Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 8: December 2018 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The camel coloured coat and hat looked wonderful on the queen and it was brightened up with the lovely brooch.

The coat looks snug and I love the camel colour.

Snug and cozily warm is what popped into my head first too. From the little I saw, it looks like the Queen may also be carrying with her a similar color muff. One thing I've always loved and always wish I had one of is a muff. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the rare time where we see how badly blended her makeup is along her chin line. Her facial skin tone is shades darker than her neck skin tone.

It makes me wonder if she wears the same shade she has been wearing for decades as is true of her glasses, hairstyle, nail color and lipstick?

Queen Elizabeth lovely in a nice shade of blue at her annual visit to the Women's Institute meeting at West Newton today, January 24:

** Full view **

That is a gorgeous shade of blue on the Queen!

I love that pastel peachy apricot on her.

A lovely peach colour for HM. Brightens up the dreary winter weather we've been having here in the UK lately! She was sunnier than the sun itself :D

Nice splash of yellow on a gloomy wet Winters day and another standout hat!

Oooh - no matching umbrella! And a khaki rain poncho instead. This is so very unlike The Queen!

Did the matching umbrella not make the trip? And is Meghan to blame for that? :lol:

Or was it cool enough that HM wanted that extra layer? Or perhaps that poncho was a gift she wanted to acknowledge? Or a last minute imperfection needed to be concealed?

Let the intense speculation commence! ???

:previous:The umbrella had a black edge, so it matched the trim on her hat and her gloves.;)

Yes the black trimmed umbrella matching her trim on her dress fits her normal 'matching head to toe' look.

Nice pop of yellow in the gloom.

I like both the peach and the yellow colours on her.

I also like the fact that I rarely see QEII without a well applied and flattering shade of lipstick! She’s still got a very pretty complexion and the lip colours set it off nicely.

Oooh - no matching umbrella! And a khaki rain poncho instead. This is so very unlike The Queen!

Did the matching umbrella not make the trip? And is Meghan to blame for that? :lol:

Or was it cool enough that HM wanted that extra layer? Or perhaps that poncho was a gift she wanted to acknowledge? Or a last minute imperfection needed to be concealed?

Let the intense speculation commence! ???

I agree. What a ridiculous color to wear in such weather. So, spring like in February. If Meghan wore this they'd be howling at the gaffe. The poor woman look miserable and the outfit accentuates it.

It looks lovely on her but I don't like the fabric as a coat because it's virtually the same as one of my rugs!

What a lovely coat on queen Elizabeth today,don't think I've seen that one before.

I don't care for the grey coat that HM wore for the trip back to London and I don't often say that about her things. I don't like the horizontal stripe and I hate the patch pockets that go the other direction. If ever there was a fabric that called for an inseam pocket, this is it.

This isn't one of my favourites on HM but she manages to look fantastic nevertheless!

What a lovely coat on queen Elizabeth today,don't think I've seen that one before.

Yes - new, I think. And easily the worst fit across the hip that I have ever seen on her.

I like this a lot - the texture and the buttons are wonderful and it looks so soft.

Love the colour, love the fabric, loathe the truly awful cut and style. This coat does absolutely nothing for QE but rather it highlights the ghastly lack of fit. I think this is a first for me, I have seen coats in colours I didn't like or even styles I thought unflattering but this coat is the worst thing I have ever seen HM wear in public and that includes waterproofs and gumboots at horse shows.

Looks like Horace Rumpole’s dressing gown.

I think this is a terrible coat. It doesn't look as though it fits correctly, and the fabric is heavy and unflattering. I hope that at least it is warm and comfortable.

Queen Elizabeth during private audiences at Buckingham Palace today, February 13:

** Full view **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom