Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 5: July 2012 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white of the jacket looks somewhat weird against the general blue of the dress and the hat. But, like yesterday, she's wearing another of my favourite brooches (Cambridge Pearl Pendant Brooch), so she could have worn one of Martha Louise's or Laurentien's more outrageous outfits - and I wouldn't care.

After the last two days' outfits, let's hope she saving some great red, blue, white for the weeks of the games! :whistling:

Really dislike the blue print of the outfit. Not a great combination with the white.

I don't care for the hat with her outfit. It looks out of place, somehow... like it was an after thought.

Yep - this is an unusually frumpy look for her Maj. The frock and hat are from Canada 2010, and it wasn't great then. And in full length shots - that hem is so wonky - an unusual miss from Angela Kelly (this cannot be Stewart Parvin, his tailoring is always spot on!)

I noticed the hem on her skirt was hanging in the front but I thought it was just My eyes! I am happy that someone else noticed that it was off. Well, not happy, but at least I know I am not the wonky one. :)

Thank you, James! Perhaps we should let Angela know to put that outfit aside for a good long time before even considering putting it on HM again...

Thank you, James! Perhaps we should let Angela know to put that outfit aside for a good long time before even considering putting it on HM again...

This is definitely an outfit of HM's where her sunny smile had to work a tad bit overtime to deflect from the outfit. Usually I find her attire in impeccable taste but this one definitely lacks something.

I'm not a fan of the white-jacket-blue-dress-and-hat combo. As others have stated, something is missing. However, the brooch makes up for anything that the ensemble may lack, and her smile is delightful to see.

Queen Elizabeth in one of her lovely outfits on the Isle of Wight today, July 25, 2012 - a much better choice than yesterday!

** Full view ** Upper part **

Always love when Her Majesty is wearing shades of peach, apricot or pale pink; she looks particularly lovely.
Brooch disappointment though; love it but it has to be the single most-worn brooch by the Queen this year.

Her Majesty looks wonderful in this shade of pink. I love the hat.

Beautiful shade of peach and I love her beribboned hat. Her coat looks so sleek on her; a very nice design. I think the Flame Lily Brooch has got to be the most worn as well; I don't mind seeing the Chrysanthemum Brooch again.

:previous:
The Sapphire Chrysanthemum Brooch? I'd love to see that one again too.
The Flame Lily, the Jardine Star and the Sunflower Brooch have to compromise the Top 3 most-worn brooches of the Queen this year.

She needs to dig a little deeper in the vault to entertain us!! lol But I never get tired of seeing the Jardine Star; it's just so magnificent and a real statement brooch as well as the Cullinans.

She looks fantastic! Love that color.

HM looks like a ray of sunshine in that beautiful color and stylish outfit! The simple lines of her coat are so flattering. Just lovely.

I love the dress, although I think only the Queen could pull it off. I was wondering why she would be wearing a coat yesterday when the temperature in the south of England was approaching 30C/90F.

I like this pattern, but agree with Artemisia, that the look was better with the coat. However, since she left her hat on, it balanced out the pattern of the dress.

i beleive this was her outfit from Zara's wedding which was July 31 - must be very light weight - looks lovely.

I think the pattern is horrible. Much better with the coat on.

The Queen looks lovely today!

LaRae

Sorry, I cant find the opening event's outfit, did I miss it?

Anyway, I didnt like the Queen's look with the headpiece at all. This is one of the few occasions where I thought that she really looked old and worn, the headpiece is so unflattering it makes her look like she stood in the rain for one hour, what reflects in her face.
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/14/31/10/3248696/3/628x471.jpg

Difficult to find a good full view, here is a try
http://cdn3.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2012/07/queen-and-bond/3721052917.jpg

I think the Queen was caught in two minds last night. I believe it isn't the done thing to wear hats in the evening, have I got that right? But, maybe the Queen wanted to wear something on her head as people would be expecting it? Love the Queen rocking the diamonds.

Just think of the poor male stunt double who had to jump out of that helicopter wearing a replica of that outfit.

The Queen looked great today. Much better than yesterday's outfit. I thought it was too much, the design was horrible. Even I thought the hat was too much.

Last edited:
The Queen looked great today. Much better than yesterday's outfit. I thought it was too much, the design was horrible. Even I thought the hat was too much.

Although I didn't think the peach really suited HM at the opening ceremonies and the feather fascinator didn't do anything for me, she also looked so totally wiped out. Its good to see her looking bright eyed and bushy tailed and wearing her winning smile again today. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom