The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Sofia looks gorgeous! That colour really suits her - I think she's the best dressed tonight.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Majesty

I think a silk waistband in a different colour would have been better, but Princess Sofia was enchanting.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

Very nicely polished here, the only thing is the color as many have noticed. Her color of gown is in the same color family as Madeline's gown, just a shade lighter. I think a lavender would be so beautiful on her with her dark hair and the way her wedding tiara is now done. Anyhow, she has really stepped up her game in representing the royal family. I love her tiara this way, the pearls are so gorgeous with the way they are at the top and her hair is perfect........extremely well done!
Old 12-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

The Swedish ladies wear many gowns in the course of a year. Not every design or color is perfect, but they’re all out there representin’, week after week. Go, girls!
I am in awe of women who can get that dressed up, that frequently.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Royal Highness

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/N...9fEJr9rAAl.jpg

Beautiful dress, new pearl tiara option, great hair. She’s my best dressed tonight.

I agree that the colour is a bit boring, but as far as I can remember Sofia doesn’t have any other evening gowns in this colour. It’s just that so many royals and celebrities wear similar shades that we’re all over it. But a good investment for a princess, it’ll go well with sashes in all colours – red, purple, blue, green, etc.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Majesty

I LOVE the skirt...I just am not loving the bodice.

LaRae
Old 12-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Sofia looks gorgeous! That colour really suits her - I think she's the best dressed tonight.
Agreed. Princess Sofia gets best-dressed from me too, but only just. Madeleine looks enchanting too.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:24 AM
Nobility

Very well fitted gown. Not her best gown but the fit is flattering. I don’t mind the color, but the work isn’t something I’m fond of. Also don’t like her hair. It’s too harshly pulled back. I prefer a softer look on her
Old 12-11-2017, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yes, Sofia has a huge forehead, the hairstyle pulled back or middle parting is very unflattering. Side parting with a bit of fringe like recently is so much better.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Majesty

https://media.shootitlive.com/Vkk77n...expressen/2940

Love the color of this dress but I am not at all a fan of how the waist line is done.

LaRae
Old 12-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Gentry

That's a beautiful look, I'm getting some tiny medieval vibes! Nice colour, and simple gowns really suit her so well. The waistline could indeed be more polished.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Waistline looks indeed a little unfinished but pale green color was a nice surprise, also I'm fan for those cape-style sleeves. Overall very good dresses for this year's Nobels.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

The only thing which is good at this dress is the idea of the cape. The colour is ugly and doesn't suit Sofia at all, the dress is badly done and boring,
https://media.shootitlive.com/HuVFXM...expressen/2940
Old 12-11-2017, 02:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The only thing which is good at this dress is the idea of the cape. The colour is ugly and doesn't suit Sofia at all, the dress is badly done and boring,
Is there anything Sofia can wear that you would approve of?

I think this is a great colour on her, especially with the emeralds back in her wedding tiara.
Old 12-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love it! The colour is not my personal cup of tea but I LOVE a cape and this is nicely done.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Majesty

sofia looked stunning at these nobels. the first dress was beautiful, i loved the princessy cut. the second one was also super simple, yet a winner.

the tiara looks lovely in the new setting. it is also nice to see it with pearls, which is my favourite combination (although the emeralds look rather lovely with this green dress).

overall, sofia put on a show!
Old 12-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

Cape-gown is fantastic, I just don't think this colour works on her skin tone. Anyone else finds the waist a bit odd?
Old 12-11-2017, 08:16 PM
Majesty

I must say I love the style. Sofia shines in a more simple style. I love the cape style

I really love the color of the dress as well, though not sure of it on her.

The only thing bothering me is the odd waist line on it.

Tad surprised to see same tiara both nights, even with pearls swapped for emeralds.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I seriously think that whatever Sofia wears will *never* meet with your approval as you have certainly voiced how much you dislike her. We are all human beings and make mistakes and each of us deserves 2nd chances in life as she does, so I think she looks stunning tonight and these 2 days she has really pulled out all the stops in making sure that she is not putting a step wrong. I love the simplicity of the green gown, the softness and draping is very wonderful to see on her, the tiara being used for 2 nights in a row in of that itself shows her willingness to be creative with her tiara. Her hair, make-up and the way she carries herself now shows that she is willing to do what it takes to be a positive member of the royal family. I applaud her for taking on this role and doing the very best that she can. And Carl and she seems very much in love which is all that really matters to anyone.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Majesty

People seem to take fashion way too seriously. If we like the person we have to like her fashion and the other way around.

I actually laugh when there are posters that say 'beautiful as always' for every single possible look for certain royals. Leaves you wondering if they even look at the outfit. No one gets every look right every time, No one. Some of my favorite royals are Max and Mathilde, I honestly cant remember the last time I liked something Max wore, head to toe.

Fashion is personal taste plain and simple. Its not an attack on the character.

Sofia stepping up in her duties and moving away from her history has ZERO to do with her fashion sense. This is a fashion thread not a popularity contest.