The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-21-2017, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Beatrice and Eugenie at the V&A Summer Party in partnership with Harrods at the Victoria and Albert Museum today, June 21:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Old 06-21-2017, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear. I don't like either outfit!

Old 06-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Beatrice is nice! For Eugenie this dress not flatter her!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Nobility

I don't think that the sleeveless styles work so well on Eugenie, but she wears so many of them it must be a comfort thing. This cocktail dress seems very comfortable for a hot muggy evening. The impressionistic print is very nice.

Bea's dress seems badly tailored. There's some unfortunate sewing details at the end of the darts seams that, unfortunately, looks sort of nipple-ish.

Beatrice's pale underskirt lining was also riding up quite a bit in a few of the Getty image photos.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Total miss for both women but that is normal these days. They have no taste and no one seems to ever tell them. No doubt they tell each other they look great and their mother tells then that as well and they don't listen to anyone else. They look totally awful at this event.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:54 PM
Majesty

The colors of Eugenie's dress have a lot of potential for her..but the style...a miss.

Beatrice...that was not well thought out.

LaRae
Old 06-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Truly dreadful.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

No taste for either. They have a lot of resources at their disposal, so no excuse. They are not beauties or built wonderfully, but they are young and can look fresh and tasteful for their age. Have they no mirrors.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
No taste for either. They have a lot of resources at their disposal, so no excuse. They are not beauties or built wonderfully, but they are young and can look fresh and tasteful for their age. Have they no mirrors.
Their hourglass figures are quite lovely...they just have to dress for that instead of wearing things not at all suited for women with curves.

LaRae
Old 06-22-2017, 12:45 AM
Majesty

Fashion is a matter of opinion. They both have worn plenty of great outfits. Eugenie has been in top picks in fashion polls a few recent weeks.

As everyone keeps insisting, they are private citizens not working royals. Except at trooping or events with the queen, they really owe no one an explanation.

I like the colors Eugenie is wearing. Would look better in the style of her dress from last week.

Beatrice is a miss. Hate the pockets on her boobs the most.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Beatrice and Eugenie at the V&A Summer Party in partnership with Harrods at the Victoria and Albert Museum today, June 21:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Oh God. No, no, no. Both outfits are nice but not for these ladies. Definitely no.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Neither sister looks attractive.
They really need someone to advise them who has their best interests at heart.

They can look nice when they make the right choices. Eugenie looked very elegant at the recent wedding of Pippa and James Matthews.
Old 06-22-2017, 10:58 AM
Majesty

Beatrice and Eugenie today at the Royal Ascot

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id699683300
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id699664612
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id699663738
Old 06-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Neither sister looks attractive.
They really need someone to advise them who has their best interests at heart. They can look nice when they make the right choices. Eugenie looked very elegant at the recent wedding of Pippa and James Matthews.
I completely agree! And today's Ascot look for Beatrice is not a good one. The blue dress makes her hips look about 3x as wide as they really are. Eugenie on the other hand looks very nice in her red dress. The cut is wonderful on her.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

I actually think both look nice. However nice Eugenie looks in red is offset by the hugeness of the red skirt. I also like Beatrice's entire outfit. Also happy to not see her hair hanging down.

I agee with the previous poster --- they need a stylist who has their best interests in mind. There is great potential in both ladies
Old 06-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I will be the first person to tell you that when it comes to fashion, its not my milieu or something that actually draws my attention too much but there's just something about Ascot week that draws one into it.

As far as Beatrice and Eugenie and what they wear, I think it was amplified best by the presentation of the two royal princesses in the TV series called "The Royals". They were always seen wearing garish and outfits so out of whack with their persons that it was comical.

Found this article that describes what I'm talking about.

The Royals sisters bear striking resemblance to Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Stunning. Both girls. Lovely shape and colours.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the way Beatrice did her hair. The braid looks great on her.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Nobility

I don't like that braid. IMO, it's decidedly sloppy and clumsy looking with a very dressy hat that calls for sleeker coiffure.

The color-blocked dress of hers, while accentuating her trim waist, is out of sync with the flower-embellished hat. The color block pattern also makes it appear from the front that's she's wearing a backpack.

When you see photos of her from the back, it's even more apparent that the dress, hat and hair do not go together.

Eugenie's dress is her color for sure. Red is always fantastic on her. This dress could have been more carefully sized for her, and the hair is a bit casual with her nice big hat, but overall, entirely acceptable.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Royal Highness

How pretty Beatrice looks in the picture with Tim!

Abraham Lincoln