The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

She could have aced the tiara hair the first time. Its not about it being her first and now second/third time. It's about using a stylist who doesn't understand how to style hair for a tiara and how to place it. Looking at other first time princesses, Stephanie of Lux comes to mind, she rocked a tiara the first time. Having a friend who is a stylist it might seem nice to support them and use them, but it seems she needs someone else for tiara events, who understands what is needed.

Old 12-12-2015, 11:00 PM
Nobility

I may be wrong but I think I read at the time of the wedding that Sofia's hairdresser (and friend) was one of the top stylists in Stockholm. I don't know enough about "tiara protocol" to know what is right or wrong or if there is a right or wrong. Personally I really like the emeralds and diamonds. I don't know if the comments re poor placement of the tiara are about personal preference or proper protocol.

Old 12-13-2015, 02:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I wonder if people told Queen Victoria her tiara had just been "plonked" on her head and that she should change her hairstyle and wear the tiara differently? Queen Alexandra also went for the "plonked" look, though her tiaras were plonked on top of mounds of curls, and Queen Mary did the same at times.

For Sofia, I think it's just a different way of wearing a tiara. Not wrong, just different. Most women these days wear their tiaras framing their heads/hairstyles. Sofia has fine, dead straight hair and at the moment is wearing it parted in the middle the way Queen Victoria did, and this means her tiara is plonked on top. I, too, have fine, dead straight hair, and that sort of hair does not stay in good condition for long if you tease it and plaster it down with hair spray. The worst part is having to brush it out afterwards, which can not only take a very long time but also be painful. I fully understand why she would favour this less damaging option for her hair.
I agree. She is just wearing the tiara differently, and I think her way of wearing the tiara suits her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I am clearly in the minority on this point but I think Sofia looks perfectly fine. Actually I think she looks quite lovely.
Then it is a minority of two (though we have compadres on this). I like her look. She's hitting her stride. Can't wait to see the baby. Should be a beauty.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:25 AM
Majesty

did madeleine lend her dress of the 1st day to sofia to use the following day? it looks the same to me.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-14-2015, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
did madeleine lend her dress of the 1st day to sofia to use the following day? it looks the same to me.
Watch them ccarefully and you will see the have different skirt shape
Old 12-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Picking up the Xmas tree

very pretty dress
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...41085756_o.jpg
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...56237685_o.jpg
Old 12-16-2015, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Fun pattern.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

Seems like a good dress.. For spring or summer.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

At first glance I agree that the colours are more suitable for warmer months, but perhaps the fabric is a light wool, which would make it fine for winter; but, if that's the case, I would prefer the jacket to be in that deep green colour that's in the dress. My main gripe is that I don't think the dress looks right with all that black.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm not fond of this outfit on the princess. It certainly has a lot of black, as stated, and the dress doesn't appear to be all that flattering. Her hair and pretty smile go a long way!
Old 12-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent

When I first saw they pic I thought, even for a moment, she was Kate. I think it was the jacket and the hair who betrayed me! Anyway, the dress is nice but not for a chrismas time and for a pregnant woman IMO.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Very beautiful outfit....a real beauty !
Old 12-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Sofia wore that jacket to the opening of parliament in 2014.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Well done Sophia. The high waist with the pleated bottom hides a multitude of sins and in this case, the jacket still nips in at the waist at the back but the pleats make it flare or spread to make it look fitting rather than spreading and hitching up in the front.

The front looks wonderful and while I think the dress is more summer than winter, I think it is a case of what fits and to be honest, I like that she has worn what look like black support hose rather than black tights. It gives the whole ensemble a lighter touch.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Nobility

This outfit is a mismatch. A summer dress of a blue pattern covered by a black fall jacket. I don't get why Sofia stays away from maternity clothes, especially when there are designers that make flattering mom-to-be clothes.
Old 12-17-2015, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe she wants to limit the number of maternity clothes she buys and is wearing what she can fit into as long as she can fit into it.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems that some pregnant women shy away from maternity clothes these days. I have no idea why - when I was pregnant I could not stand anything form fitting around my belly.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Some women its a financial situation. They don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe especially when body is changing weekly, that they will only wear a few months.

A lot of women do wear maternity clothes. They just have modernized over the years and don't scream maternity like even 20 years ago.

Sofia has no such problem. She has the money to buy maternity clothes. And she certainly could have come up with a fresh modern looking maternity dress. Or if she didn't want to go that route, an outfit actually suited to the season.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Serene Highness

The dress is green, blue and white. It's almost winter and blue and white are generally considered cool colors. Green is for the festive season.
Using imagination the pattern can look a bit like floes or icicles.

I think it's a pretty dress and wearing the rest in black gives her just that bit of sharpness - it prevents the eyes from dazzling like mine would if she had not worn the jacket.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:48 AM
Serene Highness

There are no seasons when it comes to clothing, many people extend their wardrobes by wearing summer clothe like Sophia with a warmer piece. I think she looks nice .

Tags
princess sofia, princess sofia fashion, princess sofia maternity wear, princess sofia pregnancy style, princess sofia style, royal fashion