Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her haircolor. It looks a bit darker to me. I wasn't too fond of the shorter coat with the dress sticking out underneath, but overall, I think that she looks really pretty tonight.

I have to agree with you, sgl, re: her short coat and her dress sticking out. Once again a slight miss... But she Does look lovely with her added weight as it does make her look so much softer and somehow, sweeter. Joachim looks ever so proud! :)

I quite like this outfit, it seems that her fashion sense is either evolving to her role or becoming more similar to my own tastes!

Here is a photo of Marie before the concert on 17 January 2009 (it's not full-length, but you can tell that she is showing):

Finally...here are some more of Marie (and that cute baby bump!):

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1459/preview12491440wm1dc991ap8.jpg
Her hair looks really lovely in this style.

Really like the looks. The dress is perfect and shows off the baby bump with out making her look bigger then she is. Great color of choice as well. I like how her hair is styled, looks nice and full.

The dress is beautiful!!I don't like the fur coat and the hairdo,though.
What I liked most is the fact that she looks so happy and healthy and this is the most important :flowers: I have already said above that she's such a sweet young woman and it would be a pity if she doesn't work on her style from now on :rolleyes:

marie looks lovely. the dress is really nice and pregnancy does agree with her.

for the next time i'd say she should refrain from the fur and the purse has to match the outfit a bit better. the dress looks quite summery, a contrast with the fur and the purse looks like it belongs to another outfit. shoes are lovely though and the hair looks great like that.

Maybe it's just me, but the more pics I see of Marie in her whole outfit the less I like any of it. Her dress looks cheaply made and much too skimpy for winter weather. (especially with Joachim all bundled up in a scarf and overcoat!) It also appears if she makes one false move that she will fall completely out of it! As for the shoes, they too look way too summery with the peep-toes. She just still lacks that special something of a princess. I will give her this, however....she looks Radiant in her pregnancy! Softer, somehow...

:previous:My sweet Udyusa,thank you for making it easier for me to say this:if she doesn't work on her style-with the best stylist she can get-soon after her pregnancy,Marie is gonna make it to the "Worst dressed" Top5 list of royals ;) She needs professional help for sure.

LOL! Guess she should be glad she's only being compared to Mary in the fashion department now. When the child comes, poor thing will be compared to Alexandra in the best mother category.

I like her hair better when it's not over styled. The dress gives me the chivers just looking at it.

I don't care for these shoes (now that I can see them up-close). I don't like the gold trim, and the peep-toes don't seem to work for an evening event during the middle of winter in Denmark. I think that they would have looked nicer without the gold trim and with a closed-toe.

Yet again the whole look was mismatched. A light blue silk (?) dress looked awkward with black tights. I wish she wore a dress made from a heavier material. Peep-toe platform shoes were just all right.

I like the fur coat the best---quite a gorgeous coat! Her hair looks lovely too.

This light blue dress looks like it fits poorly, is made of flimsy fabric and looks just downright cheap.
The black tights look out of place and the shoes don't go with the dress.
It's a total mess.
You can't throw an expensive fur over a mess of an outfit and expect it to cover a multitude of fashion mistakes.
A perfect baby gift for Marie? A good stylist. Throw out all of the cheap clothes and start fresh after the birth.

I was about to get worried when I started to read all your posts regarding this purple dress. Gosh it is horrible! The fur coat is lovely and her hair is lovely and she looks really beautiful but the dress is a big no:eek: The colour is horrible, purple yes but dark purple and it seams the dress has no sleeves even more wrong!!!!:nonono:

The truth is that we can't even see the dress properly.From what I can see it seems nice,but just nice.Not an impressive and elegant dress.About the color:I consider it light blue,not purple,but perhaps it's just the light.I might be wrong.

In my opinion Marie is a very pretty woman, but the dress isn't the best choice.

The truth is that we can't even see the dress properly.

I watched the transmission on the telly and got a very good look at the dress when she was entering the concerthall after the intermission. It is a pity that there is no photoes of the dress as it was very beautiful.

I watched the transmission on the telly and got a very good look at the dress when she was entering the concerthall after the intermission. It is a pity that there is no photoes of the dress as it was very beautiful.

There was a photo of the DRF as they were sitting in their seats. You could see part of the top of Marie's dress. It looked like it went off the shoulders. From what I could see, it was very feminine and pretty. I just wish that her coat was the same length as her dress. It always bothers me when women wear coats that are much shorter than their dresses (especially during evening events). It would be nice to see a full-length photo of her dress without the coat over it. I thought that the color was very pretty.

I still think it's nice,although more appropriate for the spring.

Last edited:
I think she should put her coat back on! Now it appears to be two different colors which of course it isn't. It has to be the lighting....

The coat's nice, but not with that dress. The dress is definitely not something that should be worn in the winter. The fabric looks thin and it looks terrible with black stockings and platform shoes. I do like her hair; it's a nice change. But, the entire look is really a bad mix of things.

Good Grief. I'm sorry but that is Not the way a princess dresses, imo! A sweater streched waaaay over her tummy and a dress that all one notices is her ..urm, bosoms? I realize that she is proud of her pregnancy, and rightly so, but she still just doesn't get how a woman with class and taste should dress. ("thumbs down".)

... [snipped] a dress that all one notices is her ..urm, bosoms?... [snipped]
I fully agree with you on a light blue dress with a relatively deep décolté, which tends to attract attention. While Princess Marie should not opt for tight-laced Victorian outfits, she should avoid showing her bosoms too much.

A sweater streched waaaay over her tummy and a dress that all one notices is her ..urm, bosoms? I. ("thumbs down".)
:ermm: Not that I think Marie will be getting the fashion icon nod anytime soon, but criticizing her over a sweater is a bit much. As her bump continues to grow, there is nothing she wears that's not going to have to stretch, unless she wears a tent. Also, as her figure changes, there would be the awkward inbetween times when things gets tight but not too tight. If she keeps on wearing new things all the time, she'd likely be criticized for extravagence. Wearing tents won't save her from being labeled dowdy. My point is, cut her some slack.

Even from a side view, the blue dress isn't cut that low. She was in no danger of falling out any time soon. I've seen maternity wears a lot more daring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom