The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2017, 09:26 AM
Majesty

horrible. that dress looks ugly and cheap. the fit is also most poor.
one of the worst outfits of sofia in (at least) this current year - i'd be inclined to put it in her worst ever, honestly.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I quite like Sofia's dress but the pattern does appear to be busy at a first glance. I'm not a fan of her hat though, it's too big and awkward for me.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-14-2017, 10:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
The dress is fine.
The hat, its design is okay to me, the real problem is the placement. It is so big and Sofia places it on her forehead It covers her face! Slightly backward position may look better.

I thought the very same thing when I first saw the picture of her in that hat, it is to big for the shape of her face and put on to much to one side. I actually like the hat as I am a hat lady and have many hats........over all the dress is nice on her, just place the hat at a different angle or a smaller wide brim hate would be nice. At least she is trying hats now.......which is a good thing.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Majesty

And later at the concert

http://media.shootitlive.com/ZfVN3JY...expressen/2835
Old 07-14-2017, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like her dress! She and Madeleine are wearing almost matching shoes.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Now this is a much better maternity dress!
And yes, she and Madeleine have very similar shoes. I guess they know from earlier years that high heals and this lawn is a bad match :)
Old 07-14-2017, 05:12 PM
Heir Apparent

That dress is SO MUCH better!

LaRae
Old 07-14-2017, 05:22 PM
Serene Highness

This dress is lovely! Much better than the earlier choice. I like when she pulls her hair back, too.

Her husband, OTOH, needs to either get a haircut or find a style that doesn't involve so much product. The top of his head is gleaming!
Old 07-14-2017, 09:30 PM
Nobility

i really like the dress and hat combination.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Except for the hat, her two outfits were fine. Her hair was nicely styled but the wedges can be hard to walk in when pregnant.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Except the hat she was very elegant!
OK, I wasn't really sold on the dress but there was nothing dreadful, ill fitting or ugly about it. Now the hat, that was a work of art that needed to be either smaller or set back slightly from where she placed it. That way we would have easily seen her face.

Sofia really pulled out the stops for the concert and she looked great. Hair, dress, shoes, all pretty and practical.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Majesty

Her day dress was lovely color. But the pattern was too busy on her pregnant frame. Be good post pregnant.

The host was a mess. It would be great if it was smaller, too big on her head, and set right. Kind of Hephburn feeling. But even if smaller, doesn't suit dress, mismatch in style.

The concert she looked great Fit and great style. I love the print.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
OK, I wasn't really sold on the dress but there was nothing dreadful, ill fitting or ugly about it. Now the hat, that was a work of art that needed to be either smaller or set back slightly from where she placed it. That way we would have easily seen her face.

Sofia really pulled out the stops for the concert and she looked great. Hair, dress, shoes, all pretty and practical.
You have echoed my thoughts about the Hat, which clearly is not well placed on the Princess Sophia's head. I do wonder whether such people put on their own hats or whether a well meaning but clearly incompetent hair dresser sets it on what is definitely not the right spot. Ideas anyone?
Old 07-15-2017, 02:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sofias both outfits were pretty. The only downside in the morning outfit was her hat, it wasn't pretty and she didn't wear it well.
Old 07-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that both of her dresses are pretty. But lets face it. Her hat was a disaster.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I love both dresses and thought she looked amazing at church .. I like the hat!
Old 07-15-2017, 03:03 PM
Courtier

The outfit is stunning! I don't agree that the dress and hat aren't a good match, I think they make up a perfect combination and outfit. When I first saw the hat I thought it was a masterpiece, very sculptural. The only thing is that it could have been placed different, further back or at different angle, I don't know.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Commoner

Her dress is fine, but I think the hat is too big for her frame. The concert dress and the shoes are pretty much perfect for the occasion and place, well done!
Old 07-16-2017, 11:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The outfit is stunning! I don't agree that the dress and hat aren't a good match, I think they make up a perfect combination and outfit. When I first saw the hat I thought it was a masterpiece, very sculptural. The only thing is that it could have been placed different, further back or at different angle, I don't know.
I quite agree with you about the dress and hat, that hat is a work of art, I tried to make a hat once, the result nobody will ever see thank goodness. I just think that it is placed wrong on her head, a different angle as you say would be better. It is very nice to see her trying different things in dressing and hats now......she is a beautiful young lady with those gorgeous blue eyes, she is finding her way and that takes time and some mistakes as we all do in life, I call it 2nd chances and she gets that.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg

not a good look for the family picture, the outfit doesnt match.

Tags
princess sofia, princess sofia fashion, princess sofia maternity wear, princess sofia pregnancy style, princess sofia style, royal fashion