Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 3: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it! The colour is not my personal cup of tea but I LOVE a cape and this is nicely done.

sofia looked stunning at these nobels. the first dress was beautiful, i loved the princessy cut. the second one was also super simple, yet a winner.

the tiara looks lovely in the new setting. it is also nice to see it with pearls, which is my favourite combination (although the emeralds look rather lovely with this green dress).

overall, sofia put on a show!

Cape-gown is fantastic, I just don't think this colour works on her skin tone. Anyone else finds the waist a bit odd?

I must say I love the style. Sofia shines in a more simple style. I love the cape style :flowers:

I really love the color of the dress as well, though not sure of it on her. ?

The only thing bothering me is the odd waist line on it.

Tad surprised to see same tiara both nights, even with pearls swapped for emeralds.

The only thing which is good at this dress is the idea of the cape. The colour is ugly and doesn't suit Sofia at all, the dress is badly done and boring,
https://media.shootitlive.com/HuVFXMxEHKXCyhCfJrLQfuZk5AQ/1200.jpg?project_id=expressen/2940

I seriously think that whatever Sofia wears will *never* meet with your approval as you have certainly voiced how much you dislike her. We are all human beings and make mistakes and each of us deserves 2nd chances in life as she does, so I think she looks stunning tonight and these 2 days she has really pulled out all the stops in making sure that she is not putting a step wrong. I love the simplicity of the green gown, the softness and draping is very wonderful to see on her, the tiara being used for 2 nights in a row in of that itself shows her willingness to be creative with her tiara. Her hair, make-up and the way she carries herself now shows that she is willing to do what it takes to be a positive member of the royal family. I applaud her for taking on this role and doing the very best that she can. And Carl and she seems very much in love which is all that really matters to anyone.?

:previous: People seem to take fashion way too seriously. If we like the person we have to like her fashion and the other way around.

I actually laugh when there are posters that say 'beautiful as always' for every single possible look for certain royals. Leaves you wondering if they even look at the outfit. No one gets every look right every time, No one. Some of my favorite royals are Max and Mathilde, I honestly cant remember the last time I liked something Max wore, head to toe.

Fashion is personal taste plain and simple. Its not an attack on the character.

Sofia stepping up in her duties and moving away from her history has ZERO to do with her fashion sense. This is a fashion thread not a popularity contest.

Snarky a bit, I know that yet Sofia has improved her style of clothing since she married Carl Philip........and I never said this was a popularity contest. Each time she has worn a gown to a royal event I like to see the positive changes in her, some are misses and some aren't......we all evolve with time.:ermm:

The Nobel ceremony dress was just stunning, she got best dressed from me. The fit of the dress was perfect, the soft color lovely on her and the tiara gorgeous with pearls. The green dress was a good try, too long, just like Victoria’s dress tonight. A simple belt in the same fabric may have helped.

:previous:
Very good point about the belt, I could not think how to make the waist line look better except to wear a ribbon maybe.........this is a soft beautiful gown on her and perfect with her wedding tiara and the emeralds. Very unusual color to be worn there for I have not seen that yet. She took a risk and it paid off IMO.

Snarky a bit, I know that yet Sofia has improved her style of clothing since she married Carl Philip........and I never said this was a popularity contest. Each time she has worn a gown to a royal event I like to see the positive changes in her, some are misses and some aren't......we all evolve with time.:ermm:

Snark.... you should recognize it well. Your post was full of it. :ermm:

I was referring to your insinuation that Lady Finn was allowing a dislike for Sofia as a person, to cloud her opinion of the gown.

This is a fashion thread. We aren't here to talk about 'second chances' but fashion.

You are welcome to judge a person's ability to be a productive royal on her clothing choices. Some of us here are simply judging her fashion sense and nothing else.

I have to admit that fashionwise Sofia has been like a surprise present where you open a gorgeously wrapped gift and find another inside to unwrap. She started with an interesting but not particularly individual style but as Princess Sofia, she has bloomed in ways I could never imagine.

It just goes to show that with time, money and more importantly, a reason, much can be done. Her gala style has always interested me because that is the one area that most other people don't have much of unless they are international superstars. She did not disappoint. she has found a style that suits her and it is a reasonably pared down style at that.

Her daywear is her own unique style, sometimes she looks good, others not quite so much. But the gala wear has been a joy to watch. She has tried different styles, designs and designers, and this year's Nobel's were really a hit for her. Her first gown was really a "Princess Gown" which, to be honest, not too many princesses wear. She aced it and her hair, makeup and jewellery were all proper, not too little, not too much and she looked perfect.

The green gown had a gorgeous silhouette and though I would have preferred a belt or built-in waistline, I liked it. It was, however, too long, just like Victoria's. Let's hope this isn't the coming style.

Last edited:
Very nice blue, simple style...nothing exciting but nice.

LaRae

Not sure about her hair, and what's she wearing on her head? A jewelled headband?

Hairstyle is a big no. Sofia's hairline is far up what gives her a huge forehead. Any middle parting or severely pulled back style does not look nice. I like the hairband though. Dress is nothing special.

The dress i really nice. Perfect for the event, a top with details is suitable as the royals are mostly seen/photographed sitting during the event.

Princess Sofia looks really nice today, the gown is simple and works for her and forehead or not, she looks cute with a jeweled head band. I have one that I love and wear quite a bit when the evening calls for it as I think that is what she is doing here. She looks so proud to be married and have 2 gorgeous boys, well 3 really. I like her for I see the changes in her in a positive way.

Dress is nothing exciting and the coat she has over it is horrendous. I like what she did with the headband though, but the hairstyle with the curls is rather childlike.

The dress is perfect for the event, plain, but she is petite and that works. The headband is very nice but I am not one for those long sausage curls. The coat, a no-no, bad neckline and not long enough. She needs an evening coat or cape.

I also agree with the hair, too flat at the front and too many sausage curls. Not a good hairstyle for her, very unflattering.

The dress was fine, but the coat/cape is ugly

:previous: I like Sofia's coat but I think her make up and hair are the real winners here: she looks stunning!

again most unflattering hairstyle with middle parting and sausage curls, coat is nice

Coat is lovely. I always love when she goes simple classic. Good choice :flowers:

But that center part needs to go. And I don't like the lipstick. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom