Queen Anne Marie's Fashion and Style Part 1: December 2006 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, this outfit is definitely much better than her sister's, who looks almost comical. I like the floral skirt in particular - black & white is always a smart choice!

23-07-2010 Graasten Queen Margrethe and Queen Anne-Marie listened to the Life Guards concert, at Graasten Palace.

Outfit

Well you can't go wrong with black and white. Anne-Marie looks nice.

Very true, you cannot go wrong with black and white but both colours go well with other colours. :flowers:

It is a nice outfit.

pic1 I quite like the coluors she wears for casual events they compliment her skin tone very well.

That's cute - I love it when the royals seem like normal, photo-obsessed grandparents. I bet she has pictures in her wallet, too. ;)

Queen Anne-Marie looked so pretty last night at dinner. Outfit looked great with all that turquoise jewelry. She is lovely!

Anne-Marie's bag has a photo of her grandchildren on it. Awww
http://i37.tinypic.com/27y3lzc.jpg
Oh that's cute. :flowers:

Here are pictures of Anne-Marie attending her son's pre-wedding cocktail party last night:
Outfit: http://svenskdam.se/files/2010/08/greece_royals.jpg
Close-up of her jewelry: http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/06Tv74kfnbdkr/610x.jpg

This morning she and Konstantin visited the church, where the wedding will take place:
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05jAaDO6dm6sQ/x610.jpg

Cocktail's outfit was very nice, elegant but not too much.

I loved last night's outfit - very elegant and classy. Anne-Mare is still so beautiful; she doesn't look her age at all.

Would love to know her anti-aging secrets LOL! She does look great-the summery light colored pantsuit combine dwith the turquoise jewelry is very chic and elegant without being overdressed and fussy. A perfect combination for a Greek islands wedding.

She does look good for her age. Being happy and content helps make a person look younger. She always has a warm smile.

I thought Anne Marie looked lovely, and glowing!

I like the color of the dress not sure about the sleeves. But Anne Marie looks so happy. Glowing like the proud mother that she is

She looks so proud that her son is finally getting married.
The pink floral pattern against the grey is nice. The flower in the front is a nice added touch.

Not sure about her dress. Anyway she is glowing with pride and happiness.

Her dress is alright. I personally don't like the decoration sticking out in the front. The pearl choker is nice. She's such a beautiful lady no matter what she wears.

It's a lovely dress, IMO. I liked the fact that she and MC both were wearing dresses with a floral theme. :)

Her dress looks lovely if not a bit matronly. But she is the mother of the groom so it's ok.

Did Queen Anne-Marie wear the same dress in the wedding of both of her sons?

OgAAACQIvABsTTr78xXc53uIlrZ9mzbCtyO2qGlrytL0vwBlmp3aGh50SRzNyCu_5_XWiJEiRR-RD0r4LuTHMwuhMJQAm1T1UGeoBGPhUhJ_5sQn99DoL07IScvO.jpg

Interesting...but I think I've seen a full photo of Anne-Marie at Pavlos's wedding, and I think it was a shorter skirt than the full-length gown she wore at Nikolaos's.

Maybe it's the same style with a similar pattern but at Pavlos's wedding the dress looks green with pink flowers and Nikolaos' wedding it's pink with green flowers.

But she definitely has the same jewelry on.

I think only the pastel colors are the same. They are different dresses.

Queen Anne Marie's wedding dress was by Jean Desses I believe.
Then all her day dresses and suits were copied from the Paris fashions by Dervis a famous couturier in Athens and Philimon. When in Rome she was attired by Emilio Shuberth.If we had access to the book "Eikones" which had many fantastic photographs of her we could start a paper trail.
She has given simplicity a new meaning with her ability to transform understadedness into a force we are now able to understand and admire greatly.
As far as I can remember, Yes, the wedding dress was by Jean Desses. Any how she had impressed all of us in Greece at that time with her simplicity and the magazine "Eikones" indeed had fantastic photographs of her. I have kept quite a few issues of those days and I will try to scan and upload some pictures. I would also like to mention here that many of the young girls of her age (1964) were trying to look like her made their hair the same style, dressed the same way holding handbags and having gloves the way she was wearing them etc. In a few words WE LOVED HER A LOT (and there are many of us who continue to love HER):flowers:

Interesting...but I think I've seen a full photo of Anne-Marie at Pavlos's wedding, and I think it was a shorter skirt than the full-length gown she wore at Nikolaos's.
right you are

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can remember, Yes, the wedding dress was by Jean Desses. Any how she had impressed all of us in Greece at that time with her simplicity and the magazine "Eikones" indeed had fantastic photographs of her. I have kept quite a few issues of those days and I will try to scan and upload some pictures. I would also like to mention here that many of the young girls of her age (1964) were trying to look like her made their hair the same style, dressed the same way holding handbags and having gloves the way she was wearing them etc. In a few words WE LOVED HER A LOT (and there are many of us who continue to love HER):flowers:
Queen Anne Marie was very popular with the Greek masses immediately. Even today with so many left wing governments coming and going I have never heard a negative word or comment about the lady. When Anne Marie arrived on the scene people were enamoured with her.And she has never given an iota of disingeuity to make them feel differently.Eikones should be published internationally; the quality of the pictures was incredible!

Back
Top Bottom