The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2014, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Marie-Chantal looking good in a grey lace dress at the golden wedding anniversary dinner of King Constantine and Queen Anne-Mariein Greece yesterday, September 18:

** Full view **
I thought the whole mono-chrome lace look had run its course.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Majesty

Marie Chantal's ensemble is so so. Something is amiss, but I can not point what exactly is wrong.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:17 PM
Nobility

I think what's wrong is she is lacking some much needed support in the bosom.... They are hanging a little low in the dress.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I love it!
Old 09-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, bosom needs a little more uplift. Not keen on the black belt/sash thing - I don't think it adds anything to the outfit.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I agree. There's something off about the fitting of her dress around the chest area, and I think the ribbon looks a little strange and out of place. In general though, Marie Chantal looks lovely and that colour looks great on her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-19-2014, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

A little too drab for such a happy occasion, imho. She definitely needs a better bra. Marie Chantal is still a beautiful woman and a wonderful wife and mother.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Heir Apparent

She often can use a better bra. I like the dress and think that the ribbon belt just makes the look
Old 09-20-2014, 01:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Marie-Chantal at an event celebrating London Fashion Week in London on September 16, 2014, wearing a sleeveless dress in black and silver.

** Full view ** Upper part **
What an uggly and unflattering dress, wrong lenght, and bad choice of shoes (botties, for a "petite" with this lenght of skirt....). She should love it, because she worn exactly the same tohe day after in the celebrations of 50 years of wedding of King Costantine with Queen Anne-Marie. For me a total miss.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GtfUGcKHzu...Y/s1600/mc.jpg
Designer??
Old 09-21-2014, 01:16 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The grey lace dress was quite unflattering in the fit, style and color. The dress seemed to be an off fit around the bust and waist area, the color washed her out and the dress was a bit too long. Moreover, the belt looked like it was a gift ribbon tied around her waist. She could've done so much better.

The dress at London fashion week was really pretty IMO and I loved those heels matched with it.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

She definitely needed a better bra with the grey dress and the ribbon should have been shorter. I liked the look for fashion week.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:30 AM
Administrator

Marie-Chantal attended the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, California, on February 22, 2015, wearing a long creme white dress with a flower print.
The combination of that fabric with cut-outs creates the impression that the top part was bursting , but besides that it's nice.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:41 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

Marie-Chantal attended the 2015 Vanity Fair Oscar Party in Beverly Hills, California, on February 22, 2015, wearing a long creme white dress with a flower print.
The combination of that fabric with cut-outs creates the impression that the top part was bursting , but besides that it's nice.

Alexander McQueen Pre Fall 2014 dress

I love the hair style, its also looks slightly darker which is great on her.
The dress, as you said it looks like it's bursting apart. Besides that, the print and color and fit is something she pulls off well.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:52 AM
Majesty

I think the dress is awful.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The top of the dress is definitely too small on her. A shame really, because her hair and make-up are flawless.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like it on her at all it really does nothing for her IMO I agree though for once her hair is fabulous and her makeup not too aging very flattering. OIMO
Old 02-24-2015, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness

Personally I think the whole "Look" just goes to show that money can buy neither class nor taste.
She looks like "Mutton dressed up as Lamb.
She should take a leaf from her Mother in Law - Queen Anne Marie has always looked classy. But then again she has true breeding.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:16 PM
Majesty

Lovely woman, awful dress!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice" MLK Jr 1929-1968
Old 02-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah ha, that is because she messed with the dress to be a little more modest. If you look at the model, you can see that the middle slit should not be attached, the model has it left open showing a lot of skin in the center, typical cleavage area. This also makes the models breasts look kind of apart and droopy, a look maybe mc wanted to avoid. Only a dress a model with perfect posture could wear. The earrings make up for it
Old 02-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank goodness she didn't wear the same shoes that the model wore!!! :)

Tags
marie chantal's, marie chantal's fashion, marie chantal's fashion and style, princess pavlos