The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Courtier

Snarky a bit, I know that yet Sofia has improved her style of clothing since she married Carl Philip........and I never said this was a popularity contest. Each time she has worn a gown to a royal event I like to see the positive changes in her, some are misses and some aren't......we all evolve with time.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The Nobel ceremony dress was just stunning, she got best dressed from me. The fit of the dress was perfect, the soft color lovely on her and the tiara gorgeous with pearls. The green dress was a good try, too long, just like Victoria’s dress tonight. A simple belt in the same fabric may have helped.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Courtier

Very good point about the belt, I could not think how to make the waist line look better except to wear a ribbon maybe.........this is a soft beautiful gown on her and perfect with her wedding tiara and the emeralds. Very unusual color to be worn there for I have not seen that yet. She took a risk and it paid off IMO.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
Snarky a bit, I know that yet Sofia has improved her style of clothing since she married Carl Philip........and I never said this was a popularity contest. Each time she has worn a gown to a royal event I like to see the positive changes in her, some are misses and some aren't......we all evolve with time.
Snark.... you should recognize it well. Your post was full of it.

I was referring to your insinuation that Lady Finn was allowing a dislike for Sofia as a person, to cloud her opinion of the gown.

This is a fashion thread. We aren't here to talk about 'second chances' but fashion.

You are welcome to judge a person's ability to be a productive royal on her clothing choices. Some of us here are simply judging her fashion sense and nothing else.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:01 AM
Majesty

I have to admit that fashionwise Sofia has been like a surprise present where you open a gorgeously wrapped gift and find another inside to unwrap. She started with an interesting but not particularly individual style but as Princess Sofia, she has bloomed in ways I could never imagine.

It just goes to show that with time, money and more importantly, a reason, much can be done. Her gala style has always interested me because that is the one area that most other people don't have much of unless they are international superstars. She did not disappoint. she has found a style that suits her and it is a reasonably pared down style at that.

Her daywear is her own unique style, sometimes she looks good, others not quite so much. But the gala wear has been a joy to watch. She has tried different styles, designs and designers, and this year's Nobel's were really a hit for her. Her first gown was really a "Princess Gown" which, to be honest, not too many princesses wear. She aced it and her hair, makeup and jewellery were all proper, not too little, not too much and she looked perfect.

The green gown had a gorgeous silhouette and though I would have preferred a belt or built-in waistline, I liked it. It was, however, too long, just like Victoria's. Let's hope this isn't the coming style.
Old 12-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Princess Sofia at the Swedish Academy's annual meeting today, December 20:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **
Old 12-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Majesty

Very nice blue, simple style...nothing exciting but nice.

LaRae
Old 12-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

Not sure about her hair, and what's she wearing on her head? A jewelled headband?
Old 12-20-2017, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Not sure about her hair, and what's she wearing on her head? A jewelled headband?
Looks like a crystal headband to me. Haven't seen it before.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Hairstyle is a big no. Sofia's hairline is far up what gives her a huge forehead. Any middle parting or severely pulled back style does not look nice. I like the hairband though. Dress is nothing special.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dress is ok but boring. And the hairdo is so unflattering. Sofia's dress is probably this Lars Wallin dress she wore at the state visit from Canada in February.
https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskda...l_-700x952.jpg
Old 12-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Courtier

The dress i really nice. Perfect for the event, a top with details is suitable as the royals are mostly seen/photographed sitting during the event.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Princess Sofia looks really nice today, the gown is simple and works for her and forehead or not, she looks cute with a jeweled head band. I have one that I love and wear quite a bit when the evening calls for it as I think that is what she is doing here. She looks so proud to be married and have 2 gorgeous boys, well 3 really. I like her for I see the changes in her in a positive way.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Dress is ok but boring. And the hairdo is so unflattering. Sofia's dress is probably this Lars Wallin dress she wore at the state visit from Canada in February.
https://kungligamodebloggen.svenskda...l_-700x952.jpg
i kind of prefer this look to the one today. the tiara and hairstyle looked much nicer then than today. i am unsure about today's headband.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dress is nothing exciting and the coat she has over it is horrendous. I like what she did with the headband though, but the hairstyle with the curls is rather childlike.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:35 PM
Heir Apparent

The dress is perfect for the event, plain, but she is petite and that works. The headband is very nice but I am not one for those long sausage curls. The coat, a no-no, bad neckline and not long enough. She needs an evening coat or cape.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:30 PM
Aristocracy

The dress and the coat are good, but the hairstyle a big no
Old 12-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Aristocracy

I also agree with the hair, too flat at the front and too many sausage curls. Not a good hairstyle for her, very unflattering.

The dress was fine, but the coat/cape is ugly
Old 12-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Princess Sofia at a Christmas concert in Stockholm this evening, December 21:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **
Old 12-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like Sofia's coat but I think her make up and hair are the real winners here: she looks stunning!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank