Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks very nice. Far better than she did, years ago. She, always, looked frumpy when she was young, I, think, courtsey of Hardy Aimees. Now, she looks fashionable.

I agree- for me the hat is the best part. And I love the color combo.....

Queen Elizabeth was one busy lady today, October 23.

First, she wore a very nice red dress for private audiences at Buckingham Palace:
- The outfit 1 - The outfit 2

In the evening, she hosted a reception in honour of Team GB, wearing a pale blue suit and white gloves.
- The outfit - Close up

Love both outfits! The red one is attractive because of its vibrant colour, and the pale blue one is very elegant, especially with the white gloves.

It's so nice to see Her Majesty in such a beautiful, vibrant red! It seems so often she wears pale colors (which of course suit her), so it's a very nice treat. I like the dress for the evening reception as well.

She looks fantastic in both outfits!

Love both looks, but the red is simply radiant on Her Majesty. It brightens her up quite a bit.

I love purple on our Queen and the little girl is just too sweet.

The Queen looks gorgeous in purple!
My only problem - where is the brooch? I don't remember ever seeing a picture of the Queen in a smart outfit without one. ;)

I simply LOVE that shade of purple on Her Majesty. The lighter outfit is all right.

She looks fantastic in that pink outfit!

Queen Elizabeth at a gala performance of 'Our Extraordinary World' in London this evening, October 30, looking great in a long evening dress - a lovely snow queen :)

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Elizabeth at a gala performance of 'Our Extraordinary World' in London this evening, October 30, looking great in a long evening dress - a lovely snow queen :)

** Full view ** Upper part **

No brooch (good choice), snow queen INDEED and I love the bag this evening. I'm also a sucker for ropes of pearls. Well done, Your Majesty!

That is one gorgeous look for Her Majesty! I think she's wearing high heels too :D.

Seeing HM and the DoE dressed up so beautifully really makes me miss those bygone days where people did dress up formally on more occasions.

HM simple shone in that outfit. Every inch a Queen.

Two nice looks for Queen Elizabeth during day 1 of a state visit of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in London, October 31, 2012:

** Daytime outfit ** Evening outfit **

iceflower said:

Two nice looks for Queen Elizabeth during day 1 of a state visit of Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in London, October 31, 2012:

** Daytime outfit ** Evening outfit **

Her Majesty knows how to pull out all the stops!

Her Majesty knows how to pull out all the stops!
I only wish the same would go for Angela Kelly... The pale gold evening dress with its bad fit looks so poorly made that it's a sorry sight.
Focusing exclusively on Kelly as her dressmaker has resulted in evening gowns not worthy of Queen Elizabeth, and this is an obvious example - a probably precious fabric is tailored without expertise here, resulting in a bad execution of the dropped waist, shifting sleeves and shabby inverted pleats in the skirt which are particularly hard to look at.
Kelly has pretty much ruined HM's evening wardrobe over the past decade.
Unfortunately, even the sash has been placed in a less than effective manner on this occasion, covering half of Queen Victoria's jubilee necklace without a brooch to secure it.

Boris said:
I only wish the same would go for Angela Kelly... The pale gold evening dress with its bad fit looks so poorly made that it's a sorry sight.
Focusing exclusively on Kelly as her dressmaker has resulted in evening gowns not worthy of Queen Elizabeth, and this is an obvious example - a probably precious fabric is tailored without expertise here, resulting in a bad execution of the dropped waist, shifting sleeves and shabby inverted pleats in the skirt which are particularly hard to look at.
Kelly has pretty much ruined HM's evening wardrobe over the past decade.
Unfortunately, even the sash has been placed in a less than effective manner on this occasion, covering half of Queen Victoria's jubilee necklace without a brooch to secure it.

Unfortunately, too true!

I thought the outfit she wore at St Paul's during the Diamond Jubilee service was the most majestic of all her outfits (apart from her coronation outfit, of course! ;) )

I am bored, waiting for Downton to come on and was looking at snaps of the Queen. She so frequently recycles her suits, I was wondering if anyone knew if there were dry cleaning facilities in Buckingham Palace?

The days are long past the point where the odd servant would get out the old bottle of Carbon Tetrachloride to spot clean (what we call here in the US a Hazardous Material with an MSDS sheet telling workers to not touch - as it is a contact and respiratory poison).

I am sure Prince Charles has made sure that Green Dry Cleaning solvents are used - but I do wonder if that is done in house or through a special warrant? Has anyone ever heard of this while taking the tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom