The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-19-2016, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Love the color but the fit is wrong and the busy bodice does not flatter her.

LaRae

Old 02-19-2016, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree, color looks great on her. Fit though is off, and the lacey bust area is not a good look, too busy. Length seems odd, like it is meant to be a knee length dress but for a taller woman. But she looks good in red.

Old 02-19-2016, 08:19 PM
Nobility

I really like the dress. Color suits her so well. On other sites there are lovely photos. As usual some show the outfit really well and others show the worst angle. They are one happy couple IMO.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:02 PM
Nobility

I think Sofia should have broke down and bought maternity clothes. Here is this dress from the back. To me it doesn't look good; too tight in the wrong areas and it doesn't look zipped up in the back (see the back neckline):

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-N2mz7TE42...n-Silvia-8.jpg
Old 02-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I can only agree with everyone else, the dress is far too tight and the front looks too much like a bra. Middle parting hairstyle is not Sofias friend.
Great colour though.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not loving the new dress but its a nice color.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 02-20-2016, 12:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I can only agree with you, Duke. The jacket isn't doing her any favors either. She needs help with her styling choices..
Old 02-20-2016, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't liking the lacey bust from the front, it looks even worse in the back like she is wearing a bib. And dress looks even tighter. I agree Duke, it looks like it isn't all the way zipped. Really the color is the only favor.
Old 02-20-2016, 04:13 AM
Serene Highness

The red color is wonderful but the sleeves and dress are too long. Lace panel seems to be an afterthought to boost the basic sheath style.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

That lacy red dress does not convince me. And I think that straight hair flatters her much better than curly hair.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess maggie View Post
I really like the dress. Color suits her so well. On other sites there are lovely photos. As usual some show the outfit really well and others show the worst angle. They are one happy couple IMO.

I totally agree.
The color is particularly well to her.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:38 AM
Serene Highness

I completely disagree with the comments so far. She looks great!

The fit is perfectly fine - I haven't seen any pulling or straining in any of the fabric.

Lace is "busy" now? Monochromatic lace?
Old 02-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not a fan of the lace at the top of Sofia's dress, but apart from that it's nice.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-03-2016, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Sofia during Te Deum:

http://media.shootitlive.com/P8SllAQ...expressen/2156
http://media.shootitlive.com/X5Lwvpr...expressen/2156
Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia's dress for Te Deum was a totally wrong choice while compared to the outfits of other ladies. The dress looks cheap, the fabric is very thin, the dress is too tight and has wrinkles. A coat over it would have saved something at the outfit.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0500010050...57004282221297
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0600010090...70057872215763
Old 03-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Courtier

This does not look like a maternity dress. Unfortunately it is ill-fitting and not really suitable for this occasion. The fascinator also looks a bit silly. A simple hairdo with the hair up and perhaps a bow or a flower in her hair would've done nicely.

http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...b/_AWX6289.JPG
Old 03-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I like the dress, but I don't think it is suitable for this occasion; and yes, it seems a bit ill-fitting, but given the advanced stage of the pregnancy is understandable.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia's dress for Te Deum was a totally wrong choice while compared to the outfits of other ladies. The dress looks cheap, the fabric is very thin, the dress is too tight and has wrinkles. A coat over it would have saved something at the outfit.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
And why she has to follow the others, and put of the dark, which for me is too much darkened for the occasion.
For me good color, I like the detail of the lace and good length. As against the fabric pulls a little.
Quite agree with the comments of Expressen.

Så många getingar får kungliga kläderna | Allt om mode
Old 03-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Not my favourite dress, but any highly pregnant woman who can dress upp for an official engagement and walk around in high heels just weeks before the delivery gets a free pass in my book.

So was it great? Nope. Was it inappropriate? Of course it wasn't. No problem in that department.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Not my favourite dress, but any highly pregnant woman who can dress upp for an official engagement and walk around in high heels just weeks before the delivery gets a free pass in my book.

So was it great? Nope. Was it inappropriate? Of course it wasn't. No problem in that department.
I agree with your comments.

Tags
princess sofia, princess sofia fashion, princess sofia maternity wear, princess sofia pregnancy style, princess sofia style, royal fashion