Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 6: March 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Elizabethas Colonel-in-Chief of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders of Canada received Colonel Ronald Foxcroft (Honorary Colonel), Lieutenant Richard Kennedy (Honorary Lieutenant Colonel) and Lieutenant Colonel Lawrence Hatfield (Commanding Officer) at Buckingham Palace today, May 19.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

And it's lovely! The look on HM's face is priceless!

I think she's worn the dress before. Or perhaps Angela made some changes to it on the bottom.

I like that The Queen reminds everyone that she still have her mink stoles and not afraid to use them. People normally get a lot of flack for wearing fur these days.

Last edited:
I like the dress. It suits the occasion, and looks good on Her Majesty.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The white dress is absolutely exquisite. She looks amazing.

Queen Elizabeth as Colonel-in-Chief presented New Colours to the Royal Welsh at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff today, June 11:

** gettyimages gallery **

The blue outfit is wonderful.

For me it's a toss up between the pink and yellow.

I love both outfits but I think I prefer the first one, as the floral pattern of HM's second outfits reminds me a little of a tablecloth. HM looks great in bold colours such as the shade of royal blue she wore on June 17. I love her facial expression in the second photo; it looks as if she's just heard a very funny joke. :D

When she was younger, she looked great in strapless dresses. She dressed the way you wished your wife did. Then she got a little older, and she dressed the way you wished your mother did. At the age she is now, she dresses the way you wished your grandmother would dress. Nice tailored clothes with an amusing hat, which I think are fantastic. The only mistake she made, which is shown fairly frequently is the egg thing she wore for Charles's P of W ceremony. That hat was horrible. Sorry, JMO.

July 5:

She looks absolutely lovely. I love the colors and the print.

The Queen is, according to 49% of women over 50 in this poll, the most stylish woman over 50.

As I've said several times before, I'm not interested in fashion, but I find this a bit strange.

Queen beats boardroom babe and Jerry Hall to over 50s style icon crown - Telegraph
Queen beats boardroom babe and Jerry Hall to over 50s style icon crown

Her Majesty the Queen has been voted the most stylish woman over 50 - by women over 50.
A fashion retailer conducted the first ever 50+ style icon survey, asking 2,000 women over 50 who they thought was the most stylish woman over 50.

Her Majesty attracted almost half the votes (49 per cent) in the poll for JD Williams.

Ed Watson, spokesman for JD Williams, said: "Our customers admire and relate to the real 50-plus women; the Queen and Dame Helen Mirren are perfect examples of how to age gracefully and avoid the dreaded 'mutton dressed as lamb' look.

"We've always championed the 50-plus female and it's great that women are starting to look to their elders for style inspiration, rather than feeling like their only option is to try to emulate a woman in her twenties."

Top 10 Stylish Women Over The Age of 50 (as voted for by women over 50):
1. The Queen
2. Dame Helen Mirren
3. Meryl Streep
4. Mary Berry
5. Michelle Obama
6. Lorraine Kelly
7. Karen Brady
8. Joan Collins
9. Jerry Hall
10. Kris Kardashian

The poll was conducted by You Gov and surveyed 2000 women aged 50 and over.

December 25, 2015 - The Queen this morning in a red outfit with a fur collar.

Great color and a lovely outfit.

Full view ** Close up

That's such a great color on the Queen. She looks so festive.

The Queen is wonderful today. And agree with this color so festive!!.

Queen has quick change between Christmas Day services from fur coat to red outfit | Daily Mail Online
Queen steals the show with quick change from vintage fur coat to vibrant red outfit between Christmas Day services

While many of her subjects were still lounging at home in their pyjamas, the Queen was photographed looking resplendent in not one, but two, elegant outfits on Christmas morning.

The 89-year-old royal looked stylish in a vintage fur coat as she stepped out for a private family service on the Sandringham estate, in Norfolk.

Just two hours later - after a very quick change - Her Majesty was seen in a vibrant red coat and hat. Proving she has an eye for detail, the Queen finished the look with a matching umbrella.

I love the full fur...really harkens back....and the red coat is fabulous! She looks wonderful!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom