Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2012 - July 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Beautiful color for her and gorgeous hat; my one quibble is the ruffles down the front and on her cuffs. But she looks lovely and she's really getting mileage from wearing the Flame Lily brooch, too.

Last edited:
I think the ruffles give added oomph. This would not be so if the ruffles were less gossamer. I just love her new wardrobe.

What a stunning color! Reminds me of fresh strawberries :D. I love the hat and brooch also. Not a fan of the ruffles, but otherwise a lovely, lovely look for Her Majesty.

I think when the Queen wears such vibrant colors, it really takes years off of her appearance. It really puts a bounce in her step and exudes energy.

We should all be so lucky to look so good when we're 86. :D

Very beautiful color! I think she looks very elegant. I also love the brooch of course!

The Queen looks wonderful! Such a vibrant colour, almost like a deep coral colour, which is one of my favourites for summertime!

The Queen looks lovely! :)
That peach colour suits her (although I probably say that about every single colour she wears), and the Jardine Star is always a welcome addition.

Last edited:
She does look lovely. Great color of course. I love that brooch!

Another lovely shade for Her Majesty (I have yet to see a shade that she doesn't look good in). I really like the hat and brooch.

Yum, peach melba, though the material looks like terrycloth. My one quibble is the black accessories against such a light pastel; she should have worn seasonal cream or beige. But the Jardine Star is amazing, as always.

Yum, peach melba, though the material looks like terrycloth. My one quibble is the black accessories against such a light pastel; she should have worn seasonal cream or beige. But the Jardine Star is amazing, as always.

I agree with you in regards to the black accessories. They create a contrast that is too stark, in my opinion. Beige would have looked a lot better and made the whole look a bit softer.

That suit is very beautiful and classic.

And another classy look from Her Majesty. I don't have anything else to add, except that I love the brooch.

:previous:
Not my dress favourite either BUT she is wearing Prince Albert Brooch (which is one of my all-time favourites), so all is forgiven. ;)

Last edited:
You took the words right out of my mouth, Artemisia. The dress has pretty colors, but not a great pattern. But I'd wear that dress every day (well, almost) if I owned that brooch, lol! And did she get a haircut, or are my eyes deceiving me?

Last edited:
This is not my favorite look either. The flowers make the dress look extremely informal (almost like a housecoat). I do love the jewelry, however.

Lovely colors but I don't care for the pattern. The brooch is gorgeous but it almost gets lost.. I said Almost!
It certainly looks to me like HM got her hair cut. It seems to be quite shorter.

The colours and pattern had to be bold so HM would stand out against the red of the background. It's a lovely summery piece.

:previous:
Not my dress favourite either BUT she is wearing Prince Albert Brooch (which is one of my all-time favourites), so all is forgiven. ;)

Artemesia - sometimes I imagine myself and all of us here on the forum at her age. I wonder what patterns we will be wearing? Ok, I will look silly in a tragic leopard spot!
I say let her wear what she likes. She has led a life devoted to the UK, she should be able to wear the odd awful print and still get our smiles. :flowers:

The only thing I like here is her brooch. The print is terrible.

Artemesia - sometimes I imagine myself and all of us here on the forum at her age. I wonder what patterns we will be wearing? Ok, I will look silly in a tragic leopard spot!
I say let her wear what she likes. She has led a life devoted to the UK, she should be able to wear the odd awful print and still get our smiles. :flowers:
Absolutely true.
I guess I'm just used to seeing a faultless ensemble on Her Majesty, so anything less than perfect is just "OK".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom