Princess Sofia's Fashion & Style, Part 2: May 2016 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
daytime dress: the only positive I can say about this outfit is that I like the shoes
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/sofia-carl-philip-ibl3.jpg

evening dress: I like the style but the length is very granny
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HqzSn2gB...tQtHsu-sNKuzrRygDADyxvQACLcB/s1600/1200-2.jpg

The daytime dress i really nice on her, I'm not a fan of the print but she wore it well and it was different to her solid color outfits IMO. The shoes were also very nice and elegant.

The dress is by PHILOSOPHY DI LORENZO SERAFINI Fall 2016

Evening dress, lovely and a lovely color but the necktie aged the look IMO. The length of the dress was really nice.

The day dress is a fright but I think the cocktail dress would have been much nicer without the bow around the neck.

The daytime printed skirt suit is odd: somewhat boxy and those black and blue details are ugly.

The evening dress looks matronly/mother of the bride. A different neckline and sleeves length would be improvements.

I am not comparing Sofia's dress tonight to Madeleine at the nobels. I am saying that Sofia seems to try and emulate Madeleine. Whether intentional or not.

The last two nobels we have seen it. Sofia's dress the second night of the nobels have bore a strong resemblance to Madeleine's the first night.

Here her day dress is quite similar to the dress Madeleine wore yesterday. Similar style but for the pleats in the skirt, and the collar. I prefer her collar to Madeleine's flowers, but the straight skirt of Madeleine.

And her evening dress tonight, twenty first, a sheet dress over a slip. With strong floral embellishment. Madeleine embroider, hers 3D applice.

But looking at maddie Nobel dress, much prefer. It may have been over fussy, but it was just the skirt. Sofia is neck to toe.

Too much going on with the day dress. the cocktail dress needed the bow gone. I don't think she emulates Maddie I think they may have similar taste. Which isn't a bad thing.

I think the daytime outfit is too loose and there are too many different patterns and sections. Maybe if the top part was combined with fitting black skirt or the bottom part combined with solid coloured jacket. The evening dress is granny-like, I would prefer a neckline similar to her wedding dress with this dress, too. Don't really like these, don't hate them, either, but I would do some modifications.

The pink ruffled dress Sofia is wearing today is just ugly.

I want to like it...I just don't.

LaRae

No. It's actually horrible. Slick, ankle length pants would be much better and if she's gonna wear wide legged pants, at least tuck the blouse in. She looks massive.

Yes that's part of why I don't like it...she looks like a little girl playing dress up...too much volume for her...she's very petite.

LaRae

Wrong proportions: wide pants - tighter blouse ou wide blouse - tighter pants.
I did not like the coiffure -hair falls too much flat and without balance. Everybody has bad hair days, just make a ponytail or a bun.

Bad proportions are a recurring theme for Sofia's wardrobe, I'm afraid. In this case, those pants need to be balanced with a simpler top and a more relaxed neckline. Or, alternatively, that shirt could be paired with sleeker pants. But taken together, it's just all too much.

And, again, she is not a person who should wear a center part. Ever. Yet she wears it always. Sigh.

oh dear. frumpy, sloppy, not sure where to start, and this for an official outing. Are there mirrors in the castle and clothes that actually fit?

A mess. The shirt has nice detail but that's about it. The proportions are horrible. The shirt needs sleek pants, not these wide leg terrors. And her hair looks plastered and limp. She needs to get rid of the part once and for all.

I just had to scroll back to the photos!! I thing the Princess looks very stylish and appropriately dressed for the occasion. Love the coat.

A bit frumply. It hasn't been the first time for her lately.

Oh dear, Sofia's trousers are somewhat awful; for lack of a better word. I often like what she wears but this time she's got it a little wrong. The outfit seems mismatched as her blouse and jacket are nice and go together, whereas her trousers are baggy and look as if they were the first thing she saw when she opened her wardrobe and just put them on in a rush.

Awful from top to bottom. The proportions are way off. And that center part in her hair is just a no-no. She tries but somehow doesn't quite make it. :(

Not a great outfit but the hairstyle is the worst part of it,the duchess looked liked she was going to hospital rather than an official event!

I think she looked a bit sloppy, the pieces are nice but together they somehow didn't work. Maybe if her blouse was tucked in, she would've looked better and hair pulled in a bun or in a ponytail. It seemed some much was going on with the wide pants, the open hair and the neck tie.

Right? Its like she has decided in order to to expunge her dodgey past, she needs to either be dressed EXACTLY as her sisters in law or in granny frumpy land.

She should wear what her SIL wore yesterday.

LaRae

Right? Its like she has decided in order to to expunge her dodgey past, she needs to either be dressed EXACTLY as her sisters in law or in granny frumpy land.

I don't know, but maybe she has been advised to change her look by the court staff. Her style has changed a bit dramatically.

Whoever is advising her for styling needs to be replaced.

LaRae

I think she has definately been told to dress more appropriately. But there is a place between her natural inclination to the short skirts/super tight clothes etc which would be appropriate to go clubbing, and being dressed as CP's grandmother.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom