Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sofia's silver dress looks nice and not too cheap. She looks gorgeous and is rocking that tiara.

I don't think she is rocking that tiara at all. Not at all flattering with her center part.

I don't think she is rocking that tiara at all. Not at all flattering with her center part.

Said it before and I'll say it again...I admire Sofia's loyalty to her Friend, but either that friend gets a Hairstyles and Proper Placement of Tiaras course from whomever does the Gala/Formal White Tie Events hair for the other Royal Women of the SRF and now, or she's got to use someone else for Tiara Events.

The real shame of it here is that IMO this Sofia's best Formal Event look since the Wedding. The Dress looked amazing on her and you could see where lil HRH is...hiding out for now...but not skin tight, therefore obvious, bit also not in it's way thanks to the design. ITA about the hem, but as has been mentioned, that seems to be the trend this Season, as many of the Dresses seen worn at the Golden Globes and SAG Awards also had the pooling effect.

I hate this new trend, as it seems to be an accident just waiting to happen to someone, but especially for Formal Maternity Wear. If it's true it was a borrowed gown, then not much could be done, but still a shame as it would have been a knock out look.

Even w/those two quibbles though, Sofia really did look stunning the other night. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Said it before and I'll say it again...I admire Sofia's loyalty to her Friend, but either that friend gets a Hairstyles and Proper Placement of Tiaras course from whomever does the Gala/Formal White Tie Events hair for the other Royal Women of the SRF and now, or she's got to use someone else for Tiara Events.

The real shame of it here is that IMO this Sofia's best Formal Event look since the Wedding. The Dress looked amazing on her and you could see where lil HRH is...hiding out for now...but not skin tight, therefore obvious, bit also not in it's way thanks to the design. ITA about the hem, but as has been mentioned, that seems to be the trend this Season, as many of the Dresses seen worn at the Golden Globes and SAG Awards also had the pooling effect.

I hate this new trend, as it seems to be an accident just waiting to happen to someone, but especially for Formal Maternity Wear. If it's true it was a borrowed gown, then not much could be done, but still a shame as it would have been a knock out look.

Even w/those two quibbles though, Sofia really did look stunning the other night. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
It's a funny thing about dresses that pool. I am not a germaphobe usually, but when I wear something with a hem that drags - it grosses me out. And that and tripping were the first things I thought about the look. Then I decided it was really cute. :p

It's a funny thing about dresses that pool. I am not a germaphobe usually, but when I wear something with a hem that drags - it grosses me out. And that and tripping were the first things I thought about the look. Then I decided it was really cute. :p

I agree. :flowers: Unless one knows one will always be indoors gliding across polished and clean floors, a dragging hem is not the way to go. The possibility of tripping is no minor matter, either. But if both those aspects were accounted for satisfactorily for Sofia, then why not. :)

Do you think Sofia went home and frantically tried to wash the hem in the powder room sink, using Woolite?

:previous: :lol: There is usually protective fabric strategically placed to allow for wear and tear (though my experience may not be the usual or universal). Palace Cleaners must know what's what. :p

I think she's outgrown that dress. It is a nice dress but for a much taller woman, imo.
She cant carry off that dress length, at least not right now. The jacket is not a good length for her either, imo, but at least she is saving money not buying a lot of new maternity coats.

Love the color but the fit is wrong and the busy bodice does not flatter her.

LaRae

I agree, color looks great on her. Fit though is off, and the lacey bust area is not a good look, too busy. Length seems odd, like it is meant to be a knee length dress but for a taller woman. But she looks good in red.

I really like the dress. Color suits her so well. On other sites there are lovely photos. As usual some show the outfit really well and others show the worst angle. They are one happy couple IMO.

I can only agree with everyone else, the dress is far too tight and the front looks too much like a bra. Middle parting hairstyle is not Sofias friend.
Great colour though.

I can only agree with you, Duke. The jacket isn't doing her any favors either. She needs help with her styling choices..

I wasn't liking the lacey bust from the front, it looks even worse in the back like she is wearing a bib. And dress looks even tighter. I agree Duke, it looks like it isn't all the way zipped. Really the color is the only favor.

The red color is wonderful but the sleeves and dress are too long. Lace panel seems to be an afterthought to boost the basic sheath style.

That lacy red dress does not convince me. And I think that straight hair flatters her much better than curly hair.

I really like the dress. Color suits her so well. On other sites there are lovely photos. As usual some show the outfit really well and others show the worst angle. They are one happy couple IMO.

I totally agree. :)
The color is particularly well to her.

I completely disagree with the comments so far. She looks great!

The fit is perfectly fine - I haven't seen any pulling or straining in any of the fabric.

Lace is "busy" now? Monochromatic lace?

I'm not a fan of the lace at the top of Sofia's dress, but apart from that it's nice.

I like the dress, but I don't think it is suitable for this occasion; and yes, it seems a bit ill-fitting, but given the advanced stage of the pregnancy is understandable.

Sofia's dress for Te Deum was a totally wrong choice while compared to the outfits of other ladies. The dress looks cheap, the fabric is very thin, the dress is too tight and has wrinkles. A coat over it would have saved something at the outfit.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

And why she has to follow the others, and put of the dark, which for me is too much darkened for the occasion.
For me good color, I like the detail of the lace and good length. As against the fabric pulls a little.
Quite agree with the comments of Expressen.

Så många getingar får kungliga kläderna | Allt om mode

Not my favourite dress, but any highly pregnant woman who can dress upp for an official engagement and walk around in high heels just weeks before the delivery gets a free pass in my book.

So was it great? Nope. Was it inappropriate? Of course it wasn't. No problem in that department.

Not my favourite dress, but any highly pregnant woman who can dress upp for an official engagement and walk around in high heels just weeks before the delivery gets a free pass in my book.

So was it great? Nope. Was it inappropriate? Of course it wasn't. No problem in that department.

I agree with your comments.

I agree. CPV had some tight fitting dresses in the last month also. Pretty hard to judge how much you are going to grow, the wee one makes that decision. Also as I have noted previously the photographers aren't always kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom