Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that she looks really cute in the grey sweater. It covers her entirely, and isn't obscenely-tight. This is how many pregnant women throughout the world are dressing, and I think that she looks perfectly fine. I do agree with everyone about the lavender dress. It is a bit too low-cut.

The one maternity trend that I can't stand is when pregnant women have their bare bellies showing. I have yet to see a royal do this, but many celebrities have done this, and I think it is really tacky. Thankfully, I doubt that Marie would ever do that.

The grey sweater looks fine as it is clearly a casual outfit rather than something formal

A sweater streched waaaay over her tummy and a dress that all one notices is her ..urm, bosoms? I realize that she is proud of her pregnancy, and rightly so, but she still just doesn't get how a woman with class and taste should dress. ("thumbs down".)

Lots of women in Denmark like to dress in in tight sweaters or dresses when pregnant simply because a pregnancy is something to be proud of. Personally I like that fashion for pregnant women a lot and I finde it natural for a Danish Princess to dress the same way. IMO she has got both class and taste in her choice of outfit.

But well, I am a Danish woman and it might simply be all of us Danish women who just doesn't get how women with class and taste should dress when pregnant :whistling:.

This is how many pregnant women throughout the world are dressing,

Thanks for your post Sgl. I am glad to read that pregnant women throughout the world are dressing like that. The Danish women incl. Princess Marie are not alone in being without class and taste. It is a worldwide phenomenon ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first saw the lavender dress that I thought was light blue, I thought it was too summery because of the coat she had over it, but after seeing just the dress I really like it. I think her bosom looks fine. She is a very pretty woman. IMO

It looks nice and quite warm and she feels good in it I think. So what's the problem?
Talking about her b..bs - do you remember Pss Madeleine's this Noble red dress...

I love how P Marie dresses. So she isn't gonna be a fashion icon soon it seems, but someone has to be the one not to be an icon of fashion too.
CP Mary is so perfect in the way she dress, it is almost too perfect. So P Maries way of dressing is a nice change.

I like the grey sweater/turtleneck, and I also like the lavender/lightblue dress. Yes she is showing a lot of b**bs, but remember her weddingdress. This might not be appropriate way for dressing for some, but I think she look great. Ok....a liiiiiiiitle much bossoms. Just a little. ;)

I only liked the white jacket/short coat (in the photo that she's holding flowers).Nothing else impressed me and I definitely don't like seeing royal ladies wearing transparent clothes.

:previous: It seems Marie has a nice collection of earrings so far.I liked almost all of them!And I also liked most of her pointed high heels :flowers:
It's time for her to do something with her clothes :rolleyes:

I agree the black and white outfit is very elegant :) I don't really like the bag she's carrying,though(I don't like this kind of bags,generally) :rolleyes:

I also agree that the black and white outfit is very smart-looking and looks great on her! Unfortunately, the bag is large and isn't meant to be worn over the shoulder; so it "scrunches" up her jacket making it appear ill-fitting. Too bad she didn't carry a smaller bag or simply carried this one in her hand.

Or a small beautiful all-time-classic clutch!

Well at least she looks very relaxed and happy.

There's no question that she looks relaxed and happy. Her face is softer, fuller. Prince Joachim seems to be beaming - nice to see that he doesn't look strained.

The dark stockings, heavy looking platform shoes, in my opinion, work against her personal soft look. I personally don't care for the platform shoes, no matter who wears them. I think they look klunky and detract from a classic look. I know that a few royals have opted for them due to their stature (Princess Margaret, Letizia of Spain, and now Marie) - but I still don't like the look. I also believe that exaggerated spike heels don't look particularly good - in my opinion, the look is too forced. Classic closed toe shoes are better suited for royals,I think. It's amuch more elegant look.

Good Grief. I'm sorry but that is Not the way a princess dresses, imo! A sweater streched waaaay over her tummy and a dress that all one notices is her ..urm, bosoms? I realize that she is proud of her pregnancy, and rightly so, but she still just doesn't get how a woman with class and taste should dress. ("thumbs down".)
I've got now clue how old you are but with younger people in their teens, twenties and begin thirties those kind of clothes are the mode. It's great to wear, nothing wrong with it and you can't go wrong.

I Was too harsh about my comment re: her sweater for which I apologize! She did look cute with her tummy showing off her pregnancy! However I will stick my guns re: her dress revealing too much. Not approriate for anyone to have to show that much whatever one's age. And... speaking of my age, what does it have to do with this topic we are discussing??

