Late Queen Fabiola's Fashion and Style

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hans

Gentry
Did someone notice that the gala-dress that she wore during the current Dutch state visit was exactly the same as she wore in the early sixties when her then sister-in-law Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg visited Belgium.

More than 40 years old.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

41034_71249691.jpg

I would love to see a picture of the other time she wore it, so many years ago. Thanks!

That's mean timeless clothes, gowns etc.:)

I wonder how would looks gala-gowns of the Queen Elizabeth II-not necessary wore by herself:D

Why Queen Fabiola didn't use sashe? :confused:

...JuAnItA... said:
Why Queen Fabiola didn't use sashe? :confused:

That's an enigma for many years ant of the many forums. I don't know if anyone know the reason why the Queen doesn't use sashes. Maybe if we could ask Fabiola we would have the answer...

Last edited:
Hans said:
Did someone notice that the gala-dress that she wore during the current Dutch state visit was exactly the same as she wore in the early sixties when her then sister-in-law Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxembourg visited Belgium.

More than 40 years old.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Would be interesting if u post a pic of that dress from 40years ago.
Actually,I believe that some styles are timeless,like the classic or the simple,and the fashion changes,but we always back to past trends,the most interesting in the story is that the dress was kept safe and didn't get damaged after all that time.

Forty years old or not...I think the fabric is beautiful and the design is timeless. She looks lovely in it.

She looks elegant specially in the first pic:flowers:

I think she's a fantastic lady and dresser even at 80 years old!

A we see in these last photos,she usually wears the classical nice Chanel bag:flowers:

Altough Queen Paola wear sashes ,Queen Fabiola never wore sashes and refused the decoration , why ?
The only decoration I saw on her was for the visit to the Pope where they annouced the Queen's first pregnancy. (Queen Fabiola was dressed in white).
Clothes and fashion style, meant nothing to Queen Fabiola , altough her masterpeace was her hat at Crown Prince Philippe's wedding..
Suffering from osteoporose since years I am afraid we will see more and more Queen Fabiola in a wheal-chair .

Fabiola's fur trimmed wedding gown was by far the most masterful couture I have seen. The wedding gown was by none other than Balenciaga himself.

She looks incredible thin, but still stunning. :flowers:

Queen Fabiola looks "fabiolous". :D This electric blue is gorg. on her and makes her stand out!

I agree with both you, Opal and Maria-Olivia; although frail in her health, her colour choices - this electric blue outfit in particular, as well as some violet outfits she wore in the last months - show the great energy and strenght of this really "fabiolous" woman.

She even has electric blue shoes to match. :) It's good to see her still active.

Bless her heart for still being able to get out and about. She looks fantastic!

Oh, I do love sassy Queen Fabiola! All she needs is a green apple in hand (wink)!

She still manages to look wonderful. I like her sparkled jacket as well.

Again a total blue look! But I agree with Principessa, it suits her very good.

Back
Top Bottom