The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-03-2016, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Not a fan...I see that and all I can think is 70's lame fabric...

LaRae

Old 02-03-2016, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Why is she due one? They had a beautiful one purchased for her. I don't see why she shouldn't wear it. Madeleine usually wears the modern fringe to everything. She has been allowed to wear other jewelry from the collection so it isn't like she is being snubbed.

Old 02-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the color is wrong for her but its not bad. Love her tiara!!
Old 02-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Not bad, but just on the edge of too tight. She has very good posture
Old 02-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I love the way she wears that tiara ... I like the dress on her I don't think it looks cheap at all she looks charming IMO
Old 02-03-2016, 11:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The dress looks like a tight fit. What I don't get is why would Sofia borrow a gown from one of her friends? As a princess she has access to many designers who would have lent her a gown for exposure, or she could have recycled one of her gowns from the Nobels.
why not? no one in the public would know this is a borrowed dress (only us, who follow royalty, can tell of the repeats). sofia seems to be quite thrifty in her clothing choices (at least as of now). she has borrowed clothes from victoria and madeleine and also used clothes from medium priced high street brands, so maybe she just feels happy not spending huge sums of money on her wardrobe just yet. i think it is commendable that she is brave enough to use borrowed clothes and doesn't feel that she just needs have the latest fashion just to dazzle the press and be a good princess. well done to her, i must say.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-04-2016, 12:21 AM
Serene Highness

I quite like it - it's modern, and I like that she is comfortable and confident enough to show off her bump.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
why not? no one in the public would know this is a borrowed dress (only us, who follow royalty, can tell of the repeats). sofia seems to be quite thrifty in her clothing choices (at least as of now). she has borrowed clothes from victoria and madeleine and also used clothes from medium priced high street brands, so maybe she just feels happy not spending huge sums of money on her wardrobe just yet. i think it is commendable that she is brave enough to use borrowed clothes and doesn't feel that she just needs have the latest fashion just to dazzle the press and be a good princess. well done to her, i must say.
The news that the dress is borrowed from a friend, came from the reporters of Expressen and Svensk Damtidning. To use a friend's dress, maybe that is ok for a princess. But to use a dress which that friend wore at a royal event, is a little bit weird.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:41 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The dress looks like a tight fit. What I don't get is why would Sofia borrow a gown from one of her friends? As a princess she has access to many designers who would have lent her a gown for exposure, or she could have recycled one of her gowns from the Nobels. And still no apparent access to Bernadotte family tiaras. Eights months as a royal - I think she's due one.
and why can not borrow from a friend? what a difference a designer or a friend?
Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Maternity evening wear isn't something that she needs alot of - Id say Sofia thought why not borrow this dress when it fits the bump at this stage as maybe she will not need another gala dress for this rest of the pregnancy. Its thrift and a wise option.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I read on twitter that it is not true that the dress was borrowed. But I couldn't care less. Borrowed or not it looked reallt cheap and tacky. That's a pity because I quite liked the sparkling shade.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

she looked like a disco ball.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:23 PM
Majesty

Ouch! I don't know if it is a new gown or borrowed from her friend. Common sense would point toward it being borrowed and why not? I love the way the Swedish Royal Ladies mix and match with each other's wardrobes, it is both sensible and rather sweet.

That Sofia should borrow a gala maternity gown is also sweet. After all, what are the chances her girlfriend would ever have the opportunity to wear it again? She might be invited to something gala involving Sofia and Carl Philip some time in the future, but what are the chances she will be pregnant again at the same time?
Old 02-04-2016, 10:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I read on twitter that it is not true that the dress was borrowed. But I couldn't care less. Borrowed or not it looked reallt cheap and tacky. That's a pity because I quite liked the sparkling shade.
Its not true it was borrowed from the friend who was reported, Carolina. But that is the identical dress to one of her other friends wore to her wedding. So she either borrowed it or bought a duplicate which if she was going to spend the money on a new gown, I don't see her buying an identical gown.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
she looked like a disco ball.
Well, she is after all with child. Never tell any pregnant she looks like any "ball," especially within her hearing range😡😠 😈. The damage she inflicts on you will be of your on doing 😨. My advice: don't do it - just don't...
Old 02-05-2016, 02:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
Well, she is after all with child. Never tell any pregnant she looks like any "ball," especially within her hearing range😡😠 😈. The damage she inflicts on you will be of your on doing 😨. My advice: don't do it - just don't...
To be honest, my comment has nothing to do with her pregancy. The material of the dress looks like a disco ball, maybe that's better.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Aristocracy

I agree with Pranter, it looks like cheap 1970s lame fabric, the kind you would see on every young 'Dancing Queen' at the local disco back then (maybe that's the 'disco ball' feeling you're talking about):

https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/179018153915854706/

It's so thin and just inexpensive looking IMO. I know it's the thing nowadays to show off that baby bump, and kudos for her being confident enough to do it, I just think there are lots of nicer ways of showing the bump without looking like you're going to pop a seam when you sit down.

Again, just my old-fashioned opinion.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia's dress is once again also too long for her.
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...-e-950x0-2.jpg
http://static1.purepeople.com/articl...-e-950x0-2.jpg
Old 02-05-2016, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

It seems to be the fashion for evening dresses to be so long that they drag along the ground like that. It looks ridiculous to me. Imagine how dirty the hem could get!
Old 02-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The news that the dress is borrowed from a friend, came from the reporters of Expressen and Svensk Damtidning. To use a friend's dress, maybe that is ok for a princess. But to use a dress which that friend wore at a royal event, is a little bit weird.
The royal use well the same clothes in several royal events, I do not see differences, if it is the friend who wore it in another royal event.

But it is just because it is Sofia. So you have to criticize. Everything she wears, what she does ..
Annoying to see the same scenario reproduce every time. With the same people. I talk to people who like Victoria and believe necessary to criticize Sofia and fill Victoria praise.

And not need to tell me that I am 'a fan', I am 'a fan' of nobody. I just do not see the need to come and criticize all the time, someone I do not like. In general, if the person does not interest me, well I zappes.

Last thing, everybody in it straight ahead to say his its opinion, which we like or not, a garment. It is normal, to each his own. I speak people who are there, because it is Sofia.

Tags
princess sofia, princess sofia fashion, princess sofia maternity wear, princess sofia pregnancy style, princess sofia style, royal fashion