The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-21-2018, 08:35 AM
Serene Highness

Fabulous look for both ladies!

Old 01-21-2018, 08:43 AM
Majesty

I quite like Eugenie's cape coat ....the color is lovely. I'm pretending to not see the black tights.

I really like the color of Beatrice's coat ..not sure about the style though.

LaRae

Old 01-21-2018, 10:03 AM
Courtier

Also like Eugenie’s cost and love the color. Agree Pranter about her sister, though I like her tam.
Old 01-21-2018, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I quite like Eugenie's cape coat ....the color is lovely. I'm pretending to not see the black tights.

LaRae

Better black tights than no tights!
(Someone who is pale just looks awful bare-legged.)

What was Beatrice thinking?
Old 01-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Majesty

There are other options than bare legs and black tights though!

LaRae
Old 01-21-2018, 11:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Better black tights than no tights!
(Someone who is pale just looks awful bare-legged.)

What was Beatrice thinking?
She was thinking she didn't want to wear black tights to church today.
She looks like she has stockings on IMO. There's a sheen there wouldn't be there if she had bare legs. Perfectly appropriate and not unusual.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I don't have a problem with the fact that Beatrice isn't wearing tights - she is covered up in her arms and is wearing an appropriate coat so that compromises. The CofE is not so strict that they wouldn't let her into the service for showing her legs. At my (CofE) church in the summer, many people wear dresses that show some leg, but they compromise by covering their arms with a cardigan.

I adore the colour of Eugenie's coat but I don't really like how she's trying to wear it as a cape - not really my cup of tea.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
She was thinking she didn't want to wear black tights to church today.
She looks like she has stockings on IMO. There's a sheen there wouldn't be there if she had bare legs. Perfectly appropriate and not unusual.

The news article said she was bare-legged.

I wasn't considering whether or not it was appropriate but how it looked- pasty.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:25 PM
Majesty

I don't get the issue with not wearing tights. Tights or lack there of don't make a look conservative. Her knee length coat is far more conservative then her sister's much shorter skirt, even if Eugenie has black tights on. As for pasty, speaking for someone who looks like a ghost even in a tropical country, it has never stopped me from not wearing tights all the time with a skirt.

Fashion:

Love Eugenie's cape. Beautiful color and style on her. She looks great

Beatrice looks lovely. Great color on her.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
As for pasty, speaking for someone who looks like a ghost even in a tropical country, it has never stopped me from not wearing tights all the time with a skirt.

As a fellow ghost, I don't like how it looks when I don't wear tights with a skirt...very pale legs just don't look attractive, imo.

I realize others may feel differently.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
As a fellow ghost, I don't like how it looks when I don't wear tights with a skirt...very pale legs just don't look attractive, imo.

I realize others may feel differently.
So in the summer you wear tights, or long pants in the heat??? I guess I never took the 'I should hide my legs in shame'. I am going to wear what is comfortable, not going to cover my legs because I am not a bronzed beauty. And Beatrice should not feel shamed into doing it either.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:24 PM
Majesty

The other day we (grandkids too) were watching something set back in the 1800's, anyway they wanted to know about ladies carrying parasols so I explained that back then if you had tan skin it meant you were working/lower class. Ladies tried to keep their skin very protected.

How things change!
Old 01-21-2018, 06:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Beatrice and Eugenie at the Sunday church service today, January 21 -nice colours for both:

** Beatrice & Eugenie ** Beatrice **
Wow, both women look really good. A few might find Eugenie's new coat/cape length a little short but it is a great look on her and forest green looks fabulous on her although she is wearing black stockings or pantyhose rather than heavy winter tights. Unfortunately, her fussy, frilly fascinator and big floppy satin bows on her shoes are at war more severe cut of her coat/cape.

On the other hand, Beatrice is recycling her Christmas coat but has also gone with a pared down "look". Her unadorned black beret is placed in such a way as to keep her hair falling down her back and not all over the place and the change from black tights to nude stockings or pantyhose and plain black patent courts gives a much more elegant look. Black gloves and clutch finish her ensemble.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
So in the summer you wear tights, or long pants in the heat??? I guess I never took the 'I should hide my legs in shame'. I am going to wear what is comfortable, not going to cover my legs because I am not a bronzed beauty. And Beatrice should not feel shamed into doing it either.

Yes I do, but I am quite comfortable, since I'm rarely too warm, even in tropical temperatures.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:06 PM
Nobility

They both looked very nice.

Eugenie and her Dad seemed a little ... tired? It's rare to see Prince Andrew look bleary-eyed.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes I do, but I am quite comfortable, since I'm rarely too warm, even in tropical temperatures.
Umm, it's winter over there at the moment and in summer she may very well burn very quickly.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think she is wearing nude coloured tights which is perfectly appropriate. Both ladies look fine for church-going.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Eugenie looking lovely in a flower print dress on her engagement photos today, January 22:

** Full view **
Old 01-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The dress is a repeat from the Harpers Bazaar shoot in 2016
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...tunner-8606828
https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...ss-Eugenie.jpg
Old 01-22-2018, 10:54 AM
Courtier

She looks beautiful from head to toe.