Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 6: March 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That shade of pink really suits her and I do like the feathers on her hat they remind me of the lovely fascinator she wore to Edward and Sophie's wedding. Also nice to see an appearance of the Queen Mothers brooch.

That brooch is just lovely.

LaRae

I just adore i say it again these bright , brilliant colors that Queen wear!!!!!!!!!

Queen Elizabeth Royal Ascot Colorful Fashion : People.com

There are a lot of people in this world that are flamboyant and colorful and even outrageous and they all scream "Look at ME!". Then there is HM, The Queen who is the opposite and wears bright colors because as multitudes of people come out wherever she is, she feels they have a right to get a good glimpse of her and those bright colors do it wonderfully.

I think its something the older queens/former queens all seem to do well. Choose bright clothes, that are both appropriate and able to draw eyes in public situations. We see it in Margrethe and Beatrix, and in a lesser extent, Silvia, Sonja and Sofia.

Queen Elizabeth on day 5 of Royal Ascot today, June 18, wearing royal blue and a hat that adds a great freshness to the outfit:

** Full view ** Upper part **

June 16- No a 1000 times over!
June 17- Love the coat and color, but the feathers on the hat make it look like cotton candy. JMO.

:previous: HM does indeed look great, the colours of her outfits are very pretty and I like the floral pattern of her dress, too.

Women rush to buy neon clothes after the Queen chooses bright outfits for her Birthday and Ascot
he may be 90 years of age but Queen Elizabeth II has proved she is still a fashion icon as women across the country are scrambling to mimic her latest look.

According to retailers sales of neon items of ladies' wear have spiked in the days since Her Majesty sported a daring lime green outfit for her official birthday bash, followed by a vivid pink ensemble at Ascot.

Over the past week high street retailer JD Williams said it has sold 134pc more bright green pieces, with sales of one green dress in a similar shade to the Queen's birth day outfit, jumping seven fold. It is believed other shops have also seen sales increases.

Elizabeth's other bright costumes also appear to have sparked a desire to ditch dull and pastel shades among shoppers, as sales of bright pink garments have jumped 107pc with bright orange up by 69pc.

Thanks to The Queen neon sales have risen 137%. Here's how to wear it the grown-up way
ou might have thought that neon was a no-go area once your highlighter-hued festival crop top days were over. But it seems that The Queen has persuaded her loyal subjects otherwise. As The Telegraph reported yesterday, over the past week high street retailer JD Williams says it has sold 134% more bright green pieces, with sales of one green dress in a similar shade to the Queen's birthday outfit, jumping seven fold. It is believed other shops have also seen sales increases. It doesn't stop at blindingly bright lime either; sales of bright pink garments have jumped 107% while bright orange is up by 69%.

We visit here so rarely. QEII wore a peacock and dark teal metalic croco print dress to the Olympian/Paralympian fete at BP today.
This is a miss. The seaming alone makes my skin crawl. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/10/18/20/397F185A00000578-3848772-image-a-7_1476819171512.jpg
I love this lady and someone needs to atone for talking her into wearing this. The nicest thing I can say is that it really made her lovely white hair take center stage.

Edit - the athletes wore their navy blazers - which explains her choice of color family.

:previous: I have to agree with you. This is definitely a miss. It's too shiny and reminds me of a Halloween costume.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:eek: is it Halloween :ohmy: I know the queen has worn some bright colors but her style is usually on point. This is just dome bizarre seventies disco costume come out two weeks early :whistling: the only thing I like is the color of the belt area.

:) I like the colour, style and fabric of that peacock/metallic dress.
Something quite different from usual for her, and HM looks very good in it
:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful shade of mint green.

I love the green on her beautiful shade. :flowers:

But while I love real hats, not a fan of this one. Big flower is not doing it:sad:

It is incredible, the stamina of the Queen and the Duke. Both looked well-dressed, what else was to be expected anyway.

The royal couple both look fine and are doing so well for their ages. I love that shade of green on the Queen, and her hat looks nice and fresh with its large flower.

Although the queen looks good in this color, I don't like it much. Is it blue? Or green? That's a meh shade imo.

Kind of a shade of Aqua so both IMO. I love the color and looks great on her. I like her brooch:flowers:

HM's outfit is simple but beautiful. The sequins/sparkles give it a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom