Old 11-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Is she wearing a Hermès Birkin bag? Très jolie!
Yes that is a Birkin Hermes bag.

Its nice to see her in western clothing for a change but she does look much nicer in the traditional wear, the colors and prints are something she pulls off very well.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Am I the only one who's uncomfortable with the fact that this lady is carrying around a handbag worth at least $10k (in the case of the Birkin bag) when the GDP per person in the country she represents is less than $2k?
Isn't Her Majesty allowed to receive wedding presents from the Indian friends? My goodness...

Old 11-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Am I the only one who's uncomfortable with the fact that this lady is carrying around a handbag worth at least $10k (in the case of the Birkin bag) when the GDP per person in the country she represents is less than $2k?
Yes I imagine so. Given that the king's lifework is for the benefit and happiness of his people, I doubt if the bag made him uncomfortable he would have allowed the queen to use it. Bhutan is not a rich country yet it is one of the happiest nations on earth, which I think says it all.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I was thinking the same,but I didn´t want to come off as negative by pointing it out...politicians and royals are always better off than the average citizens of their country so I guess we got used to this kind of of discrepancy. If she is using the bag more than just once I guess we can say it´s an investment into an elegant wardrobe,she can use it for many years because it is a timeless style and good quality. Maybe she got it as a present,I´m sure she received a lot of beautiful things for her wedding.
. Helen Keller
Old 11-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent

jetsun is absolutely charming. it's nice to see her so often. her mix of traditional clothing and western style clothing is also a nice mix.
it's a shame thought that the visit to UK hasn't been that commented on...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like her Birkin bag. I'm not uncomfortable seeing her with one. It's not as if she's been carrying a different color for every visit/event they've had.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Aristocracy

Should a movie about her be made, I suggest the magnificent and luminous Gong Li to play her.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:01 AM
Royal Highness

The story of the Queen and the King would make a great movie & it would be a good opportunity to show the beautiful landscape of Bhutan to a larger audience :-)
. Helen Keller
Old 11-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

It's not like she bought the Birkin by their money. She might even got send one. Hèrmes sends bags to the people who are really famous or important and are able to promote the brand by just carrying it. It's not that strange she's wearing one.

Also, I hope you guys don't honestly think Kate pays for her High Fashion outfits, even if she claims otherwise. Wouldn't surprise me most royals don't ever have to pay it, let alone full price.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

If royals genuinely are routinely accepting gifts of extremely expensive fashion then that is a complete disgrace and they should be raked over hot coals for it.

We have no problem in criticising the King of Swaziland who spends money on luxuries when his subjects live in poverty, I fail to see why we would not do the same with the King of Bhutan simply because his wife is stylish and pretty.

Swaziland's GDP per capita is actually HIGHER than Bhutan's! The idea that some 'happiness survey' legitimises their actions really smacks of the 'let them eat cake' philosophy.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Let the Queen have her Birkin Bag, her jewls and beautiful dresses. She is representing her country and I am sure her people are proud of her. So far I haven't seen/heard any coments on how Bhutan's royalty have been spending outrageously on luxuries. At least the present King has just one wife, so the expenses have decreased 2/3 since his father abdicated! ;-)
Old 11-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Is she wearing a Hermès Birkin bag? Très jolie!
Veyr beutiful Birkin Bag thanks you for post
Old 11-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very pretty girl and bag....
Old 11-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Courtier

She is stunning ! I lover her style!
Old 11-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

HM the Queen Ashi Jetsun at 20th anniversary dinner of UK Bhutan Society at the Inner Temple, London. - November 25th, 2011

Sorry for the pictures so tiny, folks!
Full view
Upper view

Isopix gallery
Old 11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

As somebody described her on Begian tv "the most beautiful Queen in the world".
Because of her Bhutan is no longer only the name of a State for me !
Old 11-29-2011, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If royals genuinely are routinely accepting gifts of extremely expensive fashion then that is a complete disgrace and they should be raked over hot coals for it.

We have no problem in criticising the King of Swaziland who spends money on luxuries when his subjects live in poverty, I fail to see why we would not do the same with the King of Bhutan simply because his wife is stylish and pretty.

Swaziland's GDP per capita is actually HIGHER than Bhutan's! The idea that some 'happiness survey' legitimises their actions really smacks of the 'let them eat cake' philosophy.
I agree with you in many ways about this issue, but it is a reality I think that under some circumstances free gifts are given to and used by royalty. I am not sure we know where Queen Jetsum's bag came from - whether it was given to her, bought for her by family or friends or she bought it herself. I would like to think positively about it (I am naive and hope for the best at all times) and imagine that she is not going to turn into an international fashion icon through the use of expensive designer labels. I think time will show that she will not.

I think that it is quite probable that there is a very big difference in the moral characters between the King of Swaziland and the King of Bhutan. I can only say that at least the people of Bhutan have been given the chance of a happiness survey!
Old 12-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

HM the Queen Ashi Jetsun at Magdalen College, Oxford university - November 26th, 2011.

Western outfit full view
Old 12-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
HM the Queen Ashi Jetsun at Magdalen College, Oxford university - November 26th, 2011.

Western outfit full view
Bigger picture: http://www.magd.ox.ac.uk/__data/asse...-of-Bhutan.jpg
Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
What a wonderful pic, they are both so handsome !