Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it is totally stunning look and what I love about the colours she wears is that she stands out in the crowd but not "loudly" she is fab.

HM is just a remarkable women in every sense of the word! She just seems to get more beautiful with age. Actually, she seems ageless! I envy her her stamina and grace. Her style is impeccable. She is like no other...

Hats off to HM and Prince Phil. To be so active and tireless and their age!
:wub::wub:

HM is just a remarkable women in every sense of the word! She just seems to get more beautiful with age. Actually, she seems ageless! I envy her her stamina and grace. Her style is impeccable. She is like no other...

Perfect sentiment; I so agree with you. She is irreplaceable and such a treasure.

Very classic and elegant outfits; I especially like the black and white and the sublime lime green.

Last edited:

Her majesty the Queen in a pale pink suit visiting Paris hôtel de ville (town hall) and marché aux fleurs (flower market)

https://twitter.com/matdemart/status/475188526636883968/photo/1

My favorites were the pink she wore, in the first picture, the sublime lime, and what she wore to the flower market.
She looked stunning at the banquet, and the garden party as well.

I like all of HM's outfits she has worn during her time in France. I don't think I have a favourite!

She looked like a giant cupcake in her pale pink outfit. Not my idea of elegance.
The only nice look was the one with the white coat and the black details. JMO

She looked like a giant cupcake in her pale pink outfit. Not my idea of elegance.
The only nice look was the one with the white coat and the black details. JMO

That black and white number was tres chic!
If you look at what Angela Kelly is making these days, it is the same box suit or boxy coat over a simple sheath dress. She is using texture and color to bring drama to these repeated shapes. And she does know how to design a hat and pick a brooch to make the whole think more impressive.
When she wants to she will vary a neckline or put the closing off center or do something at the edges. But that suit is basically the same cut every time. Fascinating.
I'd love to have been there when whomever made the decision to wear those pearls, earrings and watch as a staple. It's an elegant base on which to build a look. And a very smart move IMHO.

Isn't the pearl necklace she always wears one that George VI gave her? I thought I read that somewhere.

My favorites were the pink she wore, in the first picture, the sublime lime, and what she wore to the flower market.
She looked stunning at the banquet, and the garden party as well.

Completely agree. Her Majesty looked terrific!

They’ve supported the Queen as she goes about her royal duties for almost 50 years, looking decorous yet never detracting attention from their sovereign, and accompanying her everywhere from prison visits to her Diamond Jubilee pageant.
And these valuable servants? Not equerries or other royal minions, but her trusty patent leather shoes, the unsung heroes of the Royal household.
It takes a team of four — not including the junior member of Buckingham Palace staff, dubbed ‘Cinders’, who has the job of wearing in her Majesty’s shoes — to produce the classic black numbers (she has other colours in the same style) which cost about £1,000. Yet the Queen certainly gets value for money out of them, wearing the same pair for years and re-heeling them when they wear out.

The Queen has worn the same Anello & Davide shoes for 50 years | Mail Online

Queen Elizabeth at a Garden Party at the Palace of Holyroodhouse on July 1:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth visited the Emirates Arena and the Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome in Glasgow on July 2:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth visiting Forth Road Bridge on July 4:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth at Matlock Station on July 10:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth in Reading yesterday, July 17:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth at the Opening Ceremony of the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games at Celtic Park on July 23:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth at the Glasgow National Hockey Centre on July 24:

** Full view **

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth at the Braemar Highland Games on September 6:

** Full view **

Last edited:
No matter what HM wears, she is always impeccably dressed and wears it with a flair.

The area where she really excels though doesn't change from day to day or outfit to outfit. She has one of the most endearingly warm smiles that reaches her eyes that makes her face just glow. Not many can boast of having that. :flowers:

:previous: Those buttons on that coat - so outre and so cool. They were geometric squares in those jewel tones of the outfit cut into round buttons. Kind of like if Mondrian had used jewel tones and loaned his art to have buttons made. I loved the outfit but the buttons were a cherry on the top!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom