Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 7: July 2017 - December 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She really threw down with this ensemble, just like the purple one a couple of daysago.

This is my first time reacting in one of her fashion threads but this has got to be mentioned because she outdressed all the younger women in the family. She looks absolutely amazing in this orange ensemble.

You did fine. JMO, but she always out dresses everyone else on this day. It is tradition! And I for one love it! :flowers:

Uh your Majesty it,s Christmas not Halloween!

In the UK we don't have a strong tradition of Halloween and as such don't associate orange with it.

Definitely the best dressed, and the color is lovely

I get why the Queen wears these neon colors...but Orange? It's not a very Christmas-y color?

LaRae

I think the Queen looked great. She suits most colours but the orange really gave her outfit some zing. I also loved her hat!

That orange was hideous. Just awful. I can put up with it in situations where she needs to stand out in a very large crowd, but there's no excuse for resorting to it on Christmas of all days. Big misses are rare for HM, but this was just a total stinker!

You don't have to wear red or green to look festive :ermm:

I love the orange. It isn't just a Halloween color. It reminds me of a burning fire in the fireplace at Christmas. Beautiful warm winter color for her. I love the hat. And as always she out dresses everyone.

I also love the Christmas eve look. Pale color but still lovely. Great hat.

Christmas speech she looked regal and wonderful for :flowers:

Love the purple look, especially the scarf, from her train arrival.

Both outfits were wonderful but my favourite was the Christmas day speech one.

I think she looked fantastic! Loved the orange and the hat. Never disappoints me.

This Orange outfit has been divisive.

She actually has flirted with Christmas orange in 2009 when she wore a very orangey tomato red: Queen Elizabeth Ii At St Mary Magdalene Church, On The Royal Estate... News Photo | Getty Images. And I think in both cases the diamond brooches really step forward - so I am a fan.

And I don't think that anyone has mentioned that she wore a green dress under the orange. There is a tradition that if you wear orange, you must also wear green; else be seen as favoring one side over the other in Ireland. For me the fact that she wore that pretty green/orange and white floral under the coat was a Merry Christmas message to all of the island of Ireland. Which is also a very beautiful thing. JMO.

And I thought that hat was superb! Whatever the color. :flowers:

Queen always looks amazing in bright colors and a proper hat.:flowers:

:previous: HM has been treating us to some great colours lately! Today's outfit is no exception.

Queen Elizabeth in a bright pink coat and matching hat at the Sunday church service today, January 7:

** Full/Side view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I've never liked this hat. I love the color. And I even think it works for her. But the whole half and half thing is just so 80s for me. It's a completely personal kvetch.
She obviously likes it, as often as she has worn it. That's all that matters.

I love the color of the ensemble- but don’t like the half and half thing of the hat either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Queen Elizabeth looking great in a green coat at the Sunday church service today, January 21 - the colour suits her!

** Full view **

Love the green! HM looks great - her best accessory being her lovely smile ?

Looking very lovely in her blue outfit and hat,Queen Elizabeth Sunday best for church!

Queen Elizabeth in a nice shade of red at the St Peter and St Paul Church in West Newton in Sandringham today, February 4:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Last edited:
I'm not usually one that is overly interested in fashion but looking at the Queen today in red, I had to admire at just how perfect the design of the outfit is to highlight any brooch the Queen would decide to wear with it.

Its like it was purposely designed to draw the eye to the brooch. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom