Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 5: January 2013 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. There's nothing wrong with wearing short skirts, but there's an extreme, and this is definitely it.

Right..... When there is nothing but a skimpy piece of fabric between the lower half of your body, and the outside world, that's too extreme.

I think the skirt is fine - I have seem much shorter on girls in school uniforms here.

Right..... When there is nothing but a skimpy piece of fabric between the lower half of your body, and the outside world, that's too extreme.

I'm with you. The scary part is, I'm sure somewhere it is available in child sizes. And people wonder why so many young girls have no self-respect and parade around dressed like tramps...

I'm with you. The scary part is, I'm sure somewhere it is available in child sizes. And people wonder why so many young girls have no self-respect and parade around dressed like tramps...

You think Beatrice is dressed like a tramp? If a leather skirt is available in child sizes in your country, then America is definitely getting it wrong. Young girls have no self respect?! Speak for yourself why don't you. Barely anyone knows who Beatrice is let alone what she wears.

You guys are hilarious! It's the fashion. It's be worse if she wasn't wearing tights, then you would have a reason to complain.

Shes a young woman and this is young womens fashion. I think she looks rather good though it probably would have been completely transformed if she had worn her hair up. But hey she is on a night out and looking like any other young woman on a night out. She obviously wears longer hemlines when she is on official business. For me its actually a relief to see her wearing something of her age. I think often she looks too conservative.

I love the red dress very cute....IMO

She looks good in the short skirt she is young and should look it every now and then. I also like the red dress.

That is definitely not the extreme when it comes to short skirts. Some of you need to become acquainted with the micro mini.
I honestly don't know what is with this board wanting young woman to dress like they are 50 or 60.

Dressing modestly/conservatively does not mean you are dressing like you are 50 or 60.

LaRae

And wearing a short skirt on a night out doesn't equate extreme. The young women in the BRF are going to wear clothes that they and othr women their age find fashionable and appropriate. Actually for a night out her outfit is conservative.

Dressing modestly/conservatively does not mean you are dressing like you are 50 or 60.

LaRae

Why does she has to dress "conservatively"? She is young; she wears suitable clothes for her age and she looks good. This is normal clothing length for girls of her age in the UK.

It's a shame that has become 'normal'. Not quite sure why women want to walk around half dressed.

LaRae

She isn't half dressed - that is a real exaggeration.

It must to a cultural thing - nearly all those who don't like it are from the US (plus 1 that doesn't say).

It isn't an age thing cos I am getting on a bit now.

Last edited:
A skirt that short is being half dressed.

LaRae

In your opinion - it is the norm for girls of Beatrice's age here in Australia on a night out - or even to wear them to school - that length and shorter are regularly seen being worn as school uniforms.

That is definitely not the extreme when it comes to short skirts. Some of you need to become acquainted with the micro mini.
I honestly don't know what is with this board wanting young woman to dress like they are 50 or 60.

I agree. Young women should dress like young women not like their mothers. Wearing a short skirt is not necessarily immodest.

She isn't half dressed - that is a real exaggeration.

It must to a cultural thing - nearly all those who don't like it are from the US (plus 1 that doesn't say).

It isn't an age thing cos I am getting on a bit now.

I don't get it. It's a weird prudish thing.

I'm an American and I think she looks fine, have no problem with the length of the skirt. Half dressed good lord; clearly some people haven't been to a club if you think Beatrice is half dressed.

Half dressed your kidding? That is the usual legnth these days I've seen many way shorter then that. It's normal and there is nothing wrong with it nothing is showing that shouldn't be. What do you want her to be dressed from head to toe and maybe show a daring ankle every now and then? That is so 100 years ago and not going to happen.

I agree. Young women should dress like young women not like their mothers. Wearing a short skirt is not necessarily immodest.

If we go back 40 years to when their mothers were girls this skirt would almost have been 'long' then.

Beatrice in red and black at Gabrielle's Gala 2013 in London on May 2nd:

** Full view ** Upper part **

This is a lovely look. She looks age-appropriate, but also lady-like.

LaRae

Absolutely! I'm still very far from fifty or sixty, but I do tend to dress in a conservative and modest manner. Thankfully, I've only received compliments on what I wear, and it looks nothing like things from the wardrobes or my mother, or grandmother.

A skirt that short is being half dressed.

LaRae

Clearly you need to get out more and see what young women are wearing in the 21st century. That skirt is no where near to being short or half dressed when compared to what their contemporaries are wearing on nights out.

I think both young women look quite lovely.

Improving but the pattern on Beatrice's dress is a bit blinding.

The jacket Eugenie is wearing is a bit too tight. Give them 8 for trying.

:previous:
The hats are odd indeed, especially Princess Beatrice's one. Princess Eugenie's wedges do not look particularly flattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom