Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 3: March 2017 - November 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The traditional folk dress would have been a good choice on a visit to Dalarna, but an odd choice to a christening. And Sofia's hair was a big mess.
The press always writes that Sofia is from Dalarna, but she lived there only about 11-12 years, she lived with her parents in Täby close to Stockholm, moved to Älvdalen in Dalarna in 1991 and moved to Stockholm when she was eighteen.

The traditional folk dress would have been a good choice on a visit to Dalarna, but an odd choice to a christening. And Sofia's hair was a big mess.
The press always writes that Sofia is from Dalarna, but she lived there only about 11-12 years, she lived with her parents in Täby close to Stockholm, moved to Älvdalen in Dalarna in 1991 and moved to Stockholm when she was eighteen.

Not uncommon. Coming from a kid who moved around a lot growing up, often when asked where you grew up, or home town, you mention the city where you spent the majority of your childhood. I say western Canada as honestly we never lived anywhere that long. 12 years of her childhood, which basically is all of her education, is more then substantial part of her childhood. Its fair to say she grew up there even if she wasn't born there.

I agree, while the traditional costume is a nice tribute, perhaps not for the event. And her hair looked messy under the hat.

I love that Sofia wore a traditional dress. What a lovely nod to her heritage and the heritage of her sons.

I like the traditional dress but not for this event. Its an odd choice to stick out among guests when everything is supposed to be about baby Gabriel.

Is it traditional to wear national dress at a Christening in Sweden or an old royal one?

Is it traditional to wear national dress at a Christening in Sweden or an old royal one?
No it's not a tradition but the regional dresses can be worn at black & white tie events since it traditionally was your best dress. The dress itself can be worn at all occasions but it gets adapted as the occasions change for example for funerals, weddings etc...

A beatiful dress with great fit and a flattering waistline, plus a pretty tiara. The only thing missing is colour. I would prefer the dress in, let's say, violet like queen Silvia's. A lovely look overall!

Wow she really looks lovely. The design is beautiful, one of her best evening looks I have seen. :flowers:

I do agree, a brighter color may have looked better, just because the dress is so simple.

She looks lovely, a good color for her, not a fan of the design really...but the tiara looks really nice with pearls (may we never seen the emeralds on it again!).

LaRae

One of her best outfits,very polish look and the jewels/hair are just perfect tonight.

I think Sofias dress would have looked much better in a brighter colour.

I think she looks absolutely beautiful. The details on the dress are very soft but elegant.

Sofia looks gorgeous! That colour really suits her - I think she's the best dressed tonight.

I think a silk waistband in a different colour would have been better, but Princess Sofia was enchanting.

Very nicely polished here, the only thing is the color as many have noticed. Her color of gown is in the same color family as Madeline's gown, just a shade lighter. I think a lavender would be so beautiful on her with her dark hair and the way her wedding tiara is now done. Anyhow, she has really stepped up her game in representing the royal family. I love her tiara this way, the pearls are so gorgeous with the way they are at the top and her hair is perfect........extremely well done!

The Swedish ladies wear many gowns in the course of a year. Not every design or color is perfect, but they’re all out there representin’, week after week. Go, girls!
I am in awe of women who can get that dressed up, that frequently.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Nobel+Prize+Banquet+2017+Stockholm+Vs9fEJr9rAAl.jpg

Beautiful dress, new pearl tiara option, great hair. She’s my best dressed tonight:flowers:.

I agree that the colour is a bit boring, but as far as I can remember Sofia doesn’t have any other evening gowns in this colour. It’s just that so many royals and celebrities wear similar shades that we’re all over it. But a good investment for a princess, it’ll go well with sashes in all colours – red, purple, blue, green, etc.

I LOVE the skirt...I just am not loving the bodice.

LaRae

Very well fitted gown. Not her best gown but the fit is flattering. I don’t mind the color, but the work isn’t something I’m fond of. Also don’t like her hair. It’s too harshly pulled back. I prefer a softer look on her

Yes, Sofia has a huge forehead, the hairstyle pulled back or middle parting is very unflattering. Side parting with a bit of fringe like recently is so much better.

That's a beautiful look, I'm getting some tiny medieval vibes! Nice colour, and simple gowns really suit her so well. The waistline could indeed be more polished.

Waistline looks indeed a little unfinished but pale green color was a nice surprise, also I'm fan for those cape-style sleeves. Overall very good dresses for this year's Nobels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom