The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2017, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

again most unflattering hairstyle with middle parting and sausage curls, coat is nice

Old 12-22-2017, 01:13 AM
Majesty

Coat is lovely. I always love when she goes simple classic. Good choice

But that center part needs to go. And I don't like the lipstick.

Old 12-22-2017, 06:02 AM
Administrator

Yesterday there weren't any photos of what Sofia wore under her coat, today, they were released:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 12-22-2017, 06:18 AM
Royal Highness

The dress is just okay, nice simple style and nice to see it with a belt of sorts, it is the darn lipstick that is the driving force here, get rid of that ugly shade for it is horrible on her, a soft peach would be so much better, do not try to match the dress with the lipstick ever........like nails and lipsticks should not match either....yet she is a very pretty lady and they are so cute together......
Old 12-22-2017, 07:10 AM
Majesty

Cute simple dress, great color. The hair...she and Victoria need guidance here!

LaRae
Old 12-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The hairstle is okay but the red dress was very lovely and it matched her husbands tie
Old 12-22-2017, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Ugh! The return od the fst sausage curls! Looks great on children and teenagers, not so much on grown women.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Sofia's dress is gorgeous and I quite like her hair, actually. The style suits her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-22-2017, 08:23 PM
Royal Highness

Marg:
I also think those sausages curls are not good yet now that I look at this picture I wonder if perhaps those very curls unroll during the evening and become beautiful silky waves down her back which I bet hubby really loves. Now I understand sausage curls I am liking them for they hold the curl until later when it is needed........
Old 12-22-2017, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Oh no, the hair is childish and too long.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Royal Highness

I have a question for you....is there some book out there that says how any one should dress their age or wear their hair? It seems to me that there is lots of ****somebody should do this or because of this or somebody said or being a certain we must do this****there seems to be a lot of what I call *know it alls* telling others what to do. I have experience that in life and wonder who are these people that think they can tell all of society what to do, what to wear or how to look and in fact I will admit to doing the same recently. I am thinking that maybe she wears her hair because her husband loves it on her, he just might love those long curls and plays with them as does the babies ......so she pleases herself and her family with long curls that can and do turn into beautiful silky waves.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:24 AM
Serene Highness

I have often wondered about that too. Is there a book somewhere that states that "past age X you really can't wear your hair like this or that anymore"? If there is, I am totally unaware of its existence.

Pigtails (exagerrated, I know) I get, but I really don't understand what's so wrong with "sausage curls". I don't even understand why they are being called as such.

Old 12-23-2017, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Like any other fashion opinions voiced here, an opinion on what is too young or too old is a matter of opinion. You don't have to agree, its simply an opinion voiced. While I don't like the hairstyle due to the bad part, I don't see how it is inappropriate due to her age.

I really liked the simple red dress. Very festive. Went great with her coat
Old 12-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I have often wondered about that too. Is there a book somewhere that states that "past age X you really can't wear your hair like this or that anymore"? If there is, I am totally unaware of its existence.

Pigtails (exagerrated, I know) I get, but I really don't understand what's so wrong with "sausage curls". I don't even understand why they are being called as such.
A HUGE Thank you for your comment.....for I have been told all my life to act my age.....good grief, how does one act their age, is there a book? And since I am getting gray hair now, for a long time now the hair is red, a soft shade of chestnut red, and it fits with me as friends think I need to go grrrrrrrrrrr *gray*....not in this life time. I think Princess Sofia is just a gorgeous lady, she is so beautiful with those blue eyes and that long silky hair......sausage curls do develop into long silky waves over an evening, that makes her hair more then stunning. So keep the long silky sausage curls/waves for all of us Princess Sofia...they are so pretty.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
A HUGE Thank you for your comment.....for I have been told all my life to act my age.....good grief, how does one act their age, is there a book? And since I am getting gray hair now, for a long time now the hair is red, a soft shade of chestnut red, and it fits with me as friends think I need to go grrrrrrrrrrr *gray*....not in this life time. I think Princess Sofia is just a gorgeous lady, she is so beautiful with those blue eyes and that long silky hair......sausage curls do develop into long silky waves over an evening, that makes her hair more then stunning. So keep the long silky sausage curls/waves for all of us Princess Sofia...they are so pretty.
Without meaning to insult anyone, perhaps your friends have an old mindset/spirit? Gray hair doesn't suit every woman. Or man, that is.

As long as you feel happy about your current hair color, keep it that way.

And to return to the subject of thread: I think that Sofia can wear her hair as she likes and she hasn't shown up in hideous hairdos. Some were less succesful, but no monstrosities. She's rather the alternating sort.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:35 PM
Administrator

Sofia at the annual Swedish sports awards gala in Stockholm today, January 15:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Side view ** Hair **
Old 01-15-2018, 02:13 PM
Courtier

I like her hair, but the dress is a little bit bland.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Sadly she needs some more supportive undergarments. Her chest is at her waistline. I realize she could still be nursing but some extra support and lift is badly needed.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Yes she needs more support. The dress is a great color but not crazy about the layered ruffle.

LaRae
Old 01-15-2018, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It´s probably because of the top, the waistline and the offset of her chest (if that makes sense? It differs for every woman) that makes it look like she needs more support. I've never had children but I wouldn't look great in a dress like that either because of the way the top is designed.

I like her choice of earrings!