I also agree that the black and white outfit is very smart-looking and looks great on her! Unfortunately, the bag is large and isn't meant to be worn over the shoulder; so it "scrunches" up her jacket making it appear ill-fitting. Too bad she didn't carry a smaller bag or simply carried this one in her hand.

Bags like this with two thick straps are too bulky to wear comfortably on the shoulder and it does bunch up the jacket. A thin envelope style or "Baguette" style of bag with one strap would have been lovely or just carry this bag by its straps.

Marie seems to love clothes made out of very flimsy fabrics which can have a tendency to look cheap and clingy.
The blue/violet dress is a perfect example.
Marie loves low-cut tops and that has got to stop. In private, OK but not at official events.
She tends to prefer to dress in a very casual, sportswear kind of wear and the DRF seems to like to pull out all of the stops dressing for public events so she always looks under-dressed. She needs to step it up a lot - which is where a good stylist could help!

I loved this dress:

12.jpg (image)

Aside from her casual clothes, this was my favorite look for Marie since the wedding. I think she looks very elegant and sweet in this dress.

I don't know. I still think she misses "it". I don't care for her flesh-colored stockings, much less her platform shoes. Maybe if the skirt was abit longer.... It just doesn't look right to me. Sorry, but she still needs a stylist, IMO.

I agree udyusa she misses "it" and often. I have liked only one outfit the creamy fur suit in Russia... for the rest all just mean well but don't come off. She needs help and fast. IMO

I loved this dress:

12.jpg (image)

Aside from her casual clothes, this was my favorite look for Marie since the wedding. I think she looks very elegant and sweet in this dress.
It is very cute and feminine dress that P.Marie is wearing. She looks very happy BTW.:)

:previous: It's the first time I see the black satin dress on Marie.Nice and very updated change for her.And the shape of that dress is very modern and fashionable.I hope she continues walking on this path :flowers:

Did I miss something? The dress is blue - not black - and I don't think it's satin. Marie's shoes are once again the platform heavy style which do not match the style of the dress at all. She needs to learn about stocking colors as well. Perhaps a taupe color or grey tone would improve things.

She did look terrific in the brown dress, brown boots, and brown stockings she wore for the ballet. She's fine with browns. The bag was way over the top for the rest of the outfit - it made her look as though she was ready for a sleep over after the ballet. She is a small woman and needs to think about proportion.

Save the platform shoes for slacks MAYBE. At least they're pretty well hidden with slacks. A heavy heel with a cocktail type dress is not a match.

She'll get it, I think.

Her hairdo was not great at this embassy function, but the hair is getting sorted out now and she looks more put together. She is still a pretty woman, and that smile makes up for a few shortcomings.

It must be hard for her to have to make so many adjustments at once, the language, the new country, duties, the pregnancy, not to mention getting used to married life, and a very public one at that.

There is a lot on her plate now. If she doesn't have a stylist, or intentions of getting one, I think it would be helpful if she sought out pictures, even magazines to see how other royals do it (not limiting herself to the Danish royals). Even the internet could help her. She's a modern woman who knows how to obtain information.

I Was too harsh about my comment re: her sweater for which I apologize! She did look cute with her tummy showing off her pregnancy! However I will stick my guns re: her dress revealing too much. Not approriate for anyone to have to show that much whatever one's age. And... speaking of my age, what does it have to do with this topic we are discussing??
Your age can influence your opinion on somebody's style. And when you were a galagown, are you showning too much?(Which is something she has to do quite some times) I think a whole lot more, and it still wouldn't look slutty.. She doesn't has to dress like a nun. She's young, pretty and happy with the way she looks. She can show that and it's not innapropiate and she is not showing too much.
It's the way you wear it and she does it allright.

My age has never influenced my opinion on someone's fashion sense or style. I have always relied on my common sense and my eyes! "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and I see nothing beautiful about one's bosoms popping out. I have No objections to showing cleavage when wearing a well-designed dress or gala gown but have a little restraint. Just IMHO, of course! Can we just agree to disagree? :)

I agree with udyusa. No need to show what you have when attending a public function. She may be young, but restraint is more refined.

I loved this dress:

12.jpg (image)

I love this pretty black dress on her. She looks so elegant and lovely.

Yes, indeed. The colour is really nice and interesting black, dark blue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom