Royal Ladies of Luxembourg Fashion and Style Part 2: May 2012 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the color, but the style and cut of the dress are absolutely horrid. Stephanie appears to be naturally slim, and this dress simply hangs off of her. It reminds me of something one would wear around the house, or to sleep.

From reading about Stephanie's life and looking at photos, it sounds like she spent her childhood and adolescence almost sequestered in an ancient castle with parents who were old enough to have been her grand parents. There are also several nuns and at least one priest in the family.

So under those circumstances it doesn't sound like the poor girl was able to develop great fashion sense. That said, I hope she learns fast because most of what she has worn publically since her engagement to the HGD has not been very flattering to say the least. The colour of that hunter green dress is superb, her hair is a beautiful warm honey blonde and her face is radiantly pretty.

But that is not a dress that should be worn by a young, pretty woman with a nice figure...unless she is pregnant. :ohmy:

After Oct20th, she will have almost unlimited $$ to spend on her wardrobe. All that's missing is a reputable stylist. For Stephanie's sake I hope she is open to advice. :sad:

Last edited:
That certainly is a sack of a dress Stephanie is wearing in the latest photo from the palace. It's a great color for her, and she looks beautiful until you see the lower part of the sack. But at least we didn't have to look at her wearing too-high heels again. I suspect she doesn't care a lot about fashion, but thinks she must get used to heels to be in sync with fashion. As others say, she will learn, but if she doesn't it won't matter if she has love. Hooray for love!

Mariel, from the day the engagement was announced Guillaume has seemed to treat his fiancee like some exotic hothouse flower that needs nurturing and protecting. As reserved and shy as he is, it's very sweet to see him come out of his shell the way he has.

No, it's not Guillaume's opinion of her I am thinking of. He is quite besotted it seems. :whistling:

Stephanie will be representing Luxembourg as wife of the Heir. She cannot and should not embarrass her new country...not when she has the means to look elegant and presentable at her fingertips. Fashion can be learned. She has her fiancee's very elegant Aunt Sybilla, as well as her soon-to-be mother-in-law. Money will not be an issue at all.

If she stumbles in a major way fashion wise after her wedding, the press and public will not be kind. She seems a sweet young woman eager to do her best and I'd hate to see her humiliated by Karl Lagerfeld or someone else. :sad:

Last edited:
I agree the cut is awful but the colour is lovely on her and I like the little necklace she seems very sweet .. wonder if she is..

Its a lovely shade on her and she wears that color well. Darker seems to suit her way better than bright/pale/light colors. The dress is accessorized nicely with that necklace. The only thing that is missing with this dress is a nice belt for it not too look like a sack.

Do you want her to be dressed by Natan such as Maxima, Mathilde, Claire ?
She has her own personality and another background as Kate , Mary , Letitzia . We have to respect this.

Do you want her to be dressed by Natan such as Maxima, Mathilde, Claire ?
She has her own personality and another background as Kate , Mary , Letitzia . We have to respect this.

Unfortunately she already dresses in Natan :).

She has been seen in his outfits for example, the red layered dress with a matching bolero (official engagement photo) and this outfit is also by Natan.

maria-olivia I could not agree with you more. If the soon-to-be HGD Stephanie signs on with Natan as her official couturier she is going to be on her way to becoming recognized as the frumpiest of all the current CP's.

And that would be a crying shame because she will at only 28 years of age be the youngest of all the Crown Princesses. :ermm:

My fervent hope is that Marc Jacobs or Karl Lagerfeld/Chanel will offer her some guidance, and become for her what Armani was to Charlene Wittstock when she first landed in Monaco in 2005/2006.

Remembering some of her very early outfits still sends a chill up my spine. :eek:

Last edited:
October 3, 2012 - Grand Duchess and Stephanie attended a concert. Grand duchess in a black suit and Stephanie in a lovely blue dress. Stephanie actually looks good in that shade, the cut is flattering and hair open suits her much better than pulled up. The silver heels are a bit to silvery for the dress IMO. Nevertheless this is her best look so far.

