The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
The York girls never seem to make the tweaks which would make them chic rather than just presentable. Is it because the majority of their frocks are on loan from the designers and are therefore "not to be tweaked"?

Think your right it would explain a lot

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 07-19-2016, 06:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Why do you suggest this? Is there evidence that they wear loans and that the loaners tell them they cannot accessorize? What's your source?
My definition of tweak is modify...alter...change...not accessorize. It's not unusual that designers would lend well-known women clothing. And since neither woman ever seems to wear the same thing twice*, even things that are very flattering or suitable or well-fitted, it's an educated guess on my part, a guess that I stand by.

*Exception: Eugenie's New York work wardrobe

Abraham Lincoln
Old 07-19-2016, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
My definition of tweak is modify...alter...change...not accessorize. It's not unusual that designers would lend well-known women clothing. And since neither woman ever seems to wear the same thing twice*, even things that are very flattering or suitable or well-fitted, it's an educated guess on my part, a guess that I stand by.

*Exception: Eugenie's New York work wardrobe
I agree about "tweak". I think your theory sounds reasonable, but the idea raises questions about this business of designers lending clothes that I hadn't thought about before. It is not a subject I know much about.

I would have thought that designers would make their clothes up in the tiny sizes that their models wear on the catwalk, and neither of the York girls is in that category, so how does it work? Do the designers make up some of their clothes in larger sizes specially for certain women and lend them out to these women and then take them back? I didn't think designers of the sort who would be lending out clothes sold their creations in larger sizes, so what do they do with them when they get them back? Perhaps it all just done as part of the designer's advertising budget and they are just destroyed. And if we are not talking about hugely expensive top notch designer creations, surely Beatrice and Eugenie would be able to buy a few of them and would not have to just borrow them. I have no idea, and I'm now curious.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:48 PM
Nobility

Princess Eugenie attended a Reception at Buckingham Palace for winners of The Queen's Awards for Enterprise on July 14:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnozfgBWIAAj817.jpg

Princess Eugenie attended a private party for the Queen's birthday on July 19:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...8960540628.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...8960540674.jpg
Old 07-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think if designers lend clothes, they make sure they look very well on the wearer. By and large, neither of these girls dress well. I assume it is their taste and lack of mirrors. Once and a while they get it right. It really wouldn't matter, except for all the PR.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I had to bring this over here: Fergie hits LouLous with daughters Princess Beatrice and Eugenie | Daily Mail Online

I had to because I'm going to say something I don't recall having said before. I think both Beatrice and Eugenie look fabulous in these evening outfits. Yep, both of them! Eugenie especially. And if Sarah's dress wasn't satin, and wasn't too tight, I'd say she looked pretty good, too, but it is too tight, and whenever she wears satin I am reminded of Belle Watling.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:07 AM
Serene Highness

Eugenie's looks fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-21-2016, 06:55 AM
Courtier

Wow there are all sorts of wrong in that dress Sarah is wearing and I don't think the fact it's too tight or made of satin are the worse things about it. It is just an ugly dress they were going out to dinner. Eugenie looks good and so does Bea.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Nobility

Princess Eugenie at Ascot racecourse on July 23 in an Alice & Olivia dress:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...9298930010.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/23/19/368996E200000578-3704964-image-m-29_1469298769608.jpg
Old 07-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

i'm not sure I like this dress... the lines are not a good view.. something is missing...
Old 07-26-2016, 06:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The style/shape of the dress is quite nice on her...the color is blah and does nothing for her at all. Nor do her shoes.

LaRae
Old 07-26-2016, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The dress is God awful. if she bought it at Walmart, it is still awful. If you are a designer, wouldn't you want to show off your wears at their best. Whomever dresses the girls, ladies, should all be shot.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Heir Apparent

It's not the worst thing I've seen Eugenie wear, but that's the best I can say about it.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
The dress is God awful. if she bought it at Walmart, it is still awful. If you are a designer, wouldn't you want to show off your wears at their best. Whomever dresses the girls, ladies, should all be shot.

Apart from the shooting bit I agree with your comments. Every once in a while the girls manage to pick the right outfit and look good but most of it's sadly a miss

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 07-27-2016, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I actually thought the Ascot dress was fresh, summery and fun. It was age appropriate. It's a bit boho, but I liked that about it as well. White with a bit of blue in the heat always looks good to me.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Majesty

I like it as well. The skirt is slimmer than her usual upside-down-tulip-skirt shape. It's a big long for a young woman her age, but that seems to be the "in" hemline now judging from what I'm seeing online. Besides, the eye is drawn toward her and not to the haggard-looking Sarah. Bonus!
Old 08-09-2016, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Stunning photos of Princess Eugenie

Princess Eugenie of York in Harper’s BAZAAR

Really lovely.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

She reminds me of the Queen Mother when she was young, especially in the first pic.

LaRae
Old 08-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Yes, but.

It does definitely look photo-shopped.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Eugenie looks fabulous!

Tags
princess beatrice eveningwear, princess beatrice fashion, princess beatrice hats, princess beatrice outfit, princess eugenie eveningwear, princess eugenie fashion, princess eugenie hats, princess eugenie outfit