Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion: October 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This is the thread dedicated to Princess Sofia's Maternity Fashion!

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Prince Carl Phillip & Princess Sofia attend Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences’ Formal Gathering tonight. This is their first joint engagement since the announcement of Sofia’s pregnancy and the first time Sofia is wearing her Order of the Seraphim. | 23rd October 2015

http://36.media.tumblr.com/e213063c0a4e8772a36cc3c992edb819/tumblr_nwomfd2RZ31uyzbreo2_500.jpg
https://41.media.tumblr.com/e8c0f3a5965701f13750d8c4c39e89c4/tumblr_nwoo2bwb8j1uz040bo1_1280.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/99be88aba18240a5eadb7d8c405862c4/tumblr_nwomfd2RZ31uyzbreo3_400.jpg

Sources:
Their Royal Highnesses Post
Princess Sofia and Prince Carl Phillip attends The... - Royals of the world

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress looks like it is made from a very cheap material, it is too tight for such a solemn event, the colour doesn't suit her. And when she now finally has got her Order of the Seraphim, one would have of course hoped that she would have worn it on the right way. The Star is at the wrong place, she doesn't have the King's Miniature portrait and she obviously didn't have any brooches keeping the sash on it's place.
ROYPOR997A0061.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen
ROYPOR997A0012.jpg | Bernard Rübsamen
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/g...-attend-royal-swedish-20151023-152232-084.jpg

Photos from the same event in 2012, 2013 and 2014
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010070011Z14456261941129589
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010070021Z14456261941129589
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010070031Z14456261941129589

Last edited:
I think she looks lovely. I like the dress, colour, sparkle and style. Her hair looks very nice. The only things I'm not sure about are the long earrings.

I think the color is nice on her ...her makeup/hair look nice. Not crazy about the long earrings but everything looks appropriate. The dress is snug but it's not offensively so...we've seen the DoC wearing similarly snug clothing before.

LaRae

I like the colour of this dress. The design is not too bad, but if there had been a slight train or just a little fuller at hem it would have looked better.

:previous: I wonder why she wore the sash so long? If it was totally inappropriate, you'd think her husband would have told her. I'd have thought that she would have received instructions about the proper way to wear it at the time she received it, and if there were no specific requirements, she can wear it how she likes. Perhaps Sofia decided that, with that dress, the sash looked better longer.

I think that Sofia looks fine. I don't care for the colour of the dress and I'd prefer to have seen her in dark blue or some other darker colour, but that's just personal preference on my part. The dress is snug, but not obscenely tight. I also think it is a crepe fabric, which accounts for the "un-ironed" appearance of the bottom part of the skirt in one of the photos.

This pic has been taken at a wrong angle I think.... more would be necessary to judge...(my opinion of course)

Nothing wrong with the dress itself but she needs other undergarments.
When it comes to the orders maybe she's been shown how to do it once and then dressed herself tonight and forgot about the finer details?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Based on the photos, Princess Sofia's dress is not flattering. The colour is so so.

Nothing wrong with the dress itself but she needs other undergarments.
When it comes to the orders maybe she's been shown how to do it once and then dressed herself tonight and forgot about the finer details?

She has a husband who has whole his life seen how his mother and sisters wear their orders and sashes. And the internet is full of photos of the queen, Victoria and Madeleine with orders and sashes, it shouldn't be too difficult for Sofia to find out how to wear them.

I don't think it's too tight she needs a longer slip under it though.

For some odd reason there are some royals (even British) that wear their Order sashes long like that. I'm used to seeing Queen Elizabeth II and other older royals wearing their Orders in a more fitted way.

Very nice peachy pink color for a brunette. The scoop neck and sleeves are perfect for her although the dress is a little tight all over.
You would think her devoted husband, born prince of Sweden would have some knowledge of women's sashes but alas, he is but a man.

I think Sofia looks very nice. We are starting to see a baby bump in some of the photos.
Could someone please explain the difference between the star and the miniature king photo.

I think Sofia looks very nice. We are starting to see a baby bump in some of the photos.
Could someone please explain the difference between the star and the miniature king photo.

the miniature photo of the King is the Royal Family Order. It's given to the female members of the Royal Family by the King. The Star on Sofia's shoulder is the Badge of the Order of the Seraphim & goes with the baby blue sash she is wearing. They are two separate things.

the miniature photo of the King is the Royal Family Order. It's given to the female members of the Royal Family by the King. The Star on Sofia's shoulder is the Badge of the Order of the Seraphim & goes with the baby blue sash she is wearing. They are two separate things.

Thank you for the information. Can both be worn at the same time?

Thank you for the information. Can both be worn at the same time?

They usually are. The Swedes wear them far more often, I think, than the Danes, Norwegians, and certainly the Brits. The Swedes wear them for gala events (usually tiara and/or order events, such as the Royal Swedish Academy events, but even some long gala dress events), but also for Christenings. It is a bit unusual that Sofia didn't wear hers for this event.

The dress is tight and I see the Spanx. The cat's out of the bag - she's pregnant. If Sofia doesn't want to be compared to Kim Kardashian in terms of fashion - like she was at the church service she attended - she needs to go up a size or get bespoke maternity.

The order - the sash is hanging wrong; it hangs like a cheap beauty pageant sash and it's not. The star at the bottom of the sash hanging where it shouldn't. Fail for not getting brooches from the Bernadotte collection to help keep the sash in place and not droop everywhere. Double fail for Carl Philip for not showing his wife how to put the sash and orders on properly (he's seen his mother and sisters often enough) and letting it her go out the house like that. MIA - the family order.

She has a husband who has whole his life seen how his mother and sisters wear their orders and sashes. And the internet is full of photos of the queen, Victoria and Madeleine with orders and sashes, it shouldn't be too difficult for Sofia to find out how to wear them.
Okay, a clip around the ear for Carl Philip. It is not as if he doesn't know how everything is worn, least of all the Star. But where is her family order? Wiki says she has it but I can find no verification of this. There are no brooches to hold her sash in place, and the crease in the ribbon on her shoulder makes me think she just took it out of its box . . . and it was too long. So for the royal faux pas we will blame CP.

Now to her ensemble. Her hair looked lovely as did her earrings. I love the scooped neckline and the colour is really nice on her. However, from the waist down the dress just doesn't cut it. It is rumpled over her petticoat (I think) and is far too fitting and lacks gravitas. Perhaps a small train?

Whatever she is wearing under the gown I just hope it isn't SPANX!

Okay, a clip around the ear for Carl Philip. It is not as if he doesn't know how everything is worn, least of all the Star. But where is her family order? Wiki says she has it but I can find no verification of this. There are no brooches to hold her sash in place, and the crease in the ribbon on her shoulder makes me think she just took it out of its box . . . and it was too long. So for the royal faux pas we will blame CP.

Now to her ensemble. Her hair looked lovely as did her earrings. I love the scooped neckline and the colour is really nice on her. However, from the waist down the dress just doesn't cut it. It is rumpled over her petticoat (I think) and is far too fitting and lacks gravitas. Perhaps a small train?

Whatever she is wearing under the gown I just hope it isn't SPANX!

Didn't she wear her family order to the christening?

You are right, she did. So what happened?

She must have chosen not to wear it this evening. It looks like she needs some help with learning how to fasten her orders properly. Overall, I think the outfit looks fine though.

Not only Carl Philip is to blame for Sofia's sash & order mess up. Where was the hovedam (sp?), the woman that was on loan from Silvia to show Sofia more of the royal ropes? Surely she would know how to put the order and sash on and show Sofia.

Sweden does not have a Family Order. It is an informal honor that the ladies of the King's family (wife, daughters, daughter-in-law and his sisters) are given. But it is not a formal order.

Not only Carl Philip is to blame for Sofia's sash & order mess up. Where was the hovedam (sp?), the woman that was on loan from Silvia to show Sofia more of the royal ropes? Surely she would know how to put the order and sash on and show Sofia.

The First Lady of the Court is not Sofia's lady-in-waiting. She is Sofia's mentor who gives her advice. I don't think that she goes to Carl Philip's and Sofia's home to see how Sofia is dressing. Sofia is a grown woman, and if she can't dress properly with sashes and orders, she can ask for help. Now it looks that she decided to do it on her own way, left the King's Miniature Portrait away and wears the Order of the Seraphim sloppy - on the first time she wore the Order of the Seraphim, the most outstanding distinction in Sweden.
During the year she was engaged with Carl Philip before the wedding, Sofia was six times at an event where the royal women wore sashes and orders, so she has seen them worn very closely.

A back view, she doesn't have a pin/brooch there either and the catastrophe is ready. This is not the way to wear the sash.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S0300010030011G14456709601125776

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom