Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 6: May 2014 - April 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I like either outfit, but each of them seems suitably dressed for a daytime wedding in winter. The other female guests seem similarly attired (though I note one woman seems to be in a long dress). There is a gentleman in morning dress but that's not surprising in upper class circles in England; it's just the kit you wear to a daytime wedding.

Though they might seem to make some odd choices at times, I do think that these two princesses would know what sort of clothes to wear to such an event, and would wear something more formal if the event required it.

I adore Beatrice's coat and hat. :flowers:
For me, they work well together and have a special old fashioned writer's vibe; something artsy and gorgeous in colour.
Eugenie is radiant of late, whatever her dress.

:previous: I would have to agree with you. The brim of that gorgeous junior navy fedora really draws attention to the colour and shape of her eyes.

I love Eugenie's hair and makeup, she really has that down pat, but I am not really a fan of grey and marl. It's looks too cold although Eugenie's smile was, as usual, more than warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate Beatrices hat and coat it doesn't look like she is going to a wedding at all. Eugenie looks better. The hat is out of place and it isn't something you would wear to a wedding maybe if she was a PI or something and that coat which I'm sure costs a small fortune is not all that nice I hate the collar and it is too much grey.

Neither looks attractive; why is Beatrice wearing black tights and ankle boots with a blue/navy coat?

And Eugenie really looks thrown together; after such a lengthy time in NYC, she should look more polished!

What we don't see if what is being worn under Beatrice's coat which might suit those black stockings.

I don't know about everyone else but it is normal to take a coat off when inside so assuming Beatrice did that then her outfit could be quite suitable.

Bertie's right. We don't know what she's got on underneath that coat. It could be something that matches the stockings.

Anyway, for me the fact that the coat sleeves are grey means that black shoes and stockings are fine even without knowing what's under the coat.

I quite like her hat. I much prefer it to Eugenie's plate or flying saucer.

December 25, 2014 - Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice attending church on Christmas day. I think Princess Beatrice is way too short but both ladies look good.

Full view

Eugenie looks okay - I like length and colour of coat, but Beatrice - well as its Christmas, I won't be unkind.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Eugenie looks lovely. Beatrice looks all right. It's not my cup of tea, but it's not an awful look.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Love E's. B's looks like a prison uniform! Or a sick zebra!

Last edited:
Wide horizontal stripes aren't a good look for anyone, imo.

I think Eugenie looks lovely. My only issue is with the way the coat fits...it seems a little big.

The style of Beatrice's coat is nice, but I don't like the pattern or the color. I also think the coat would look better with a few more inches.

Last edited:
December 25, 2014 - Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice attending church on Christmas day. I think Princess Beatrice is way too short but both ladies look good.

Full view
I agree, they both do look good. It is interesting to note that while Eugenie wore stockings with court shoes, Beatrice went the way of the almost tunic over heavy tights/leggings and booties.

Interesting look from each of them.

Beatrice, needs a fashion coordinator from anywhere. Whomever designed that coat and put it on her should be shot. Perhaps, a mirror would help.

Eugenie's coat seems a little too big. Also, it looks like her buttons have been ripped of or something (maybe it's just on the picture).

It is clear to me that they both take great attention with their appearance. The thing about taste is that is that it is very personal. I am convinced both Bea and Eugenie like what they are wearing. And good for them. I may not always agree with their choices, but I defend to the fashion death their right to make them.

I don't have a problem with Eugenie's coat and I think she looks great. I love how she managed to have three different colours in her outfit - normally I'd say that would be a too mismatched look, but this time the look manages to work and the colours blend in with each other nicely.

Beatrice's coat however, I'm not a fan of. I don't think the fitting is that flattering as it makes her look rather large. The colours are also a little too dark for me and I'm not a fan of the stripes. It would've been better if she had worn something a bit more colourful with her outfit as it looks too dark for Christmas, which is a cheerful celebration.

Beatrice, needs a fashion coordinator from anywhere. Whomever designed that coat and put it on her should be shot. Perhaps, a mirror would help.

Or taken to the Tower! LOL!
Agree with you!

Both the royal princesses look nice in their individual ways, although Eugenie's outfit is quite conservative for her usual tastes. Beatrice's coat reminds me of my mother's wedding dress - bands of lace from top to bottom. It's quite a festive look, and for those who do not like it, it's probably much nicer seen in reality than in a photograph!

I like Eugenie's outfit, except for that cerise hat, but that's due to my "matching" obsession. The shoes appear black, and the gloves are black, and if she'd been wearing a smart black and white hat I'd have been delighted. Similarly if the gloves and shoes had matched the hat, or if she'd added a brooch or scarf which included the cerise. I'm guessing she wanted to add a bright, festive, touch, and maybe the hat matches the dress she has on under the coat.

As for Beatrice, I think she looked fine, but would have looked even more fine if that coat were a few inches longer.

Last edited:
Too short!!!! AND Beatrice has a terrible stance, she really needs to pay attention to things like that, it is very unattractive, if the DOC did that she would be brutalized in the press.

It is clear to me that they both take great attention with their appearance. The thing about taste is that is that it is very personal. I am convinced both Bea and Eugenie like what they are wearing. And good for them. I may not always agree with their choices, but I defend to the fashion death their right to make them.
Quite right!

If I'm not mistaken, we have seen either this coat of Beatrice's before -on another royal- or else a garment made from the same lace/prisoner stripe fabric. I'm thinking it was a dress worn by Princess Mary.

Found it:

Queen Elizabeth II Camilla Duchess Of Cornwall Prince Charles Prince... News Photo 170812382 | Getty Images

Sorry, Princess Mary!
Hmm, I see Beatrice added heavy tights and booties and lost the cold white summer hat for a black hat that strangely, looks warmer. I wish it was red or some other really warm colour but it's a nice hat nonetheless.

Both the royal princesses look nice in their individual ways, although Eugenie's outfit is quite conservative for her usual tastes. Beatrice's coat reminds me of my mother's wedding dress - bands of lace from top to bottom. It's quite a festive look, and for those who do not like it, it's probably much nicer seen in reality than in a photograph!

I liked Bs coat in an up close photo- far away looked awful!

March 12, 2015 - Princess Beatrice attends a private view for the "Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty" exhibition at Victoria & Albert Museum.

I think she looks great!

Side view ** Close up ** Full view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom