The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2017, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

The both look gorgeous. Love their hats.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Beatrice and Eugenie at Royal Ascot today, June 20:

** Beatrice & Eugenie ** B & E ** Eugenie ** Beatrice **

Old 06-20-2017, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Beatrice looks fine, but Eugenia looks top heavy in that dress. Her hat is nice, though.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

One of the rare times that Beatrice looks better than Eugenie. That dress is unfortunate for Eugenie. If she is going to wear volume like that it needs to be more structured...and her top needs to be fitted correctly...perhaps some more foundation support too.

LaRae
Old 06-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

something is definitly wring with Euginie's dress
Old 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness

The top of Eugenie's dress is VERY unfortunate.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Beatrice and Eugenie at Royal Ascot today, June 20:

** Beatrice & Eugenie ** B & E ** Eugenie ** Beatrice **
I really like both outfits. Eugenie's looks a little too informal, Beatrice looks fantastic but the waist on the dress doesn't sit right for her frame.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh dear Eugenie looks so very wrong
Old 06-20-2017, 07:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, maybe a tad less then so very.

I love the hat and I get yelled at when I discuss my very American taste in underpinnings, so I am not going there. . But the hat was odd when seen dead on because it looked not shaped to the head at all - very flat. And the style of the dress generally looks good on Eugenie. So good choices in theory?

The flower work on Eugenie's dress was outstanding. Nothing I would wear and too long in the sleeve, but perfect for Ascot, I thought. Really very, very pretty! Glad they were both attending and hopeful that we will see them again this week.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Eugenie's taste is awful - but that is nothing unusual. Her dress is, as I now expect from her, at least one size too small. She needs to actually look at herself in the mirror before leaving the house.

Beatrice - occasionally she nails it and this is one of those rare occasions.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

They both look hideous.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really like Beatrice's outfit today.

Eugenie's outfit is inexplicable.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:02 PM
Majesty

I thought Beatrice looked charming but I think an updo would do wonders for her hat, neck and shoulder line.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I thought Beatrice looked charming but I think an updo would do wonders for her hat, neck and shoulder line.
I agree. I just saw her with her hair up and she looks more mature and together. Her face comes to the fore, and it's an interesting face. The long flowing locks don't work for her because her hair is not thick (like Kate's, for example) and it's like a continual adolescent 'look'. She'd likely look good in some version of a bob. JMO.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Heir Apparent

These two girls frustrate me to no end with their clothing. They need to hire a stylist.

LaRae
Old 06-20-2017, 11:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

There were reports that Andrew hired one for them after William's wedding but if so they have since left and/or the girls don't listen or care. They have no idea what looks good on them or they have advisors who enjoy making them the laughing stock of the BRF.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:20 PM
Majesty

Beatrice looks really lovely. The dress is beautiful.

Eugenie I quite like the dress. It just doesn't fit up top right.

I like they experiment. They don't dress matronly to be non offensive. They are like women their age, trying new things and trends.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I like they experiment. They don't dress matronly to be non offensive. They are like women their age, trying new things and trends.
I see nothing regarding what they do as trendy.

Many did not like Cressida Bonas' style but she was always experimenting and looked great into the bargain. It can be done. The key is to know one's body.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

The thing is that Cressida has a lot more leeway for being trendy and experimenting...clothes are made for her body type.

Girls like Beatrice and Eugenie have a very specific body type, even when not carrying extra weight they are curvy. You simply cannot (should not) wear certain styles when you have this type...wear things that work with your body type. They can do it, now and then they hit on a style that looks great on them and instead of sticking with it they try to do the trendy thing...and it doesn't work.

LaRae
Old 06-20-2017, 11:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I see nothing regarding what they do as trendy.

Many did not like Cressida Bonas' style but she was always experimenting and looked great into the bargain. It can be done. The key is to know one's body.
Them looking trendy vs trying new trends are very different things.

They are trying different trends. Things you see in magazines and on women in the street in this decade.

Are they trendy? No. That doesn't mean they don't try out new trends, it means they are unsuccessful at it. They unfortunately take chances that often don't flatter their body. But they are still experimenting and still trying.

I'd rather hits and misses, then which shade of blue coat dress this week. Or since you mention Cress, was 90s tv show she is going for this week.

If they get a stylist they need someone their age. They need help picking trends that suit them. No need for grandmas closet for twenty years or more.