Picture

Maria Teresa's black suit looks a bit too sombre for me, although the addition of pink is a nice touch.

Stephanie looks gorgeous! I absolutely love the blue dress.
It's in a great style and colour, looks flattering on her and is complemented by well-chosen accessories.

Stephanie looks fantastic! That shade of blue is gorgeous. The outfit is very classic and elegant. One of her best looks so far.

Very elegant.

Artemisia said:
Maria Teresa's black suit looks a bit too sombre for me, although the addition of pink is a nice touch.

Stephanie looks gorgeous! I absolutely love the blue dress.
It's in a great style and colour, looks flattering on her and is complemented by well-chosen accessories.

You're spot on; the black suit is rather dreary and sombre for a concert. Stephanie looks fabulous. I love the dress. Another (soon-to-be) royal lady who looks great in blue.

Lovely to see, how sad there isn't more pix of that event. She really looks great in that colour !

She looks very nice. I love the dress on Stephanie. Can't wait to see her wedding dress!

I don't like at all Srephanie's style. It seems to be a little bit older for her age.

I'm not a fan of Stephanie's style either.

I love the color of her dress, but the style is just okay. I think the gold shoes ruin the look. I hope to see some new hairstyles on her soon.

She looks elegant and correct, what I would expect from her.
Her hair could use some help,I agree, only because it may look "fine" in real life, but she is not used to what photographs demand.
It must have been hard for her to attend a memorial concert.

She looks wonderful: fresh, classic, ethereal, really beautiful.

I love her look in the blue dress at the concert, and I think her hair is fine. The only thing I do not like are her shoes, and I think these shoes should be outlawed. I do not see how anyone can walk in such shoes. Now I may be ignorant; perhaps there are some very expensive shoes which a person can walk in, without damaging their feet, unlike the less expensive shoes average people wear. There may be a secret formula for being able to walk in such shoes. I believe, however, that these shoes are so extreme that I fear for her falling forward while wearing them. If she walks like a "horse", as some people say, maybe she's just taking care not to fall down.

When I was 16 I wore "toe shoes" with steel arches so I could run around on my toes at a sports pavilion at "half time" of a basketball game. I know that wonders can be done with construction. I still don't like it because Stephanie will have deformed feet later. My feet were not deformed completely because I quit wearing both toe shoes and high heels.

I'm with you Mariel1, I love the dress, but I hate those shoes! I think open-toe shoes look too old fashioned.

But the color of her dress is beautiful, and I think it's adorable the way Guillaume has tried to match his tie to what his fiancee is wearing.

The dress is lovely. Her makeup could use a bit of an amp-up; what she's doing probably suits in person, but it photographs very pale. But she looks lovely and composed, she's got such inborn class.

Moonmaiden23 said:
I'm with you Mariel1, I love the dress, but I hate those shoes! I think open-toe shoes look too old fashioned.

But the color of her dress is beautiful, and I think it's adorable the way Guillaume has tried to match his tie to what his fiancee is wearing.

I agree about the shoes; they look uncomfortable and unattractive. I love Guillaume's attempt to match his tie to the color of Stephanie's dress. He gets major brownie points :D :wub:.

I don't think she should wear makeup more than this for now, I mean her mum has passed away last month!

Right, Royal Couturier, her mum just passed away, and anyway she has that Dresden China look which should not be overcome by much makeup.

I agree about the shoes; they look uncomfortable and unattractive. I love Guillaume's attempt to match his tie to the color of Stephanie's dress. He gets major brownie points :D :wub:.

As a couple, they do that often(try to match their clothes). I think it's adorably old-fashioned and sweet, and I love it. :whistling:

I happen to agree about Stephanie's complexion. It is fair and flawless, but it photographs too pallid at times. She is probably wearing very light makeup for daytime(as she should) and I also agree with other posters that she might not be wearing much due to mourning for her late mother.

But for her wedding I hope she gets a skilled makeup person to show her how to play up her features for daytime.

Last edited:
Her make-up was always discreet I think, why would she change that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom