Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tessy was the most stylish. Her dress is from Warehouse.
Dresses | Blue Lace Sleeved Skater Dress | Warehouse

Claire looks lovely when she is pregnant, it gives her softness. The grand duchess looked great on her pink outfit. I liked Alexandra's outfit minus the hat. Stephanie, she looked the same as always. Not a success. I especially disliked her "hat".

As I said before, I think Claire is a bit underdressed for her daughter's baptism. The outfit is fine but I think is not suitable for that kind of occasion, on the other hand, the baptism was more relaxed and more of a family private event.

I think Claire could have made a better choice and the Alexzndra looks lovely I really like Tessy's dress is it for a baptism ? Is it hot ? If so I guess a decision was made ahead for the dress code,
MT appears very plump in that outfit IMO

Claire is underdressed. Tessy's outfit was totally wrong choice for a christening and it doesn't suit her. Alexandra looks very lovely, I like her dress. The Grand Duchess is a lovely person, but this outfit isn't among at her best choices. They look like they are going to different kind of events with different kind of dress code. Claire's and Alexandra's dresses could have been an inch longer.

Last edited:
Sorry but I don't think Claire has the knees for that dress. Tessy looks like she's going to a beach party (although I like the outfit itself), not keen on MT's outfit - not flattering. Alexandra looks great.

Fashion choices at Princess Amalias' baptism in France today, July 12:

** Claire - Full view ** Upper part **

** Maria Teresa - Full view ** Upper part ** Tessy - Full view ** Upper part ** Alexandra **

nothing special from either one of them. at least tessy brought out something a bit different and more exciting. i liked what claire chose, and unlike the rest i don't think she was underdressed (this was a fairly low key event), but it's not a dress that is very memorable either... her hair though looked very beautiful.

They all looked liked they where off to a summer party.

The waist of Claire's dress doesn't look like it is actually at her natural waistline. I have noticed the same thing with a lot of Kate's dresses that are of similar style. I can't figure out if the dresses just aren't the right size or if their body proportions don't match with the style or if the skirts are too short so that the proportions are off. Is this just me or does someone else notice the same thing?

I love green and I love Tessy, so perfect combination for me !!!!

I thought the ladies looked beautiful. Claire looked great.

I agree Claire dress didn't really fit her and it was just ok ,also that she should cover the knees.Alexandra also wore a simple sleeveless summer dress but the color and texture of eyelet I think, dressed it up. I agree Tessa looked like she was going to a beach party.

The waist of Claire's dress doesn't look like it is actually at her natural waistline. I have noticed the same thing with a lot of Kate's dresses that are of similar style. I can't figure out if the dresses just aren't the right size or if their body proportions don't match with the style or if the skirts are too short so that the proportions are off. Is this just me or does someone else notice the same thing?

Thanks for bringing this up. I too have noticed this on Kate's dresses too. The waist line is way too high, and makes it look like they are wearing a size too small. I think that Clare's dress with the proper fitting and "something" over her shoulders would have looked lovely for the occasion! I liked the color and its simplicity! :flowers:

Bless their hearts . . .

Every last ONE of 'em missed the mark, here.

In SOME way, shape, form and/or fashion.

Maybe they --- or SOME of 'em, anyway! --- will get it right, next time.

Oh, well.

On the OTHER hand, they all look happy as hogs in mud, so that's really what it's all about!

Last edited:
I totally agree about the waistlines on Claire and Kate. I think Kate is very long waisted and does not get a good fit when buying ready made. She needs to stay with custom clothing for a better fit.

I think Claire could have made a better choice and the Alexzndra looks lovely I really like Tessy's dress is it for a baptism ? Is it hot ? If so I guess a decision was made ahead for the dress code,
MT appears very plump in that outfit IMO
Well she has never been a size 0. She is my idol . . . she is not tall, she is not slim, what she is is a real woman. All the CP's and Queens are pretty much the same. Slim and elegant, whereas MT shows you can still be elegant and plump. However, I would agree that this particular dress does not seem to suit her at all.

Claire is underdressed. Tessy's outfit was totally wrong choice for a christening and it doesn't suit her. Alexandra looks very lovely, I like her dress. The Grand Duchess is a lovely person, but this outfit isn't among at her best choices. They look like they are going to different kind of events with different kind of dress code. Claire's and Alexandra's dresses could have been an inch longer.
Yep, your average "Family Baptism" where everyone rocks up on time wearing their Sunday Best Smiles and have a wonderful celebration.

Yes, I have noticed this funny trend. Catherine is definitely long waisted and that is the type of "fit" we see on her with waisted dresses and, since Claire is looking much the same I would venture to guess that she too is long waisted which lifts the waist and makes the skirts too short.

Bless their hearts . . .

Every last ONE of 'em missed the mark, here.

In SOME way, shape, form and/or fashion.

Maybe they --- or SOME of 'em, anyway! --- will get it right, next time.

Oh, well.

On the OTHER hand, they all look happy as hogs in mud, so that's really what it's all about!
Yes indeed, that is what it is all about, a family occasion and not a royal engagement.

ps: We say happy as a pig in muck here! :D

Tessy's outfit was a strange choice for a christening and it does not suit her.
Alexandra was very nice in this lovely dress.
Claire's outfit was fine, but nothing special.

Not sure what to think about this outfit. I don't dislike it completely but I can't say that it's beautiful either.

PS: I agree with you Duke of Marmalade. Even her daughter in law has her own thread.

Oh, dear. I see what you all are seeing.:ermm: Yes, M-T has had better fashion days but her hair is to die for.

I never thought the day would come when HGD Stephanie would outshine Letizia in the fashion sweepstakes and hair as well. But Stephanie looks absolutely beautiful and elegant!

I don't like the color of the outfit but I like the style of it. Her hair looks great.

I wonder why MT doesn't have her own fashion thread? It took me ages again to find this thread.

It's a matter of interest. As you can see the thread has started 2 1/2 years ago and has only 12 pages (and that even although several royal ladies are included). Many other royal ladies get 4-6 full threads each year.
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie has her own thread as members are much more interested in her and her fashion choices than in those of the other ladies of the family. So all is fine with this thread.

It's a matter of interest. As you can see the thread has started 2 1/2 years ago and has only 12 pages (and that even although several royal ladies are included). Many other royal ladies get 4-6 full threads each year.
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie has her own thread as members are much more interested in her and her fashion choices than in those of the other ladies of the family. So all is fine with this thread.

Thanks - maybe its a good idea to at least add the names of the princesses in the header (MT, Tessy etc) at least to me its confusing as Stephanie is a princess of Lux too.

May 9, 2015 - Princess Clarie recycling her yellow Prada dress matched with a jacket and black pumps

I like the combination of the jacket and the dress.

Full view ** Side view ** Front view

I like the look. The yellow dress is lovely.

That red dress worn by Princess Claire today was far too short, especially for a religious event!:eek:

That red dress worn by Princess Claire today was far too short, especially for a religious event!:eek:

IIRC the dress she (Claire) wore to her own child's baptism was too short as well...I remember several commenting about it.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom