The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2015, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It is better than last year, definitely. But not very good. For that kind of price one should have had a far more beautiful dress. The top part is okay but the skirt part with the flowers ruins the dress. And once again she doesn't have her sash well put.
Can't she look at the mirror when she puts a brooch to her sash?
http://media.shootitlive.com/LlRgM2j...expressen/2105
she is sitting and more pregnant, you want to put it where your brooch?

Old 12-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest View Post
she is sitting and more pregnant, you want to put it where your brooch?
I meant that she should have put the brooch in the middle of the sash. Now it looks bad and doesn't give the gorgeus brooch the place it deserves.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

After seeing this dress full length, I have to say the I'm not a fan. The cut outs are not necessary and the top looks cheap. But I will agree that it is better than last year. That dress was just plain awful.
Old 12-10-2015, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I meant that she should have put the brooch in the middle of the sash. Now it looks bad and doesn't give the gorgeus brooch the place it deserves.
it is unbelievable that to make a reflection on sofia, you have hit hard.

Because yes, I think she has looked in a mirror, and there is nothing worse in she than in others.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

I really like this gown on her, the style is nice with the small cap sleeves, and I think that it can be reused again with the waist part taken in for future use. Any gown worn by any royal lady is going to cost for designers see the money walking through the door, so there should be a way to reuse all these gowns that the ladies wear for other formal events. I would like to see her wear this again and maybe shorten the hem a bit so she does not trip on it.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Usually "By Malina" 's outifts are not that expensive in comparison with others...
Old 12-10-2015, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I so much love when she wears that wonderful emerald tiara ! <3
Old 12-10-2015, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It is better than last year, definitely. But not very good. For that kind of price one should have had a far more beautiful dress. The top part is okay but the skirt part with the flowers ruins the dress. And once again she doesn't have her sash well put.
Can't she look at the mirror when she puts a brooch to her sash?
http://media.shootitlive.com/LlRgM2j...expressen/2105
I think you are being both a little harsh and a little impractical. When faced with a sheer chiffon(?) top Victoria placed her sash underneath it, whereas Sofia moved the brooch down to the top of the satin(?) to anchor it.

Pinning a sash let alone an even heavier brooch to such fragile material merely makes it pull and sag. Sofia took a leaf from her sister-in-law's book and worked outside the box. On the other plus side, her order is perfectly placed.

I love the sheer femininity of this gown with its quite surprising volume in the skirt. Colours such as this focus us on the person and for kudos for wearing such a lovely maternity evening gown for only her second "big night out'. I have to admit I was a little iffy about the chiffon and beaded top, but a full-length look shows how both elegant and dainty the gown looks on her.

I'd call this a win. Far better than last year and she looks far more self-confident. She's learning fast and acquiting herself well.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

If you closely look at that pic in the photo LadyFinn linked, it appears that the brooch is pinned (or could, and should, have been, IMO) to the heavier taffeta part of her dress and not to the sheer bit. The sash doesn't seem to be sagging and it therefore appears - to me, anyway - that the pin was not put in the centre of the sash but to the right side. I suppose it could be an optical illusion, but I don't think so.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Better pictures. Much better outfit than last year.
http://media.shootitlive.com/NQpPD6F...expressen/2105
Really beautiful. She is doing well. Good choice in dress imo given she is pregnant.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the dress, very classic odlarenta. Good idea for maternity at this point she will be able to use it as a normal evening dress
Old 12-11-2015, 12:36 AM
Aristocracy

I imagine it's a steep learning curve for her, but she's adapting admirably. She looks good, and I think next year she'll look even better.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:47 AM
Serene Highness

I really like her overall look! Great dress (looove the neckline), hair and jewels!
Great, that she got the matching earrings with the tiara.
BYe Bine
Old 12-11-2015, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree overal look is very beautiful!
Old 12-11-2015, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I liked the gown, well not completely. The color is lovely but not for the event. The top part and the cut of the dress is very pretty but the top part embellishments doesn't work with the cutout on the bottom of the dress.
Her tiara is sitting a bit to far back on her head and thats a wrong hairstyle for a tiara IMO.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:04 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I agree, the top part is very nicely done. A big improvement with last year, though I assume she could spend more money on the dress this time.

Is the dress black or very dark blue btw?
Old 12-11-2015, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator

I think the gown is a very dark midnight/inky blue. It's a lovely dress - I like the top with this embellishments and I like the skirt with that pattern, but somehow not both together!
Old 12-11-2015, 03:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I think you are being both a little harsh and a little impractical. When faced with a sheer chiffon(?) top Victoria placed her sash underneath it, whereas Sofia moved the brooch down to the top of the satin(?) to anchor it.

Pinning a sash let alone an even heavier brooch to such fragile material merely makes it pull and sag. Sofia took a leaf from her sister-in-law's book and worked outside the box. On the other plus side, her order is perfectly placed.

I love the sheer femininity of this gown with its quite surprising volume in the skirt. Colours such as this focus us on the person and for kudos for wearing such a lovely maternity evening gown for only her second "big night out'. I have to admit I was a little iffy about the chiffon and beaded top, but a full-length look shows how both elegant and dainty the gown looks on her.

I'd call this a win. Far better than last year and she looks far more self-confident. She's learning fast and acquiting herself well.
totally agree with you on the whole,
Old 12-11-2015, 05:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Prefer it in red! And I prefer it to Victoria's maternity outfit.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I like Sofia's dress but hairstyle/tiara/placing of the tiara is just horrible.
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...2015/12/43.png

Tags
princess sofia, princess sofia fashion, princess sofia maternity wear, princess sofia pregnancy style, princess sofia style, royal fashion