Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not liking the shoes, but the rest of the look is wonderful. Lovely shade of pink for Her Majesty.

I agree, the pink coat looks lovely.

I agree, the pink coat looks lovely.

I agree on the part about not liking the shoes very much. I'd pass them right by in the store. When I think about it though, they look like they fit well and most likely are very comfortable too. I think that matters the most when you figure in HM's age and the long hours she sometimes has to spend on her feet. She always did seem to be more practical and buy things for how well they function for her rather than because they just look good.

I think besides the colorful outfits that even have a matching umbrella, one thing that makes The Queen stand out is her Hermes scarfs. :flowers:

HM's shoes remind me of a pair styled by Gucci. I am loving the color on her and her hat with the large rose on it is very smart and pretty.

I really like that shade of pink on HM. Her snake skin shoes are alright, but like others here, I'm not a big fan of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly is a different look for her. It reminds me of Trooping the Colors and the bearskin hats! HM always manages to look wonderful and regal.

No liking the hat too much, but the rest of the look is great.

Last edited:
I think the roadkill was worn at the early morning service - although facing said that, the cut and shape of the early morning coat suit HM well.

I think the roadkill was worn at the early morning service - although facing said that, the cut and shape of the early morning coat suit HM well.

Just now noticed that- it's a theme.:eek:
Don't care for it.
Love the comment about bear skin hats!:lol:

Well I happen to think that the outfit, hat and gloves look lovely. I used to own a hat like that and gloves as well until I moved somewhere that requires neither.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

I think HM looked wonderful at both outings yesterday. As a rule, in my mind, if you have a nice fur coat, you use it every time you can. Re the second outing, IMO, the burnt orange coat was very chic, and a welcome change from the usual palette's HM tends to stick to.

I also think the primrose yellow dress for the Xmas broadcast was very telling. First worn at William and Catherine's wedding (though worn again since, including in Australia in 2011), paired with the flower basket brooch, I thought it just demonstrated HMs state of mind: happiness and contentment with the way things have developed with Charles, William and George.

Last edited:
I don't usually like orange and black together, but I have to say, HM's outfit is lovely (she always manages to pull her outfits off though, and I suppose I'm biased as she's my favourite royal) and her hat looks very cosy, it reminds me of the typical Russian winter hats. Her jewellery is nice, too.

Somehow I can't see HM going for this. :lol:

Neither can I! I can see princesses Beatrice And Eugenie, or possibly even Catherine, could see Diana in them too,but the Queen? No way José! That would be ghastly! Can you imagine what Prince Philip would say?:eek::lol:

Last edited:
Neither can I! I can see princesses Beatrice And Eugenie, or possibly even Catherine, but the Queen? No way José! That would be scary! Can you imagine what Prince Philip would say?:eek::lol:

Well, Prince Philip is famous for his candid quotes, so I can imagine him having plenty of funny lines to say if she'd wear something like that :lol:

Well, Prince Philip is famous for his candid quotes, so I can imagine him having plenty of funny lines to say if she'd wear something like that :lol:

My point exactly! ;) I almost wish she would for that reason alone!:lol:

Heaven forbid! HM is dressing beautifully and fashionably right now and no changes are needed, thank you very much. She has never looked better imho. :)

Wowzahs! This is definitely NOT something that I can see Her Majesty wearing. She dresses in a classy style as is, and there's no reason to change that.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom