Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the outfit except for the bow. That should of been left off.

LaRae

Here's the jacket and the dress from the Project Playground event:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w22mjhSI...Sofia-wore-MORRIS-ophelia-faux-fur-jacket.jpg

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yMIFgucV...A/s290/Princess-Sofia-wore-Greta-Rose+gown.jp

The overall ensemble looks too informal for a black tie event. The jacket is more suited for jeans or good quality leather pants, good for clubbing. Evening coat would have been better. The dress is not maternity, so it appears Sofia went up a size. The floral print makes it look like a beach dress, or something more suitable for a less formal event. Points for not breaking the bank for this outfit (667.65 USD); it could have had a more elegant image with the right accessories (pieces from the Bernadotte collection or a renowned jeweler), or the dress in a solid dark color for evening wear.

Last edited:
At this point of the pregnancy it is not easy to find comfortable dresses, but that tent she wore was appropriate for a beach party, a night out with friends maybe etc. The jacket doesn't help, since it looks heavy and too big for her...

Have to agree. While both pieces are not bad, definitely not appropriate for the event she was attending. Nor as pregnancy clothes. The dress may have worked if a solid color and different coat, with some jewelry.

Still think the print makes the dress too casual for a formal evening event, but definitely looks better without the jacket.

Perhaps not the beach but other than the length it is not formal. Its very casual. Something you could very well see someone wearing when on vacation.

Perhaps not the beach but other than the length it is not formal. Its very casual. Something you could very well see someone wearing when on vacation.

The flowery effect perhaps gives that impression, yes.
But the dress is very fluid, I think that at this stage, especially looking for something where you feel comfortable.

I actually like the dress for this stage of her maternity. JMO.
But I have always though someone needs to explain to her that adding a jacket/blazer does not necessary dress an outfit up. Not all long dresses benefit from a jacket - even it that jacket is styled for evening.
I just think she's really cute, plucky and pregnant. Good for her to go out if she is comfortable with that.

Very pretty dress....b etter without the jacket !

I want to like it...but I just don't find it that pretty or flattering.

LaRae

The pattern is what throws me off the most. If she really liked the style, going with it in a straight color, and with the right accessories, would have made a lot of difference. May not have still been a fave but would have looked more evening appropriate.

Here is the dress in a dark solid color. From the site there are a few color options for the dress.
https://gretaonline.com/shop/dresses/rose-gown/

While the jacket isn't a good match for the dress she definitely needs something to keep her warm. It's still very cold here in Sweden.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Great dress, the neckline and sleeves flatter and the side sash is a good accent and adds a little verticality. One of the best late stage pregnancy dresses I've seen

Looks so much better without the jacket I really like it. I bet it was comfortable to wear which is the main thing for her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It is a nice dress which would have looked good on Sofia at some party with her friends in the end of the summer. But it doesn't look good on a pregnant Sofia. It doesn't fall down nicely and it is too informal for an event where she was the honorary guest. She could have picked up some real maternity dress without print. And to combine this dress with a faux fur jacket is an odd combination.

Maybe a bit too informal for the event but I think she looked really nice

i think i will be glad when Sofia has this baby and her pregnancy wardrobe is put away - she hasn't had he greatest success with handling style and fashion choices and her pregnancy - it took Victoria awhile to get the right balance in pregnancy fashion after her bad choices during Estelle's pregnancy so maybe next time round Sofia will have learnt some lessons and know what to avoid and what suits her

A fun top.

Very nice look, looks like a long white maternity shirt with a black lacy sweater on top.
High ponytail looks good. Not long now!

Sofia's top isn't to my taste, but it suits her a lot and she herself looks great! In the second photo, it appears that she's not wearing makeup. If so, I think this is the first time I have seen her without it. :)

She sure is quite a trooper.

I don't particularly like her last maternity outfit, but I think the main reason is the pulled back ponytail. It certainly takes away the focus from the blouse and fix in on her forehead. Not very flattering.

She's so cute and what a lil' trooper! :flowers:

She sure is a trooper. When you consider she has been an "official" Member of the Royal Family for a mere 9 months it is quite remarkable how much she has settled into her roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom