Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for the Fashion and Style of the Princesses of Luxembourg!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princesses of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 1: June 2004 - May 2012 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

I think she looks just beautiful. It doesn't hurt to have a dashing man on your arm. whew hes handsome!

The outfit was neither bad nor great.
But I say it again: She has an unelegant way of walking/moving.

Very nicely dressed, beautiful couple, glad to see her again !

Love the colour and was elegant but for me it needed to be another inch longer. The skirt is not ending on the most flattering part of her leg.

I may be in minority, but I really detest what she is wearing. The dress is too short for such an event, the jacket doesn't add anything to to the look and is pretty ugly, and the hat and heels aren't the best choices either. On a more positive note, great hairstyle and makeup.

Last edited:
My pet peeve is, and this includes Martha Louise, Maxima and Madeleine, if your heels are so high the change your walk substantially then wear lower heels. Stacked heels are the culprits on this front. Theys detract from what these ladies were wearing. Stephanie looks okay (not great). I thought the dress could be an inch or 2 longer too. Hated the hat; it look like a pile of laundry on her head. Againt, when watching the live broadcast all I could see was her (those other ladies) clomping around on shoes that she's clearly isn't used to that high a heel. Mary generaly wears a high heel but not a stack.

Stephanie looks good and she belongs among the royals.

She looked good but the coat looks a size too small especially from the arms.

I have so say this...no matter what your age, this dress is too short for this occassion. If the dress had been longer (to the knee) the jacket would have looked much better. The way it is the jacket looks like an afterthought and doesn't do well with the dress. The colors are nice on her. Too bad, especially on your first "outing".

Wow, I hadn´t seen Stephanie until now, and I have to say she´s one of my favourites from the Christening! She looks beutiful, so different from the engagement!
I usually don´t mind short dresses on royals for some official events, if you can show your legs why shouldn´t you? And she obviusly looks good in it and have an age that allows that, but maybe for a religious event is a bit short.
Anyway I love it, the coat and the hat. I´m not sure about the shoes, though.

Wow, I hadn´t seen Stephanie until now, and I have to say she´s one of my favourites from the Christening! She looks beutiful, so different from the engagement!
I usually don´t mind short dresses on royals for some official events, if you can show your legs why shouldn´t you? And she obviusly looks good in it and have an age that allows that, but maybe for a religious event is a bit short.
Anyway I love it, the coat and the hat. I´m not sure about the shoes, though.

What a lovely thing to say - and since I haven't seen the christening or the other ladies - I am glad to hear your assessment. I, too, think she looks beautiful - and again, there is something about her - a sweetness - that shimmers through - I hardly notice her clothes. I have no problem with her ensemble - its youthful and suits her and her age.

Nice Picture

She does have terrific legs! ;)

Last edited:
I have so say this...no matter what your age, this dress is too short for this occassion. If the dress had been longer (to the knee) the jacket would have looked much better. The way it is the jacket looks like an afterthought and doesn't do well with the dress. The colors are nice on her. Too bad, especially on your first "outing".

I agree.
Still, it wasn't a major disaster; some of the other women present looked much worse.

I thought she looked nice. I'm sure it was a pretty nerve racking appearance for her but she looked great.

I agree that the dress is inappropriately short for this ocassion. If it were a bit longer, the gray jacket and white dress would be in better proportion. The gray hat is a hand-me-down which Maria Teresa wore on National Day in 2010. Stephanie, future Crown Princess, deserves her own age-appropriate hats.

Last edited:
I didn't like the style of the coat and the crimped hat, and even though she's got great legs, for a church occasion the length should have been longer. I do like her hair in the chignon and her makeup is lovely and soft.

Last edited:
Her skirt was too short but the rest was okay. I missed her smile.

Countess Stephanie's ensemble was a safe choice. It would have been much better if the coat and dress were a bit longer. I liked the hairstyle and make up.

The dress was too short for this event and the hat was not great.The coat didn't seem to go with the dress .

What a lovely thing to say - and since I haven't seen the christening or the other ladies - I am glad to hear your assessment. I, too, think she looks beautiful - and again, there is something about her - a sweetness - that shimmers through - I hardly notice her clothes. I have no problem with her ensemble - its youthful and suits her and her age.

Nice Picture

She does have terrific legs! ;)

I had hoped for more. She just looks silly.

The only thing I like here is the coat. Hate the shoes, dress and hat.

I think Stephanie looks lovely. I really like what she chose. The only thing I dislike is the length of the dress. It's a bit short for a christening, but she certainly has the legs to carry to look off.

I'm sorry, as much as I love , I have to give her a big 0 for this outfit. The coat is horrible and ways too sad, this is a christening! Her dress could be OK, but the lenght is ways too short. The hat is -sorry for the expression- ugly.
I'll give her bennefit of doubt for her shoes ;)

I think she should go for flasy colors. And smile ;)!

Has she darkened her hair or does the lighting just make it seem so?

I don't care for the outfit. The only positive thing is that aside from the hat it's a young look and I think the ladies in this family generally tend to dress too old. Just my personal opinion of course but I think Alexandra does this and Tessy seems to have fallen into it. But looking at other things Stephanie has worn I think that sadly she will fit right in with the frumpy Luxembourg style.

I dont think Stephanie will become a style icon or something, she is not the type at all. Having said that, she needs to improve considering her future position.

The shoes are ugly, the coat is frumpy & doesnt match the dress - that is far too short - at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom