Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 5: January 2013 - May 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Will someone please introduce Beatrice and Eugenie to Gok Wan, and quickly! Beatrice has lost all that weight and would look fabulous in just about anything.......except that outfit. Why would she wear that outfit? Did she raid her mother's wardrobe? And Eugenie needs to be told that if she wants to wear bright, figure hugging clothes like that she would do well to lose a bit of weight. She also needs to allow someone else do her hair; I think she cuts it herself, too. It doesn't look she's washed it for days, either. They both look a mess and Cressida looks great. Maybe the York girls did it for a joke to make Cressie shine.

Venom? Fat-shaming? Come on, now! This is a fashion and style thread. It's here for us to talk about what people wear and how they look. It's all about appearance. If you think Eugenie looks good in that mauve dress, that's fine, but I don't and I'm not afraid to say why. And I'm sure as hell not speaking as a woman who munches on salad leaves for lunch and drinks only water for fear of putting on an extra ounce or so. Like many women, including Eugenie & Beatrice's mother, I have had a struggle with my weight my entire adult life, and I am very aware of what styles suit me and camouflage the parts of me I don't want to emphasise. Different styles and lines can make a huge difference.

Take a look at that photo of Eugenie in that tight dress and tell me you don't see the bulges around her hips and upper arms. Be honest. She chose to wear a dress that highlights her hourglass shape and allows those bulges to show. Sarah does the same thing. That's fine. It's their right. If they have sufficient self-confidence to not squirm when they see photographs of themselves in tight, inappropriate, clothes, good for them. I think they both should choose styles and colours that suit their shape and don't emphasise their weak points. That's my opinion. I'm not saying either of them should lose weight, just that they should choose clothes with lines that elongate and slim the figure, and don't emphasise the bulges. If you want to pull the PC card and denounce me for "fat-shaming", go ahead. I'm not going to feel guilty for what I say and I'm not going to stop stating my opinion.

I called it fat-shaming as you did say she should be told she needed to lose weight to wear that dress in your original post as above. Saying a young woman (or man) should lose weight is seen as fat shaming in the media I read (I am in my late 30's and some of the media I read would be seen as pro-feminist I will admit).

I do agree though with your last post that it is about taste and choosing the clothes to fit your body type. The dress is not the best thing she has worn and I am not fond of it but I just think we should comment on the clothes and not the actual body size.

Not related to your post Roslyn as you didn't say this but I wonder why the York girls are fair game for this kind of comment whereas if people make the same weight comments about Kate or CP Mary (fat or thin) then it is rightly jumped on.

I called it fat-shaming as you did say she should be told she needed to lose weight to wear that dress in your original post as above. Saying a young woman (or man) should lose weight is seen as fat shaming in the media I read (I am in my late 30's and some of the media I read would be seen as pro-feminist I will admit).

As I understand it, the expression tends to be used by overweight people in a defensive manner. From personal experience I can say that when one is overweight it's no bad thing to feel pressure to lose a bit of it. It works as incentive. There are many sound medical reasons to do so and I do think Eugenie would look better if she lost a bit of weight. And so would Sarah. Beatrice certainly looks better for having done so.

However my criticism of Eugenie is, and was in that post, directed to what she choose to wear and the advice she receives (or doesn't receive) about what suits her. Do you honestly think that form-fitting, hour-glass-body-shape-emphasising dress suits her? If saying that is "fat-shaming", so be it.

Not related to your post Roslyn as you didn't say this but I wonder why the York girls are fair game for this kind of comment whereas if people make the same weight comments about Kate or CP Mary (fat or thin) then it is rightly jumped on.

Perhaps the problem is that people are jumped on for stating their honest opinions either way.

As I understand it, the expression tends to be used by overweight people in a defensive manner. From personal experience I can say that when one is overweight it's no bad thing to feel pressure to lose a bit of it. It works as incentive. There are many sound medical reasons to do so and I do think Eugenie would look better if she lost a bit of weight. And so would Sarah. Beatrice certainly looks better for having done so.

However my criticism of Eugenie is, and was in that post, directed to what she choose to wear and the advice she receives (or doesn't receive) about what suits her. Do you honestly think that form-fitting, hour-glass-body-shape-emphasising dress suits her? If saying that is "fat-shaming", so be it.

Perhaps the real problem is that people are jumped on for stating their honest opinions either way.

:previous: Oh yeah! Gotcha!!

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom