Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 5: January 2013 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too crazy about any of the looks, but like Baroness of Books, I happen to like Beatrice's gray coat

:previous: Many have mentioned how unsuitable their outfits seemed for a summer's day, yet both Beatrice and Eugenie used a carriage rug over their knees as indeed did Camilla and Catherine.

I am guessing it was not particularly warm and have heard that there was also the possibility of rain which could also explain the Queen's use of a closed carriage.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Beatrice and Eugenie looked like they purchase their clothing from Target. That is fine, if they paid Target prices. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Who advises them and gets paid, is my problem. And it has nothing to do with their "sunny personalities". They are nice young ladies. They have no fashion taste, too bad. I am sure their father pays plenty.

Beatrice and Eugenie looked like they purchase their clothing from Target. That is fine, if they paid Target prices. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Who advises them and gets paid, is my problem. And it has nothing to do with their "sunny personalities". They are nice young ladies. They have no fashion taste, too bad. I am sure their father pays plenty.

Aaah, but Countess, they do have a fashion taste - it is just not yours or mine :lol:. And this was the weekend I made my peace with that.

They have a very definite idea of what they think looks good. I'm happy for them. Heaven knows, I have my own fashion muse, that in hindsight, was not always whispering good things in my ear!

But I have concluded I will wince most time I see the York young women. It does not make me right and them wrong. It will just be my reaction. I want them to be happy and healthy and enjoy life, so I am going to shut my big mouth. Most of the time. ;)

These sisters (with or without their mama) should never shopping together. You know, when you try something on and your sister says, "that is sooo pretty and it looks great on you!"? In this genetic grouping, that's not something they should EVER believe when the other says it. They do try so hard.

Hmm.. just thinking - I wonder if they're related to HGD Stephanie...:whistling:

But I have concluded I will wince most time I see the York young women. It does not make me right and them wrong. It will just be my reaction. I want them to be happy and healthy and enjoy life, so I am going to shut my big mouth. Most of the time. ;)

That is exacty how I feel towards the York young ladies, Princess Leticia, Princess Charlene and Stephanie. But I have to confess that I have a soft spot for the York girls and Stephanie and tend to "forgive and forget" much easier...

I think both of the York young ladies are going through an experimental fashion phase, trying to find their own style and what suits them as women and not teenagers. They have a long way to go, but occasionally one or both of them will get it just right and I see the potential for them to really look fabulous. I hope that a few years now we will look back and laugh at how badly-dressed they used to be.

Just look at old photos of Sophie! Or Diana's transformation from the eighties to the nineties. The best is yet to come with these two.

Beatrice is what 25? It's been a long phase she has always dressed badly you either have style or you don't. I know plenty of young women her age or younger who dress way better then she does without the sort of money she has to throw at clothes. Actually there are more then one just one shot of them with not so attractive looks on their faces there are several of them especailly beatrice on the balcony. They have been raised in the public eye they know they are being focused on. Harry looks happy and relaxed in all his pictures. Some people just don't photograph well and I think Beatrice and Eugenie are not naturals in front of the camera. Can't blame them their mother has no style and it's something you have or don't have. Bea had a stylist at one stage but going by what she has been wearing the last few months I guess that is out the window.

So if the overall point is that they don't have any style and therefore the vast majority of what they wear is going to be tacky or ugly or what not, then what's the point of continuing to discuss what they're wearing?

Personally, I don't mind most of what they wear. Some of it I think might be sized a bit poorly or doesn't work perfectly with their body types or colouring, but I don't think they look terrible. To me it more seems like they're two women who don't have necessarily conventional sense of styles or possibly a huge interest in clothes. They're wearing clothes that they feel comfortable in. I think some of it, particularly in regards to the sizing, suggests that they're not necessarily comfortable in their own bodies (I see this a lot in Eugenie). And given as they get bad mouthed on the Internet for everything they wear, I can't really blame them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like Eugenie's outfit, but Bea's looks like a prison inmate. Those stripes are just too much! She should have followed her sister's example by wearing a solid jacket, though I still don't like those stripes. The stripe pattern on Eugenie's skirt is just right.

Last edited:
I didn't get a chance to comment on their "fashion" at this year's Trooping of the Colors, but I can't keep quiet, can't these girls afford a stylist?? They had been looking pretty good lately so I was severely disappointed in their choices this year!!It seems that they have unfortunately inherited their sense of style from their mother, I thought both looked awful this year! IMO

Love their hats, however horitzontal stripes aren't a good idea for either one of them.

I really like Eugenie's outfit, but Bea's looks like a prison inmate. Those stripes are just too much! She should have followed her sister's example by wearing a solid jacket, though I still don't like those stripes. The stripe pattern on Eugenie's skirt is just right.

I agree with you; Eugenie looks great. I love the lace on the jacket. Beatrice's coat does heron favors. The stripes are not complimentary to her shape.

Princess Beatrice's Chanel bag is nice. She fails to pull the rest of her ensemble off.

Last edited:
Love their hats, however horitzontal stripes aren't a good idea for either one of them.

Solid colors are most women's friend! :flowers: . Katherine, for example, often wears solids.

Love E and realy don't like B and really don't like B's hat very Maxima IMO

I also realized that Bea's dress hangs longer than her coat, which doesn't look good either.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of either of the York princesses outfits. Horizontal stripes do not flatter either one of them. About the only thing I like is Bea's beautiful Chanel handbag.

For me, Beatrice wore too many dark shades, perhaps if she had worn a white hat then I would've liked her outfit more. I do like her bag though, it's very nice.

Eugenie's outfit is nice, my favourite parts of her outfit are her skirt and hat. I'm not too sure about her top (mainly the sleeves). I also don't mind her clutch bag.

Out of the two, I think I prefer Eugenie's outfit.

I do like the planet Saturn hat/fascinators. Seriously.

B- Prison inmate! :eek: Prison inmate in lace and polka dots no less! :eek:
Cannot say I am wild about the hat either..

Last edited:
I despair of them both... neither has the least concept of proportion, good colour or pattern that may suit their respective figures {if only Lady Gabriella would 'take them in hand'!}

If Lady Gabby took them in hand they'd end up dressing double their age.

If Lady Gabby took them in hand they'd end up dressing double their age.

Possibly... But they'd have 'style', and not look as though they shopped @ Oxfam...

Style is personal. As far as I'm concerned they look fine. I'd might not be a choice I would have made, but I've seen far worse. And it was not on them.

They looked fine to me although I do think Bea's stripes would have been better if the other way.

I do like them in solid colours more than these but they are looking much better than they have done in the past.

Of the two looks, I prefer Eugenie's, but I'd prefer them both in solid colours. Horizontal stripes are not flattering to any but very thin bodies.

I think the concoction on Bea's head represents a first step towards wearing an ordinary hat. :D

Possibly... But they'd have 'style', and not look as though they shopped @ Oxfam...

To you they might look bad but I don't see how anyone could think they look like they've shopped in a charity shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom