Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

A glamorous look for a glamorous evening: Queen Elizabeth in glittering silver and gold at the Royal Variety performance in London on November 19, 2012.

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Gosh, what a wonderful gown! I have a feeling this gown is made from some of the material found stored away in Buckingham Palace as the design look like it comes from the 60's.

Anyone else wonder if the full-on beading is harkening back to the heavy embroidery of her wedding gown? More modern, of course, but the colors and the intricacy seem suggestive to me, which I find very sweet.

The Queen looked great in the gown. Her and Diana used to wear very similar patterns back in the day but I'm not sure of this one. I have read that The Queen have lots of old fabrics and it's often re-applied to her new wardrobe.

I think it's gorgeous! Hurray for HM "kicking it up a notch"!!! :cool:

Queen Elizabeth during a private audience at Buckingham Palace on November 20, 2012, wearing a dress of a great colour and fabric!

** Pic **

Absolutely stunning! That shade of purple is to die for.

She looks great in that purple dress!

Queen Elizabeth receiving the Emir of Kuwait on day 1 of his state visit, November 27, 2012 - I can't decide whether I like the hat on her or not ;)

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

Queen Elizabeth receiving the Emir of Kuwait on day 1 of his state visit, November 27, 2012 - I can't decide whether I like the hat on her or not ;)

** Full view ** Side view ** Upper part **

I adore this hat! It is a jaunty break from the "brim brigade" the Queen wears so much lately. It lifts the appearance of her face. Lovely!

Last edited:
I love the Queen's hat, it's so quirky. It looks remarkably like Sophie's hat for the Jubilee Service at St Paul's. The Queen's hat is a beautiful colour.

The Queen looks fantastic! I really like that pale blue ensemble, especially the hat (and the brooch, obviously).
The bag is a clever touch; the black in it sort of "connects" with the black shoes and gloves.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great look! I love the hat; very stylish and original.

The Queen looks fantastic! I really like that pale blue ensemble, especially the hat (and the brooch, obviously).
The bag is a clever touch; the black in it sort of "connects" with the black shoes and gloves.

(..)

i thought the bag was two tone when I first looked at it (is that what you meant by quirky touch) - i would love it if so, but it think it is just the flash reflection.

i thought the bag was two tone when I first looked at it (is that what you meant by quirky touch) - i would love it if so, but it think it is just the flash reflection.
You are right; I thought the bag is two tone from this picture (and because I was viewing the pictures from the small screen of my iPad) but, having just looked through other pictures, it's obvious the bag is solid black and it was indeed just a reflection.

A great look for the Queen at the State Banquet yesterday evening, November 27, 2012.

** Full view **

Today, the Queen was at Thames Hospicecare to commemorate their 25th Anniversary. She was wearing a really nice blue-black ensemble.

- Complete outfit
- Close up of the outfit
- Close up 2 (hat and jewellery)

I absolutely this look even though there is no serious jewellery involved (which, to me, is a mortal sin as far as royalty goes).

I thought it was missing serious bling too - till I saw the full view. With the collar and pocket patches there was a bit going on there visually - so I gave her a pass for not going overboard. However, she was at Windsor and maybe someone forgot to bring the correct brooch along. :lol:

her aquamarine clips would have looked lovely.

I like today's outfit, and the dress for last night's State Banquet. My only complaint would have to do with the black patches on the pockets; they're a bit much.

A great look for the Queen at the State Banquet yesterday evening, November 27, 2012.

** Full view **

She looks wonderful!

Today, the Queen was at Thames Hospicecare to commemorate their 25th Anniversary. She was wearing a really nice blue-black ensemble.

- Complete outfit
- Close up of the outfit
- Close up 2 (hat and jewellery)

I absolutely this look even though there is no serious jewellery involved (which, to me, is a mortal sin as far as royalty goes).

Lovely look! Love the color combination.

Last edited:

Queen Elizabeth at the Queen's Medal for Music presentation and concert in London yesterday, December 5, wearing the great outfit in purple again she has worn before last month:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I missed this last month- love it! Gorgeous on her!

I absolutely love the fabric of the suit; it's really rich and the colour is super vibrant.
I'd have preferred one of the Kent Amethyst brooches but the Amethyst Bouquet one is very pretty too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom