Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know,it's gonna be even harder for her to wear nice heels until she gives birth.Does anyone know when will that happen?

Thanks,magnik!!There's plenty of time until May for her heels to become shorter and shorter,right?

If these are an example of what's to come, I'm not looking forward to what we will be seeing on her feet! :(

If these are an example of what's to come, I'm not looking forward to what we will be seeing on her feet! :(

I don't think that they're awful. They simply aren't appropriate for this particular gown.

You are right, of course. My comment Was abit harsh. :flowers:

Even if they look awful or not that bad,I'm sure we can forgive her because of her pregnancy,which is far more important than anything else :angel: Whatever suits her :flowers:

the style of the dress is well suited to this kind of shoes
shoes are the same color as the dress, good match

yes,you are right the color suits perfectly with the color of the dress.
But they are not delicate.She certainly feel more comfortable in them because of of her pregnancies.
I am not worried about her future choice of shoes,I mean after her delivery of course.
So far, she has got a good taste in choosing her shoes.The pic sent by Her majesty shows that she tends to wear delicate and feminine shoes not big and ugly things.

I'm fine with her choice of footwear - she's pregnant and the shoes are mostly covered by her skirt. It's the fur that ruins the look for me - dark colored dress, light colored fur???? The Queen and Princess Marie should've swapped furs.

:previous: I'm OK with the shoes. Let's face it, it's a big night out and you don't get any brownie points for falling off your 5" heels. However, the fur was just plain awful as it looked cumbersome and she seemed to wield it like a Valkyrie's shield to hide her sillohette. :eek:

As for the dress? Well the colour is fabulous but it could have been as shapless as a tent for all we know so, the jury is definitely out on that one! :D

The tiara and hair were terrific but the neck looked over-exposed framed as it was by the heavy Order chain with the bulky fur as relief. :ermm:

fur is a bit dark, i agree, but Marie has a modest wardrobe... for the moment
everything is not perfect, but i find her beautiful

Marie looked so beautiful. I think I said that in another thread: her dress reminded me of the dark blue one Mary used to wear for this gala some years ago.
I really liked this dress on Marie. a good gala start :)

Yeah, she has some tender spark that makes her shine.

Marie does look stunning but I don't like the fur stole - it is very matronly looking. I don't know what kind of fur it is - hopefully it is fake or faux fur, that would be great!

I really liked Marie's ensemble for the gala. The neckline, fabric, colour of the dress were all great.
I personally dont have a problem at all with the stole, it looks fine to me. The shoes were not my all time favourites, but they're quite all right, and, as was pointed out, they're hidden most of the time anyway ;)

Last edited:
Marie looked lovely, like a queen.:flowers:
Her dress was simple and classy, I also like d its color. Fur stole was nice too, the color maybe was not a perfect match but the whole outfit looked great. I like Marie with her hair up. She looked wonderful in that tiara.:)
Yeah, she has some tender spark that makes her shine.
I agree, Pss Marie has this something that makes her a charming woman.

Too bad that we Still cannot see the whole gown! I fail to see how one can make a decision based on what we are Not able to see!! Yes, the color is beautiful, and the full skirt is pretty, and the shoes match, but that is all. Sorry, but I fail to see where Marie looks so 'fabulous' and like a Princess. She just still lacks that 'special something' that sets a Royal apart. Imho, of course.

Marie's blue gown is amazing! She looks so pretty!

Marie’s tiara is beautiful, it really looks well on her. I do wish that there was a clearer pic of the dress but I do like the part of it I can see. What I don’t like are her shoes, which I really don’t think match the style of dress, and the fur. I think that it was far too dark.

I think the fur would have been a better idea if, on Marie, it had not been a wrap but a coat something she didn't have to hold. I all looked too cluttered the evening bag the fur both hand in view holding the bag, and the husband she was a balancing act there. IMO

I wonder she is ashamed by her growing belly? I don't think she worn ANYTHING to show it off yet, and we could see in the "courtseeing" photos, that she does have one. :-D

I liked the gown, but the shoes were not very pretty. They looked like they were made of plastic, and the style was clunky. Perhaps she chose them because of the cold weather, or swollen feet due to her pregnancy? Either way, at least they were mostly covered by the dress.

I think the fur would have been a better idea if, on Marie, it had not been a wrap but a coat something she didn't have to hold. I all looked too cluttered the evening bag the fur both hand in view holding the bag, and the husband she was a balancing act there. IMO
I completely agree, it all looks too messy. The colour of her dress is lovely as is her tiara and makeup. But withall the things she had to hold, it dosen't look 'polished 'enough .

She never quite looks 'polished' enough. She always just 'misses the mark'. As for all she had to hold, she is Always grabbing onto Joachim in some form or another. Perhaps now she has a good excuse to do so as she is pregnant, but I don't remember seeing other HRH's constantly hanging onto their husbands quite like Marie. It's as if she's afraid he'll get away!

I really liked Marie's ensemble for the gala. The neckline, fabric, colour of the dress were all great.
I personally dont have a problem at all with the stole, it looks fine to me.

I agree.

About the stole I love that natural colour against the blue dress. It gives a softness no other colour can provide. All in all - she was simply stunningly beautiful :flowers:.

That's the beauty of this wonderful board....the ability to share opinions from all over the world!!! :flowers: and also to agree to disagree! Wonderful....:)

Or to sit on it in front of the fireplace....:D

Actually that is exactly it she never looks polished....

She never quite looks 'polished' enough. She always just 'misses the mark'. As for all she had to hold, she is Always grabbing onto Joachim in some form or another. Perhaps now she has a good excuse to do so as she is pregnant, but I don't remember seeing other HRH's constantly hanging onto their husbands quite like Marie. It's as if she's afraid he'll get away!

Have a look at some of Mette-Marit photos where she's grabbing Haakon's hand/arm as though she's about to go into a panic attack. She's been hanging on to him in one way or another ever since their wedding day. The difference is that Marie who is so much shorter and petite than Mette-Marit (who is approximately the same height as Haakon) looks like she is being dragged along by Joachim who is much taller than her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom