar:
**Full view** **Full view 02**

20th February 2016 - His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen with His Royal Highness The Gyalsey, at the Lingkana Palace:
**Full view** **Close-up****Her Majesty and her son**

4th March 2016 - Audience with Kezang Dorji. At the same day, Her Majesty The Royal Grandmother meet the little prince:
**Upper part** **Upper part 02** **Full view**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom