The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2015, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbies View Post
I said exactly the opposite, I believe that Queen Jetsun shall be free to wear whetever she chooses and I do not agree with comments read in this discussion suggesting that she shall mostly wear traditional clothing and going against her choice of luxury bags. Hence my reference to unfair treatment of her. Fast reader?
What makes you think she is not free? You are making statements that should perhaps be questions. Big difference.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

The Queen wears the traditional clothes of Bhutan like everyone else there - at appropriate occasions she will wear more Western-style clothes. It works the other way round for everyone - you have your normal clothes and when appropriate will dress otherwise.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

If you are referring to an earlier post please copy the post into your comment. No-one is going to read ten pages of discussion, especially as it goes back to 2011. Would you walk up to someone and give an answer or opinion on something that was said years ago and expect people to know what you are talking about?
Old 08-12-2015, 06:15 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
If you are referring to an earlier post please copy the post into your comment. No-one is going to read ten pages of discussion, especially as it goes back to 2011. Would you walk up to someone and give an answer or opinion on something that was said years ago and expect people to know what you are talking about?

Okay, I understand. I have started reading this discussion from the beginning.
Several posters, on the basis that Bhutan is a poor country, criticised the Queen for having an Hermes bag and a Chanel bag and suggested that she shall stick to traditional Bhutan wear.
I do not agree with this and I believe that she is entitled to wear whatever she likes and finds appropriate. She looks great with everything.
It takes more than a couple of pricey bags to reach the Imelda Marcos status.
I saw such judgments as unfair as members of Western monarchies wear expensive stuff all the time and have poverty in their respective countries and I have not read suggestions that they should stick to traditional costumes.
I made the example of Princesses Eugenie and Beatrice of York, who stick to costly fashion since they are teenagers while there is poverty in UK too.
I am not quoting any specific post as the posts I am referring to are way too many and I do not wish to personalise or single out anyone.
I hope it's clearer now
Old 08-12-2015, 07:47 AM
Administrator

To avoid further confusions it's probably the best we simply move on!

A couple of posts about the discussion itself have been removed.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

After reading this thread I have become quite interested in Queen Jetsun Pema. She's very pretty and I love her in the Bhutanese traditional dress with it's bright colours. I think she looks best when she wears the traditional dress in blue and turquoise.

Queen Jetsun Pema featured on a documentary about Christian Louboutin on British TV last night. I'm not sure how long ago this was but she was looking at his shoes and she invited Louboutin to the Royal Palace in Bhutan.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswife View Post
I swear, she must be some alien from a planet of phenomenally beautiful ladies because I don't think I have ever seen her looking anything less than stunning.
i have to agree...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-14-2015, 03:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

She is very and very pretty. I love her style and she is sporting more hairstyles lately. It's a pity we don't get to see her at her western royals counterparts galas/weddings.
(...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Queen Jetsun Pema featured on a documentary about Christian Louboutin on British TV last night. I'm not sure how long ago this was but she was looking at his shoes and she invited Louboutin to the Royal Palace in Bhutan.
Really??? I want to see that TV documentary. I wonder if it's up online.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Really??? I want to see that TV documentary. I wonder if it's up online.
Yep, it was on Channel 4. You should be able to watch it here, hopefully the link will work outside of Britain. I'm not sure if it's on YouTube yet since it's very new (though the documentary is called "Louboutin: the world's most luxurious shoes" so if you Google it you may be lucky! ).

Old 08-14-2015, 01:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
i'm also surprised by this - who would have guessed? i guess she needs 'occidental style shoes' for her visits abroad. i doubt she uses them at home.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yep, it was on Channel 4. You should be able to watch it here, hopefully the link will work outside of Britain. I'm not sure if it's on YouTube yet since it's very new (though the documentary is called "Louboutin: the world's most luxurious shoes" so if you Google it you may be lucky! ).
Unfortunately, you have to register to watch the programme and it asks for a postcode, from which it detects the right address and I don't know whether it will accept overseas postcode/zip codes.
It may go on to Youtube once the on-line programme has expired.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Jetsun has a western style wardrobe as well as her Eastern style wardrobe.
Old 08-14-2015, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately I can't see it. What a pity.

EDIT:
I found a streaming link online, I'm going to watch now.

EDIT 2:
I just watched the documentary, it was very cool. But I was fascinated with the Bhutan segment. They showed lovely traditional designs. I loved Jetsun Pema voice, so deep, and she was very lovely and welcoming to Louboutin. And it showed that despite wearing traditional clothes, she was wearing western shoes when she greeted Louboutin...and oh, I didn't know he came to my country Portugal, I was so excited!!!
Old 09-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

9 September 2015: Her Majesty dressed in blue granted an audience to the outgoing Ambassador of Thailand to Bhutan Ms. Madurapochana Ittarong

**Full view** **Upper part**
Old 09-27-2015, 12:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
9 September 2015: Her Majesty dressed in blue granted an audience to the outgoing Ambassador of Thailand to Bhutan Ms. Madurapochana Ittarong

**Full view** **Upper part**
She looks incredibly regal. The top is so beautiful.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jetsun Pema always looks so polished and sophisticated, and her latest look isn't an exception. The colour of the top is gorgeous.

Old 09-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Majesty

The world's most beautiful queen, no contest imo. She really is exquisite. I wish we saw more of her!

Charlottesville,Virginia. USA. 08/12/2017
. SHAME.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Courtier

She is unbelievably beautiful and that blue color is so flattering to her! (But she could wear a feed sack and still be stunning!)
Old 10-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

6th October 2015: His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen in purple with the Chief Minister of West Bengal.
**Full view**

11th October 2015: His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen in pink graced the 2-day Haa IMTRAT Mela, as it also commemorates the 60th Birth Anniversary of His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyalpo this year.
**Side view**
Old 11-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

(..)

20 October 2015: Her Majesty The Gyaltsuen in blue with the people at the Chhukha Tshechu.
**Full view** **Close-up**